Walk 10,000 steps a day

Show first post

185 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Not at all, Nat. Every step helps πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‰
Just back from a ski week. First day was awesome with loads of fresh powder to play in. I more than tripled my usual active calorie burn.

what a day...
πŸ˜Šβ›·
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Sounds all great 25 squids including those fine refreshing ales!
Think Woz is currently transferring his steps log onto his spread sheet with circular formulas for walking around pOst boxes.
I've done loads of stomping today running up and down stairs, cos its house work day hooray!
Must get back on my bike...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Fantastic, 25 notes πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘β›·
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

​​​​​​​Certainly helps to motivate, when the weathers as good as it has been the last two days πŸ™€β„οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸƒ*β™€οΈπŸ§£πŸ§€πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
​​​​​​​
Brilliant stuff @Bev @25 quid
I've spent the last four days pushing baguettes into my face. And not moving much at all.
Gotta get back on it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
LOL LOL LOL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Ž

Bev;48476:
LOL LOL LOL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Ž

Don't worry @Bev because I have new news.
Apparently this 10k steps a day lark is a load of cobblers (also, I seem to be turning into my dad).
Anyway it came from a marketing campaign in Japan, some time in the 1950s or so, to get people more enthused about an upcoming sporting event.
More recently the scientists reckon we should ditch the 10k steps a day target, and instead go for a few minutes of really fast walking. Aim for 10 minutes walking as fast as possible (think waddling duck) and do that two or three times a day.
​​​​​​​Simples!
Absolutely @Marc, interval training works wonders. Even running up stairs is useful exercise. Checking your recovery rate is a good indication of cardiovascular health. I recently walked quickly up the local hill and then sat looking at the views for a couple of minutes.
​​​​​​​
Marc;48523:

More recently the scientists reckon we should ditch the 10k steps a day target, and instead go for a few minutes of really fast walking. Aim for 10 minutes walking as fast as possible (think waddling duck) and do that two or three times a day.
​​​​​​​Simples!

Got itπŸ‘πŸ˜
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yeah if I don’t go out walking, I do like to run indoors, up and down the hallway no lie πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚but ut works as fast speeds, then break, fast speeds again, then break. Gets the steps up and more importantly the heart rate, but yes well well well aware of goalposts constantly being changed. Like everything, it’s best to listen to your OWN body, and do whatever works for you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Bev;48562:
Like everything, it’s best to listen to your OWN body, and do whatever works for you πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Well said @Bev well said.
Very wise is our Beverley πŸ˜‰
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Seriously LOL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We need some new sneakers / boots / shoes on this thread! Get posting people! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘’πŸ‘žπŸ‘ŸπŸ‘ πŸƒ*β™‚οΈπŸƒ*♀️, join in the fun!
So far I'm averaging around 8,500 steps a day, so definitely not reaching 10k, but I'm OK with that 😁

Maybe as it gets warmer outside that average will start increasing...
First time in about six weeks or so that I've walked 10k steps, thanks to Covid-19 lockdown and a v poorly back.

It's funny that I used to take it v much for granted, not so long ago.

Feels good to be moving. And in the sunshine 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
glad you're improving..Happy Easter
Marc;51880:

Feels good to be moving. And in the sunshine 😎
Good work @Marc!
​​​​​​​At times today I felt like I was going round in circles...
woz;51882:
glad you're improving..Happy Easter

And Happy Easter to you too! @woz πŸ˜„
25 quid;51883:
Good work @Marc!
​​​​​​​At times today I felt like I was going round in circles...

That's a great opportunity to make some art @25 quid
Just keep it clean πŸ˜‰
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Real good, Marc, and great the back pain is allowing you to do it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just curious, are the different shades of colour an indication of how socially distant you were being?
also it does seem a long way round of getting to the house across the road.
​​​​​​​Glad the back pain is well enough for you to be able to make it.