Walk 10,000 steps a day

• Community Manager
  • 6972 replies
I'm a little late to the New Year (new decade) resolution thing.

But inspired by this great New Year poll from @Bev I've decided to be healthy and aim to walk at least 10,000 steps, briskly, per day.

I'm not sure how true it is that 10k steps a day is good for you, but I figured it can't be bad for me, can it?

Not that it's a race or anything, but if anyone feels like joining me in this little challenge, a little friendly rivalry will probably help!

Here's my daily average for the year so far, a week in.

I'll be sure to keep posting here of my progress πŸ˜‚

185 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Good one yesterday!

Β 

πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey excellent our Notes, love the detailΒ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Hopefully moreΒ will join us, and share πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘

Good one yesterday!

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Early frosty ❄️❄️❄️❄️, butΒ sunny β˜€οΈπŸ˜Žwalk to supermarket πŸ›’πŸ‘πŸ§€πŸ§£πŸ§¦πŸ‘’, winter attire was back out! Really gorgeous tho.Β 

Nice start to the bank holidayΒ 

Do feel free to share your steps over the three days of the banky holiday πŸ‘žπŸ‘žπŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 

#justforfun

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Early morning walk for my COVID πŸ’‰, not a bad start toΒ myΒ Wednesday

Raw, strong gales πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨and heavy rain first thing, but enjoyed

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah thank you. I was pleased too. Cabbaged now, but did it! πŸ˜…πŸ˜Žβ˜€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘

Blowdee ell! Epic!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Phew pleased with that beauty πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘

Just in, back here shortly πŸ‘πŸšΏπŸ˜…

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s an excellent amount and I LOVE it when you’re silly! πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

Literally just this second back myself our Notes, it’s beyond glorious and raw raw raw, sooooooo perfect πŸ˜³β˜€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈβ„οΈβ„οΈβ„οΈ, truly divine. Not one cloud! So I’ll be back hereΒ shortly πŸ‘πŸšΏπŸ€―πŸ˜…

One consultant saying walking is the best thing for absolutely any condition, whether it be recovering from injury, ongoing pain, or mental.

😊 Great for treating a broken leg! πŸ˜‰Β 

Sorry had to resort to being silly as I can’t match your steps:Β 

Long legs walks

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I heard two similar statements yesterday Marc, both medical professionals. One consultant saying walking is the best thing for absolutely any condition, whether it be recovering from injury, ongoing pain, or mental. Helps maintain the level of fitness you work hard to achieve when younger, and fully clears the mind of lurking negativity.

Then an ex military theatre nurse said she adored gym, but now solely does walking, and never felt better.Β 

Just back from a morning walk. Woke up feeling sluggish. head pointing in the wrong direction. The walk really sorted me out. Much more energised and positive!Β :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah thank you Nat, thank you.Β 

Literally just back πŸ˜“, wore coat and hat as was raw, but glorious. Came home dripping phew. 🚿calling loud. With ya shortly πŸ‘

Cabbaged but did it πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Β 

22k is very impressive @Bev, and loving the photo too.Β :smiley:

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks our Strutt, really enjoyed it πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜…

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not long back from a gorgeΒ walk. Great if fully wrapped up πŸ§€πŸ§£πŸ§¦πŸ‘’, sunny spells β˜€οΈ, rawΒ winds πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨and some gorgeous 🐴🐴🐴on the way, to feed πŸ‘

Perfect πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

And the steps looked after themselves πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Very pleasedΒ 

Β 

Well done - good stuff - get on the good foot

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not long back from a gorgeΒ walk. Great if fully wrapped up πŸ§€πŸ§£πŸ§¦πŸ‘’, sunny spells β˜€οΈ, rawΒ winds πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ’¨and some gorgeous 🐴🐴🐴on the way, to feed πŸ‘

Perfect πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

And the steps looked after themselves πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Very pleasedΒ 

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Brass πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’but soooooooooooo glorious. Crisp and fresh!

Bright red cheeks brrrrrrrrrrrr but gorgeous πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ§£πŸ§¦πŸ‘’πŸ§€β„οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ‘πŸ’•

Β 

We go out every morning for stroll or briskΒ walk before breakfast. Round 1 or 2 parks aproxΒ 2 - 4 miles. Fairly active during the day.Β Couldn’t tell yer how many steps...as that would drive me nuts.Β 

This sounds wonderful @Strutt GΒ 

I’m out three times a day and the distance does depend on how the back is feeling, but no doubt that any kind of walk is good for my head, as much as the bodyΒ :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah thank you Duppy, thank you Nat, but as I say, it’s not EVERY day, but try best. Yes pleased to have it all done nice and early, and looks like being another lovely day β˜€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Agreed @Duppy, I’ve managed about 100 steps - from my room, to the kettle for coffee, to the home office.Β :sweat_smile: Β amazing @Bev!Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You're putting us all to shame @BevΒ , 11000 steps and all before 9am

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Shopping done πŸ›’πŸƒβ€β™€οΈNow let Easter begin πŸ’•πŸ£πŸ’•β˜€οΈπŸ‘

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So not long back from early πŸšͺπŸšͺπŸšͺπŸ›’Morrison’s, left at six so wore full attire, with coat, woolly hat and gloves! Came back dripping πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…. It’s gorgeous β˜€οΈπŸ˜Žand mild temps now, looks like being another stunning day.Β 

Steps to follow πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘in a bit.Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah but sadly Nat, it’s not consistent. So altho I am indeed an early lark, I don’t manage outdoor walking daily, BUT I do always get my hall runs in indoors 🀣🀣🀣. I do hope, like you tho, to increase my daily steps to pre Covid levels, Β and enjoy the fresh air and β˜€οΈ,now Spring is arriving πŸ‘