What do you call this food?

• 15 February 2021
  • 51 replies

• Community Manager
  • 6981 replies

Never let it be said that we don’t tackle the BIG questions here in the Pure Planet Community.:laughing:

This one might get a little controversial ….

So, what do you call it? 

What do you call this?

51 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Chip butty

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Chip batch

According to our local chippy ‘a chip bap,’ a ‘chip butty’ is obviously different - as that uses sliced bread - we’re posh over here you know.

When I were a lad, it were a ‘chip bun’ and cost 35p of my dinner money, and a walk to the other side of town.

In related news, that thing we call a ‘sandwich’ is not a ‘sandwich’ - not unless you toast the bread first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah a chip butty IS said here, almost in jest, but only used seriously to mean slices of bread. So a chip butty is a chip sandwich (not toasted 😂). 

If you walk into the chippy and ask for a chip butty, they’ll give you chips between two slices of bread. 

If you walk in, and ask for a chip batch, you’ll get what you want, ie what’s in the picture 👍👏🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Chip butty here also. Now I am feeling peckish 😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev is well informed 😂😂😂 👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂, I think it’s simply a regional thing our Dai. No right or wrong, but if you’re up and down the country a lot, living on fast food, you’d need to know the variations 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have always asked for a chip butty up here in the North East, and I've always got chips in a bun, never 2 slices of bread. 

As bev says, it's a regional thing tho. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

A chip barm

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Chip butty

Yep defo with @Angelabikerbabe  just a slight tweak, it's a chippy buttie, and quite appertising too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, whatever we call it, it’s still a delicious treat 💕💕💕💕👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yeah, whatever we call it, it’s still a delicious treat 💕💕💕💕👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏🤣

Damn right! Yum yum.

Chip butty over here I reckon! Time for a mid-morning snack anyone...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

😂😂😂😂😂Marcs gonna make us fat, talking 🍟🍟🍟🍟🥖🥖🍞🍞first thing on a Monday 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Not complaining mind, I don’t think, as a nation, we’ll EVER not like chips, especially the smell as you walk passed a chip shop! No matter how full you think you are, it’s imposdible not to salivate and go mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Chip Balm

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

A packaged future coronary episode?

I’m sorry but @Bev @Duppy @NannyOgg have the WRONG answer :laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m sorry but @Bev @Duppy @NannyOgg have the WRONG answer :laughing:

Well Marc, you did say it was controversial, but according to the chippies around here it is definitely a chip barm

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And if you come here, and walk into our local chippy, asking for anything else but a Chip BATCH our Marc, they’ll look at ya like you’ve got three heads 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Sorry @Marc,

That’s what you would get round our end if you asked for a chip balm :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m sorry but @Bev @Duppy @NannyOgg have the WRONG answer :laughing:

So @Marc , what do you call it? 

I’d call it a Ciabatta and fries @Angelabikerbabe 

With mayo

:laughing::laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’d call it a Ciabatta and fries @Angelabikerbabe 

With mayo

Noooo, thats posh!!!🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’d call it a Ciabatta and fries @Angelabikerbabe 

With mayo

if that’s a ciabatta I’m a :banana: (without mayo)

Userlevel 4

Chip butty