THINGS TO DO DURING THE SHUTDOWN

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Peeps,

Hope I'm not repeating a thread here but thought we could all share hints, tips, online activities and general fun stuff that folks can do or take part in during the lockdown.

Here are a couple of links that were shared with me recently.

https://chatterpack.net/blogs/blog/list-of-online-resources-for-anyone-who-is-isolated-at-home
https://explore.org

Nanny

84 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
NannyOgg;50713:
Hi Peeps,

Hope I'm not repeating a thread here but thought we could all share hints, tips, online activities and general fun stuff that folks can do or take part in during the lockdown.

Here are a couple of links that were shared with me recently.

https://chatterpack.net/blogs/blog/list-of-online-resources-for-anyone-who-is-isolated-at-home
https://explore.org

Nanny

Nice touch NannyOgg
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe0SiKJuI4RP4Xgsc5VWE4A

This is a youtube link. Our year 3 teacher is doing a 10 minute excercise each mornign and also every evenign at 6, a different teacher will read a chapter of David Walliams' Bad Dad.
Great idea @NannyOgg 😁 would be interested to hear the different ways people are keeping themselves entertained!

We have loads of board games lined up ready for a games tournament on the weekend.

I've also hunted down all my old piano songbooks ready to dust off the keys now I have some extra time on my hands 🎹

It's a great time to pick up any instruments you've had lying round the house and take the time to practice them πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ive been doing simple indoor exercises, running round the flat πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, few squats etc. Less cookery as less fresh foods, but adapting meals with provisions I have in πŸ‘. Also time for lots of pampering πŸ’…πŸ§–β€β™€οΈ, even considering chopping my hair but only got Jamie Oliver kitchen scissors πŸ’‡β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Brill Bev, careful with the scissors, don’t want to make a big mistake, or are you skilful in this department?
For me, I am continuing my cycling routine and have just started Home Yoga πŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Similar...cycling, stretching with some yoga and dumb bells but not heavy. Plus got out an old trampette for a few mins of simulated jogging.
Everyday on Radio London just after 16:00 there doing a 5 mins mindfulness meditation with Claire Connolly.
House work day today...ironing tomorrow - I'm the House ho

Bev - I've got some spare clippers....
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Strutt G;50844:
Similar...cycling, stretching with some yoga and dumb bells but not heavy. Plus got out an old trampette for a few mins of simulated jogging.
Everyday on Radio London just after 16:00 there doing a 5 mins mindfulness meditation with Claire Connolly.
House work day to day...ironing tomorrow - I'm the House ho

Bev - I've got some spare clippers....

Fantastic Strutt G, I’ll have to up my game then πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
David j;50845:
Fantastic Strutt G, I’ll have to up my game then πŸ‘πŸ‘

Sounds Good David but I've only just stirred into action.....so don't be too impressed.
Just got over a strained calf muscle that went pop dancing...right nause...gently as it goes..love the cycling and low impact is the best.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
One thing I am considering for the rest of the shut down ... doubling up on my meds!!! I've alwasy had a great respect for teachers as a few of my friends teach. seriously though, I don't know how teachers do it, I really don't. Never did I think the word MUUUUUUMMM!! would ellicit such terror and anxiety. I'm off to my jittering chair with a very large hot chocolate and a crime documentary, just to calm my nerves ... and give me a few tips and ideas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Strutt G;50847:
Sounds Good David but I've only just stirred into action.....so don't be too impressed.
Just got over a strained calf muscle that went pop dancing...right nause...gently as it goes..love the cycling and low impact is the best.

Easy as it goes Tiger!
​​​​​​​I agree, I have a dodgy right knee, historical rugby injury, that has recently come back to haunt me so cycling is superb. We have a lot of hills in South Wales 😬🚴
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yeah agree, gentle is the key, very low impact. Both my shoulders agony, with torn tendons , and scans and first lot of steroid injections all cancelled so just doing what I can with what I have. Difficult but guess it’s just about doing best we can in such a bizarre, unheard of, situation πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‹οΈβ€β™€οΈπŸš΄β€β™‚οΈπŸ™†β€β™€οΈπŸ™…β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘

Hee hee, no deffo deffo no experience in the ole haircutting πŸ’‡β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, but seriously tempted! Can just keep hat on for any essential trips out πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. DEFFO considering it, eeeek!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Chester Zoo are hosting an all day tour today peeps
My dad used to be a rugby player. My partner is currently a rugby player.

We're all in lockdown together - my dad's just found an old rugby ball in the garage.

It's going to be an iiinteresting weekend! 🀣

Bev;50860:

Hee hee, no deffo deffo no experience in the ole haircutting πŸ’‡β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, but seriously tempted! Can just keep hat on for any essential trips out πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. DEFFO considering it, eeeek!

Ha, good luck if you do this!

Have you seen all the amazing photos of people trying to do their own haircuts?πŸ˜‚ They haven't necessarily gone well...

​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Indeed Nat πŸ’‡β€β™€οΈπŸ‘ŽπŸ˜‚, so decided I best not πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Yep, steady with those scissors @Bev.

We've decorated our hall. New doors, skirting boards and door frames were done before the lockdown. We did the wallpaper this week. Very pleased with the results.

​​​​​​​Feel a bit guilty now I hear you've all been so active. πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Ύβ€β™‚οΈβ›ΉοΈβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Not at all Scuba, decorating is physical work πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Well done Scubaseahorse, putting some of us to shame. πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Nataly;50883:
My dad used to be a rugby player. My partner is currently a rugby player.

We're all in lockdown together - my dad's just found an old rugby ball in the garage.

It's going to be an iiinteresting weekend! 🀣

Now I know where your rugby passion came from. Just out of interest, what team did your dad play for? πŸ‰πŸ‰
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Making myself LOL, cos to spice the hall runs up a tad, I’ve introduced a little obstacle course to the equation πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, I have to run round the clothes airer three times, then jump over the Selkbag which is in a mound further along the lounge, then over the recycling bag 😁, then lift each leg up straight onto the bedroom window sill, then back again πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜…!

​​​​​​​Lockdown evening exercise, all good fun πŸ™ƒπŸ€ͺ, simple things LOL πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ
David j;50970:
Now I know where your rugby passion came from. Just out of interest, what team did your dad play for? πŸ‰πŸ‰

Ah I should've said he didn't play professionally! But he earned a blue for Cambridge, and went on to play for Macclesfield, Sale and then on to local Bristol teams πŸ™‚ so yes, rugby was inescapable really! 🀣
Bev;50987:
Making myself LOL, cos to spice the hall runs up a tad, I’ve introduced a little obstacle course to the equation πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, I have to run round the clothes airer three times, then jump over the Selkbag which is in a mound further along the lounge, then over the recycling bag 😁, then lift each leg up straight onto the bedroom window sill, then back again πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜…!

​​​​​​​Lockdown evening exercise, all good fun πŸ™ƒπŸ€ͺ, simple things LOL πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ

I love this @Bev! 😁 I'm envisioning this... πŸ˜‰

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLxvytR4yI
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ha ha - you first!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I can do the β€œchandelier β€œ thing, (in my dreams) πŸ˜‚πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
Has anyone else turned to doing a massive jigsaw puzzle to pass the time?

This one is 1000 pieces πŸ˜…