What are your predictions and hopes for 2021?

• 30 December 2020
  • 12 replies

• Community Manager
  • 7108 replies

Well, we’re almost there, almost out of 2020 and no doubt everything will be rosy in 2021! Well, perhaps not, but it’s got to get better, right?

I’ve come over a bit ‘mystic Meg’ and have some predictions for 2021. Some of them are wishes more than predictions, I guess.

We’ll go into a national Covid-19 lockdown again. But we’ll be nearly back to normal by Easter and mostly all OK by August Bank Holiday. :pray:

Liverpool will (unfortunately) not retain the Premier League. :frowning2:

There’ll be a new Prime Minister before the year is up. :thinking:

Renewable energy, recycling and protecting the environment will become top of the political agenda :blush:

The Queen will retire :prince:

Apple will start selling glasses (as in, spectacles) which have some augmented reality in them :nerd:

I will lose a stone in weight! :laughing:

What are yours? Don’t worry, this is for fun, and nobody’s going to hold us to it!

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hopefully covid will ease off and everything will go back to normality, it's been a weird year and hopefully I can along with everyone eles see our families again and finally give the smoking up as it's a bad habit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’d like to see national lockdown for January, rather than the increase in Tiers that Matt Hancock’s due to be stipulating in today’s 1500hrs briefing, to ensure everyone understands what what. This will hopefully ensure the pressure on the NHS lessens slightly, and with the Oxford vaccine, hopefully can get mass safety, and a bit more Freedom come summer. Not that there haven’t been some positives from this pandemic, I’d like to think we won’t rush straight back into pre COVID behaviour and habits.

I’d definitely like to lose a stone in weight too, Marc 👏👍😬, I’ll keep trying hard and persisting with health in general. 

Look sooooo forward to visiting parents and their doggy sometime soon after so long. 

Hope to continue enjoying a safe and simple life. 

Good luck with the 🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬🚭Ryan👍👏

Hope to continue enjoying a safe and simple life. 

Yes @Bev love this :blush::ballot_box_with_check:

finally give the smoking up as it's a bad habit.

Ah this is a great one @Rds261189 Once you do you’ll be so chuffed. Especially the money saved! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My only hope for 2021 is for everyone to be vaccinated and we can eradicate this awful COVID once and for all. 😷

( oh, and also for  new bike.🏍...but can't see that happening 😜)

Userlevel 6
Badge

Tiers in Scotland are different we on lockdown for 3 weeks from boxing day but covid figures in my area are coming down which is good in the shirt run but question is what about the long run!!!

My only hope for 2021 is for everyone to be vaccinated and we can eradicate this awful COVID once and for all. 😷

( oh, and also for  new bike.🏍...but can't see that happening 😜)

I think you definitely deserve a new bike @Angelabikerbabe :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

( oh, and also for  new bike.🏍️...but can't see that happening 😜)

I think you definitely deserve a new bike @Angelabikerbabe :wink:

👍👍👍 (dunno whether i can afford it tho)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am looking forward to an “improved year”, so that’s not to difficult to achieve. I am doubling my efforts to support local businesses and I hope that our younger generation have improved work opportunities as they have been hit very hard. 
👍👍

Badge +2

Interesting prediction Mystec Marc!

Predictions:

Covid will be still be rife as we approach september and the new schools year. Vaccinations will be well behind where we need to be. Onluy 50% of the propulation will have received the jabs

Man Utd will win the Premier League.

Lewis Hamilton will have a record breaking 8th World Title. People will still claim he’s not the greatest F1 driver.

Tories and Tory donors will be richer than they ever have been. The poor in this country will be poorer then ever. The gap between the rich and the poor will be greater than ever

The gap between the North and South will have widened further.

Prices of food,  goods and services will have risen due to Brexit.

We’ll have a new PM

Hopes:

The UK will be COVID free (chanes: <10%)

Wednesday will make the play offs in the championship (chances: < 10%)

We’ll have a new party in power (chances: < 10%)

I will regularly be going on a bike ride and be much fitter (chances: 40%)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Great thread idea @Marc 

Planning for the worst but hoping for the best I see @Jowl. Pretty sensible stance to take.

My predictions -

I have no predictions, they tend to lead to disappointment either because they aren’t what you hoped for or because you spoiled your own surprise by predicting them.

My Hopes -

Efforts will be seriously ramped up to look after the planet better.

People will make much more of an effort to just be nice to each other, regardless of differences of opinions.

Folks can re-learn the art of respectful debate.

The Green Party will grow in popularity.

I make a good job of training our puppy.

That I have plenty of opportunities to help people and / or be a positive influence.

My new little box project proves successful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It will be interesting to reading this post in December and see how these predictions pan out ..........  I look forward to that