What are your favourite Christmas movies?

• 5 December 2018
  • 24 replies

• Community Manager
  • 7094 replies
Not long to go! :o

One of my favourite things about Christmas is the excuse to watch lots of TV, especially some classic films that seem to be repeated at this time of year.

Which are your favourite Christmas movies? (And I'm going to open this up to include Die Hard 😉 Which is definitely a Xmas film, right?)

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
If that’s the case Marc, I’m including my Railway Children πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸš‚. Actually it’s Christmas day when it all starts so that counts then πŸ‘πŸ˜‚. It’s ALWAYS shown over Christmas, sooooooo adore it!

Onesy and πŸ–₯. Bliss πŸ˜‚

Also Wizard of Oz, adorable film πŸŒͺπŸ’¨πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang πŸ’₯πŸ’₯OMG sooooooo beautiful πŸ’•

Think one of my absolute faves tho, has to be HOLIDAY with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. OMG Beyond divine β›„οΈπŸŒ¨πŸŒ¨πŸŒ¨β„οΈβ„οΈβ„οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‘

BBC had soooooooo better put some back to back Peter Kay Car Share πŸš˜πŸ™ˆon, including outtakes, OMG I’d be in heaven. Comedy gold πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚.

How I LOVE going thru the festive TV TIMES πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚and highlighting all my viewing!
Userlevel 5
I like that film where a fella is picked t be Santa, his belly gets bigger then the red suit goes on n he is transported t Santa land at North Pole. Well the time stands still then clouds part there is Santaland. He goes in meets Mrs Santa goes to the toy factory with elves tapping away making toys. So enchanting. The luttle boy looks in the window of a rich girl with presents he drools at the food cos he's hungry. Christmas Eve comes poor Rudolf deer has a cold, so Santa blows magic flying dust over them n the ancient sleigh, t make em fly at warpspeed. The bad guys want t corrupt the elf with loadsa money
the actor in Ain't half hot Mum - but SantaπŸŽ…saves him. Wot's the film called? Elf?

Super warm weepie Sleepless in Seattle cos a bit of romance does u good. The Actress is so pretty. πŸ’‘β€β€ When Tom Hanks goes to Empire State waits ages but she comes up in lift at last minute the little lad is so happy at his Dad falls in luve at first sight with her. She feels the same. All cos the lad wrote her letters as a penpal supposedly from his Pop. As John Lennon wrote, "Do u belueve in love at first sight, yes I guess it happens all the time."

Did anyone remember John on Sat 8 Dec, 38 yrs since he was murdered, We lost a wonderful talented man.

Its a Wondwrful Life. Bit corny by tday's films but so twee. When u hear the bell tinkling its ur Angel πŸ‘Όgettimg gis wings. Another all time ancient favourite. Wish they would make it digial HD 3D n in Technicolour. Wot a mindblowing film that would be, eh?🧚*♂️
Bev;18824:
If that’s the case Marc, I’m including my Railway Children

Ha! I should have seen that one coming @Bev 🙂
Kniterella;19207:
the actor in Ain't half hot Mum - but Santa saves him. Wot's the film called? Elf

My movie knowledge isn't great TBH @Kniterella
I can't think of an actor who was Elf and It Ain't Half Hot Mum! 🙂 Maybe someone knows!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Got the Christmas TV guide today πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘, simple things! Mega thrilled! My gorgeous Railway Children πŸš‚is on New Years day! Also if you missed it first time round, don’t miss the superb animation Ethel and Ernest on NY eve! It’s sooooooooo sooooooooo beautifully done πŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘. Also the lovely, awesome UP is on 🎈🎈🎈, and the absolutely heart wrenching Hatchi: a dogs tale on Sat 22nd. You won’t find a sadder film, and true story 😫😫😫😫. Also Mary Poppins and Chitty Bang Bang! Beyond thrilled! Yippeeeeee πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Bev;19364:
Got the Christmas TV guide today πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘, simple things! Mega thrilled! My gorgeous Railway Children πŸš‚is on New Years day! Also if you missed it first time round, don’t miss the superb animation Ethel and Ernest on NY eve! It’s sooooooooo sooooooooo beautifully done πŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘. Also the lovely, awesome UP is on 🎈🎈🎈, and the absolutely heart wrenching Hatchi: a dogs tale on Sat 22nd. You won’t find a sadder film, and true story 😫😫😫😫. Also Mary Poppins and Chitty Bang Bang! Beyond thrilled! Yippeeeeee πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘

Got to be Its a wonderful life
,Muppet Christmas Carol (Alistair Sims is v good too) Gremlins (yes it is christmas film)
Daspy;19950:
Got to be Its a wonderful life
,Muppet Christmas Carol (Alistair Sims is v good too) Gremlins (yes it is christmas film)

