Walk 10,000 steps a day

Show first post

185 replies

Haha. Yeah I got quite close to some sneezers a few times! I might have to not trust Siri directions next time...
Jon1;51912:
Just curious, are the different shades of colour an indication of how socially distant you were being?
also it does seem a long way round of getting to the house across the road.
​​​
I’ve been there and done that already!
​​​​​​​
Although some of the family suggested alternate interpretations! πŸ™„
Marc;51885:
That's a great opportunity to make some art @25 quid
Just keep it clean πŸ˜‰
My wife and often go out for a walk. 4 miles and it’s a little over 9,000 steps. My wife, doing the same walk gets over a thousand steps more. So she achieves her 10k and I don’t! She is seven inches shorter than me and has little legs!
Yeah @G4RHL, leg length makes a significant different to step counts. I think that’s why shorties like the 10,000 target! 😜
If you count active calories instead, lankies and biggies get the advantage...
Lies, damn lies and statistics.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I thought the excercise apps were calibrated individually, they know your stats, distance steps position and time.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204516
​​​​​​​
Dunno about androiders though...
Yup they do @woz. Hence steps are a crude measure that doesn’t reflect your actual energy expended. Heavier people also exert more effort/energy to move their mass compared to a smaller lighter person does over the same distance.

Said another way, short legged folk are stuck in low gear and clock up steps more quickly, but don’t burn more calories or travel any further.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'm outlawing shortist comments, on the grounds that I'm really 6'3" but everyone else suffers from astigmatism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bfyS-S-IJs

25 quid;51935:

Said another way, short legged folk are stuck in low gear....
Think the back’s on the mend
Mind you, might be a different story tomorrow

I’ve not worked out how to a squiggly map thingy like @25 quid

One step at a time! 😜
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Too spooky! I’ve just come on to put this on! That’s so spooky πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘

​​​​​​​First time in ages, and not easy in heat! Well done Marc πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
So our bevvy , 1000 extra steps and 1.7 miles less, now either marc was really strode it out or your kinda short ( duck mavis duck ). 🀣😘
Well done @Marc & @Bev! You put me in the shadows.
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Jon1;53602:
So our bevvy , 1000 extra steps and 1.7 miles less, now either marc was really strode it out or your kinda short ( duck mavis duck ). 🀣😘

I thought same our Jonny. Marc must just take bigger steps as I’m deffo not short at 5 10 πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Still excellent, our 25 notes, and that’s first I’ve managed that kinda number in ages, some days is less than 100 steps πŸ™€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, I’m not even lying πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Ž
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
5 10 same as me, so i think maybe marc took a bus for the last part of his walk.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Jon1;53620:
5 10 same as me, so i think maybe marc took a bus for the last part of his walk.

A bus? In Somerset? At this hour? πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I think I have an explanation for the discrepancy
https://youtu.be/BoIdEjdZIls?t=24

​​​​​​​
5'10? luxury....
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
D minus πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Must try harder! πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ€­

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
haha @Bev
​​​​​​​I do more than that when I'm sitting at the computer

is the pig's name quasar?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hee hee hee 🐽, just a random find on google, but yes, let’s call him Quasar for avatar purposes πŸ·πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Doing rubbish in the steps dept since lockdown started, must try hard now. I do them indoors but nowhere near what should be doing πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘Ž

Doing rubbish in the steps dept since lockdown started, must try hard now. I do them indoors but nowhere near what should be doing πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘Ž

Same here @BevΒ 

Glad to say that ye olde back is finally on the mend, but my phyio is not asking me to do any walking. He’s got me doing a lot of indoor stretches and exercises though! (Who knew getting up off a chair without using my arms could be so hardΒ :laughing: )

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great to hear, Marc πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, just take it real steady, backs are funny old things, don’t overdo it πŸ’ͺ

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Better πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Β 

Well done @BevΒ :grinning: