Hot Topic

What made me happy today

Show first post

1596 replies

How exciting @Angelabikerbabe! What will you be growing in there? :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Finally managed to get the concrete base done for the new  greenhouse, 1st dry day off for ages! 

Before:

After: 

(It's only a small 6x4 greenhouse)

Interesting to read that the next Apple Watch has more health checking attributes one of which is fertility. No more “Rush home quick, my temperature is up.” But more likely the Watch suddenly sounding off when in the queue at the checkout for all to hear “Fertility is high, you need to get home quickly to perform.” Perhaps, or rather hopefully, it also sends a message to one’s partner at the same time as it takes two to tango. User selected messages as well? Imagine a chap in the middle of an important meeting and his watch sounds off with his preset message “You need to get home quick for a leg over”!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Beer is the answer! Now, what was the question?

🤣 you've been talking to my hubby, ....he thinks beer is the answer to everything too @25 quid  🤣

Beer is the answer! Now, what was the question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It really is good, the more I look at it! 😳👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫 🙃😁😁😁

...accidental. 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

God that’s an awesome photo our Notes! Clever

Been out on bank holiday beer and music fun. This pic nicely summarises the slightly tipsy feeling! 

Fleetwood Mac tribute act — Loved their reinterpretation of Tusk

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Having a lie in on a Monday.....fantastic 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Been to order 2 riser recliner chairs for the old folks. Hopefully make their lives easier and more comfortable 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Gimp pins? What are they used for, I wonder....🤔

Used by an upholsterer. Bit like tacks. Gimp being a form of braid.

Ohhhhhh!

Used by an upholsterer. Bit like tacks. Gimp being a form of braid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

When you think of all the huge stores that have been forced to close, isn’t it wonderful to see such old fashioned little businesses still going strong? Love that👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 

Yup, perfect. Same here. Something like 3p each or 5 for 8p!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I love these olde world chandler's stores. There was one opposite me where I lived eons ago. No matter what you wanted/needed they had it, and if the didn't they could get it normally within an hour. Plus he had open boxes of screws , nails etc and would sell them singular instead of a whole box.

@25 quid  Looks as though you have nailed it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

LOL 🤣🤣🤣🤣bless ya

Found a new-to-me village hardware store with so many wonderful toys!

Just what I needed! 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Finishing work at 12pm today made me sooooo happy, especially as its a long weekend. 

Wish I could so it more often!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The bank holiday weekend’s weather forecast has made me happy today! We’ve taken the plunge and have booked a few nights of camping… fingers crossed the weather stays good to us. :smile:

Have a great time @Nataly .

Yes, as @G4RHL says, it's like autumn up here. Hope the weather improves  . I still have work to do outdoors this weekend and wanna get it done.

So annoying trying to 2nd guess what the weather is gonna be like. (And the weather forecasters are no help)

The bank holiday weekend’s weather forecast has made me happy today! We’ve taken the plunge and have booked a few nights of camping… fingers crossed the weather stays good to us. :smile:

Bloody cold up here and it’s raining, or trying to. Just put the heating on in the living room.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes a pretty good forecast our Nat 👍, so hopefully you’ll enjoy your camping 🏕🏕🏕🏕👍☀️