Good shout @Daspy :)
I saw Christmas Carol version with Alistair Sims this year, for the first time.
Excellent! Really well made.
I also watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' for the first time. I really liked it too, highly recommend!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Not a film, but bloody LOVED Click and Collect! Stephen Merchant. OMG soooooooo heart warming πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Have you been watching the ABC Murders @Bev ?
John Malkovich as Poirot is dark, and v complusive viewing! On iPlayer if youve missed it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I didn’t fancy it Marc tbh, don’t think it’d be my β˜•οΈ, just got a feeling
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Good grief you don't half make life difficult Knit!
I do admire your memory.
I think the movie was probably Santa Claus: The Movie with Dudley Moore, and the actor was Melvyn Hayes.
but I could be wrong...
I love It's a Wonderful Life, it's one of those rare films that can only be made worse with a remake no matter what technical bells and whistles are thrown it it. Leave well alone I say. (Though I'd like to see the digital restoration of the original which does exist.)
Kniterella;19207:
I like that film where a fella is picked t be Santa, his belly gets bigger then the red suit goes on n he is transported t Santa land at North Pole. Well the time stands still then clouds part there is Santaland. He goes in meets Mrs Santa goes to the toy factory with elves tapping away making toys. So enchanting. The luttle boy looks in the window of a rich girl with presents he drools at the food cos he's hungry. Christmas Eve comes poor Rudolf deer has a cold, so Santa blows magic flying dust over them n the ancient sleigh, t make em fly at warpspeed. The bad guys want t corrupt the elf with loadsa money
the actor in Ain't half hot Mum - but SantaοΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½saves him. Wot's the film called? Elf?

Super warm weepie Sleepless in Seattle cos a bit of romance does u good. The Actress is so pretty. ������❀❀ When Tom Hanks goes to Empire State waits ages but she comes up in lift at last minute the little lad is so happy at his Dad falls in luve at first sight with her. She feels the same. All cos the lad wrote her letters as a penpal supposedly from his Pop. As John Lennon wrote, "Do u belueve in love at first sight, yes I guess it happens all the time."

Did anyone remember John on Sat 8 Dec, 38 yrs since he was murdered, We lost a wonderful talented man.

Its a Wondwrful Life. Bit corny by tday's films but so twee. When u hear the bell tinkling its ur Angel οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½gettimg gis wings. Another all time ancient favourite. Wish they would make it digial HD 3D n in Technicolour. Wot a mindblowing film that would be, eh?οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½*♂️
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Thought Malkovich was very effective and whole story was riddled with dark and 'sorry' sub plots. Would agree with the big recommendation too.

Also whilst on the recommendations 'Grizzly Bears cubs and me'. Just shows what amazing things us humans can do, when the right people are involved. The bears are amazing too.
Userlevel 5
I think the film I'm on about is The Santa Clause.

I watched a FAB new Christmas film on Christmas Eve, on Netflix, Christmas Chronicles. Its hilarious, These 2 lids want to catch filming Santa in rhe act of giving presents n eatimg cookies. Then in a red hazy flash he shoots up the chimney. The kuds go out n climb into the sleigh it has SatNav n a big book of addresses. While Santa is flying the lad looks up as Sanra turns towards him wot a shock! Santa drops his reindeer straps thingies, then crashes the sleigh. Santa n the lad go to a Caf asking if they can borrow a car, the people think he's a nutrer so they steal a posh red sports car. The cops give chase n nab Santa put him in the slammer What happens is a lot of fun in the cell with other inmates ... i won't spoil it you'all might like t view the film. It has lots of amazing special effects, so that's how Sanra whizzes around the World ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
My Railway Children πŸš‚πŸ’–was on today! Was in absolute heaven πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚
Oh go on then, let's get into the Christmas spirit. Just 20 days now until Christmas Eve.
Anyone got any must-see movies on their radar?
At ours I think we'll start with 'Love, Actually' 🀧
Badge +2
1. Santa Claus the Movie.
The Dudley moore one Always love this and the kids do too. They're bring fans of Home Alone as well - always funny but I have to check the stairs from traps afterwards 😃
Jowl;43958:
1. Santa Claus the Movie.
The Dudley moore one Always love this and the kids do too. They're bring fans of Home Alone as well - always funny but I have to check the stairs from traps afterwards :D

I saw Home Alone for the first time last Christmas... I'm ashamed to say I didn't like it that much!

I'm thinking maybe after years of hearing so much about it, it had been a bit overhyped 😫

In my house we always watch The Holiday. 😍
One of my friends and I make sure we meet up every Christmas to watch Love Actually together, too πŸ‘
Badge +2
😱 @Nataly I'm so disappointed in you 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
OMG The Holiday is soooooooooooooooooooo one of my absolute faves too! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Jowl;44005:
😱 @Nataly I'm so disappointed in you :D

Same @Jowl
β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ˜‰
Does anyone else like to go "old-school" with their Christmas movies?😁

We watch the same DVDs on more or less the exact same date each year 😎 since you can't guarantee your Xmas favs will be on Netflix/Prime etc!
My favourite Christmas movie will always be Love Actually. Just such a heart-warming movie, must watch it every Christmas. I'm scared to admit that I've never seen Elf πŸ˜… it will be this years' Christmas plan for me.
Badge +2
I have never seen Elf. Do we need a support group? 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
My favourite Railway ChildrenπŸš‚is on New Years Eve BBC1 11:20πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ‘. Just saying!