Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1596 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just back from a sunny weekend in Bluestone Pembrokeshire and witnessed this stunning sunset from our lodge. 

Gave my mum and dad bear hugs yesterday. First time I’d seen them for real in eleven months!

There were tears. But it was wonderful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
ha..I only know 2 things about faslane, nuclear subs and wasn't there talk of moving the naval base to gib?
hope the weather holds..
Oakbank;32032:
I went for a wee potter about on Ladybird today. Very little wind, but it was 'Taps Aff!', just shorts and sunblock, plus floppy hat and sunglasses. I didn't go anywhere, just out to the Tail o' the Bank, down to the Cloch and back to my mooring near Faslane.
​Bet that will get some of you Googling 🆒
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Marc;47693:
Doesn't the Aeropress get a bit messy @Strutt G 🤔?

Good morning @Marc - no mess at all it makes great coffee and thought I'd miss the stove top and now no rush looking for a valve.
Go to the Pact coffee website and checkout the various brewing methods including the Aeropress.
Cup of nice smooth quality black coffee (or with Pea Milk) with dark chocolate and your all set up to go.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Received my vouchers from PP today 👍

Thanks very much @Marc  @Nataly @Mads and all at PP 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ya beat me to it @Angelabikerbabe  Thank you PP, it’s book tokens for me this time round.

A day late but yesterday I also received a wonderful box of brownies (thank you Marc) beautifully made by Barefoot in Oxford and my dog poop supplies form Fetchit. AA very lovely couple of days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
is there a groan button anywhere - maybe there should be...
...on the other hand THIS was quite interesting.
Marc;49490:
A weasel walks into a bar. The bartender says “Wow, I’ve never served a weasel before. What can I get you?”

“Pop,” goes the weasel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Oakbank;22172:
Two things make me happy today :):)

My infinitely better half and I are off to Fuerteventura for a week of winter sunshine.

I submitted a set of meter readings and Wattbot told me my gas reading was lower than expected.

Happy days Woz! Have a great holiday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You’re so so right re who knows who, our Nanny. I soooooo soooooo get you, truly happening everywhere lately. You’re not alone, and it’s so so so wrong that so many innocent people suffer for months, years. You were very very very brave to confront, but as you say, sometimes you reach that tether end, and you don’t even think of the potential danger, but good for you our Nanny, and fantastic result to see them finally get what’s deserved. 

I truly hope your health will improve now, I can see just by these simple posts, or any post really, the person behind them, and you're always so so so bubbly, happy and fun, I’ve never seen another side, so know you’ll spring back instantly. I know it’s easy to conceal when it’s virtual, so not always obvious how people feel, but hopefully now they’re out the picture, and you’ll hopefully get decent nice considerate respectful neighbours when it’s rented out again, you’ll soon be feeling 110%.

btw, DMs whenever you need to get anything off your chest, absolutely fine, and I know I will be speaking for lots of 👂👂👂here within the community, not just myself our Nanny. Big celebratory hugs 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👍👍👍👏👏👏

Today I'm happy that it's raining.
Raining?
I'm calling it liquid sunshine 🌧️ ☀️ 🤣

Sunshine streaming in. Pot of coffee. Cat snoring away. 

:heart:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Jon1;29548:
Back again.
Do miracles still happen?2142

My question about miracles has been answered with a firm NO they dont happen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Our best ever season in the age of the premiership and a silver medal in the cup. I would of taken that at start of season, so now onto next year were waiting to see which of the pozzo family players are transferred to watford. And will the manager last another full season?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you everyone,

We have had the most amazing support from so many many people, it really has carried me through. I’ve got way more than Fry’s in my fridge let me tell you :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
i copied and pasted my code, and it worked fine 👍
Userlevel 5
Sorry had to check what it was and I am laughing 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sat by the river in Frome to eat our sandwiches today, ☀️ shining, yummy sandwiches, life is good 🙂🥰

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great you popped by, our Dai, and great to see your Shadows and Reflections photo as I turned my PP calendar to May this morning 👍👍👍👍👍👍😁📆

Really pleased you like that pic @Bev, the PP calendar is so professional,  I am astounded that I am present. It makes me smile 👍👍. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The lifting of the crazy 5 Mile Rule Covid travel restrictions in Wales!
Now planning our visit to see grandchildren- yipeeeeeeeee 🥰🥰

Badge +2

Went to garden center to pick up some cucumber plants 🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒 (usually buy ones called Telegraph) and founds these ..…

Who knew !!!!

Hoping mine will produce hundreds of these wonderful golden balls.  I'll keep you posted.  

That made me smile today. 😁😁😁😁 from ear to ear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thought of you Dasp, no lie, whilst watching the highlights last night 👍👏
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh wow, I seriously love any new and unusual veg or fruit, always like to give things a try. Oh that really does look nice doesn’t it, and you’d feel proud presenting it on a plate. Oh really love it, seriously. Had no idea such a 🥒existed. Keep your updates coming on how they grow our Jo 👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Strutt G, it’s 22.05pm, game finished - what on earth is going on in football ⚽️ .
SPURS V LIVERPOOL ������������������������������������������������
​AMAZING ������������������������

PS - Strutt G household must be a happy place ������������������������
Badge +2

This made me happy today...... Louis had a cut & blow-dry and came home looking and smelling gorgeous.  

Badge +2

Congratulations @Jowl it's wonderful when you find the one ❤️