Thread Alerts

I used get an email when somebody replied to something I had posted or posted in a thread I had been involved with. They don’t come now, and have not for about 7 days or so. Has something changed?

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Richard @G4RHL 

Mine are arriving ok. There was a thread a while back about changing the settings for this, but that's all I can remember. I thought I'd make an early pitch for the least helpful answer... Sorry

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, if you click on your avatar in top RH corner, Richard, then Profile settings, then click Settings, it’ll bring lots of yes no options up, including thread following 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, if you click on your avatar in top RH corner, Richard, then Profile settings, then click Settings, it’ll bring lots of yes no options up, including thread following 👍

So thoughtful! So helpful!! Such good memory!!! I am in awe...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hee hee bless you Stephen, not at all hee 👍😁🙃😉

Badge +2

Thanks Bev 🍑

Everyday is a school day.

Now to wonder whether to display my reputation or not 🤭.  Decisions decisions 😂  Ya Bugger 😊😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hee hee hee, LOL Jo, don’t even realise how much I say it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣and type as I speak. 

Hey great you’ve found your settings tho 👍👍👍👍👍👍

I have checked and all are set for me to receive alerts as I thought they were as had not changed anything but they are not arriving. Your response for example I only saw because I logged in and scrolled around the site,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

At least you’ve checked, assumed you would, Rich 👍. Strange then why it’s suddenly stopped alerting 🤔🤔🤔

One day we’ll see the return of in-community notifications! 

Vote now! 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think EVERYONE loved the ease of those on the old platty, indeed our Notes 👍👍👏👏👏👏

Nothing has changed. Still getting no alerts despite my settings set to receive them. Must be a deliberate ploy from big brother.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nothing has changed. Still getting no alerts despite my settings set to receive them. Must be a deliberate ploy from big brother.

Hi @G4RHL 

My big brother's the same... He would teach me games when we were kids, and if I learned well enough to be able to beat him, he'd stop playing that game from then on... But I'd never guessed he's the reason my laptop broke and the bulbs in our living room light fitting keep failing... You've opened my eyes

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hee hee hee

@Bev and @stephenrand i was not alerted to the fact you had replied. Not only that I had to login but I had not logged out nor used a VPN. Perhaps I am becoming a persona non grata?!!! Should I, dare I, ask the Wattbottom for help? A difficult route to take. But then I would not know if help had been given! I think I will leave Wattbottom alone for it will force me to drink in desperation. Although I normally don’t need to be despairing to resort to the odd noggin or two. It will soon be 5 o’clock!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hee hee hee re the wattbottom, that always makes me larf. I reckon it’d be something Marc could sort, Rich, but I may be wrong. Either way, I bet you’d get no answer from Bottom til Tuesday anyway, so prob worth waiting,  you can still have your drinkyooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🥃🥃🥃🍾

Anyway it’s fun keep checking the WIWA list, rather than only coming on when you’ve been notified, surely? 🤷‍♀️😁👍

Hee hee hee re the wattbottom, that always makes me larf. I reckon it’d be something Marc could sort, Rich, but I may be wrong. Either way, I bet you’d get no answer from Bottom til Tuesday anyway, so prob worth waiting,  you can still have your drinkyooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🥃🥃🥃🍾

Anyway it’s fun keep checking the WIWA list, rather than only coming on when you’ve been notified, surely? 🤷‍♀️😁👍

I think the first time I used Wattbottom it was about a week before I found out they had replied. I had not idea they had but I happened to open the app to check on reading records. A G&T is far better for you than using Wattbottom. It calms you down and pacifies the ever intensifying frustration. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

One day we’ll see the return of in-community notifications! 

Vote now! 😉 

If only @25 quid .............

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It all seems to be a bit random @G4RHL 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Something has changed because I’ve been getting ridiculously long email chains of consolidated alerts at the end of the week. I tried coping with them at first but as they are often xx  or more emails long (where xx is a number too big to cope with) I’ve now decided to ignore them or a very quick flick through.I just can’t click on everything it would take too long.

Maybe I’ve been getting them for years and only just noticed?

The upshot of that is the potential situation that some posts may be overlooked...

Wattbottom! 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's catching... I've had no alerts today…

That's rock bottom, Wattbottom...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It’s good tho now,  as means it’s not just Rich, and will be looked into 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hmmm...I wonder if some tweak has been done at PP’s end to reduce the number of separate email instances and they are now sent out in batches?

just a meandering thought...based on ignorance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The mystery deepens... @Bev I was alerted to your post, but no alert for the one from the faceless one @woz that came later...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The mystery deepens... @Bev I was alerted to your post, but no alert for the one from the faceless one @woz that came later...

LOL, I’ll interpret that attribution as non-denunciatory, even though I’m not sure… (I had to look up those words)