The Community Coffee Shop

Hi everyone πŸ™‚

Come on in... grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy, and have a chat β˜•οΈ

Just a place to share our thoughts, what we've been up to, or whatever takes your fancy (no matter how random it may be)!

I'll be having a latte and a slice of carrot cake 😁

101 replies

Well hello fellow caffeine addicts.

I'll have a black coffee please, no cake, I have to do something about my expanding waistline.

Not much new in rural Wales, the 'highlight' of my week was dropping a pair of secateurs on my foot, and leaving a trail of bloody footprints all over the house Saturday night.
I spent Sunday and Yesterday in bed with my foot bandaged and raised. Today, as Heidi managed to book a slot at the recycling centre, I've got to try my foot out and see how it goes.

Oh what an interesting life I lead.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Got up did the full exercise routine.
Popped to canary wharf to get some bits for a barbecue.
Friend of mine is popping round tonight with his son before they head back to Bordeaux.
Got a take out soya cap from Prets with a free bag of crisps (not eaten) and had that with an almond croissant from waitrose.
My partner has thrown herself into gardening during lockdown and the loss of her mother and both the front and back look great.
Sorry veyguns chick and fish marinading in the fridge.
Put some tunes on and the dam amps flitting about - now looking for a repair person.
Breaking my Mon - Fri no alcohol discipline (maybe some champs) supported by some non alcoholic Brooklyn lager which is surprisingly good.
Sorry Ale drinkers.

Front garden, spot the sweetcorn x 4

Have a Cool Scorcher Y'all
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Gwyndy;56735:

I'll have a black coffee please, no cake, I have to do something about my expanding waistline.

Not much new in rural Wales, the 'highlight' of my week was dropping a pair of secateurs on my foot, and leaving a trail of bloody footprints all over the house Saturday night.
I spent Sunday and Yesterday in bed with my foot bandaged and raised. Today, as Heidi managed to book a slot at the recycling centre, I've got to try my foot out and see how it goes.

Thinking about your foot, lets crowd source it better....better...better....anyway...lets it wish it better sooooon!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I wouldn't recommend recycling your foot, you might need it in the future.
(I hope it's OK!)
Gwyndy;56735:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Strutty
​​​​​​​I like the "Popped to Canary Wharf" comment...
is it far from you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Fab thread, Nat πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ°β˜•οΈ

Decaff black for me please, no cake πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

Enjoyed the red hot β˜€οΈall morning, fed birds then walked to Morrison’s this aft. It was soooooooo hot, got bit burnt.

Watched the final daily briefing then just enjoyed vegan plant burger in a bap, with 🍟and πŸ₯—.

Taken three πŸšΏπŸšΏπŸšΏπŸ˜…. Now watching Week on the Farm, on channel 5 πŸ„πŸ–πŸ‘πŸ¦ŒπŸ¦†πŸ”πŸ·

Simple things, but it is lockdown after all.

Nice little thread Nat πŸ‘, nice cuppa that was πŸ‘β˜•οΈ. Thanks πŸ™ƒ
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nice one @Nataly, I'll have a cappuccino and coffee cake if you are buying πŸ˜β˜•οΈπŸ°

Worked from home 8.30 til 1pm, finished a bit early today.

Then we went for a socially distanced visit to our daughter, her hubby and two grandchildren. Son-in-law went to the local pub and got a takeaway meal which we had pre ordered and we all sat in the garden in the sunshine. It was lovely. Only the second time we've seen them since the beginning of March.

Came back home and took part in a virtual murder trial as jury members, it's a 7 part series that you sign up to. It was something different to do.

​​​​​​​Hope you've all had a good day, time for sleep now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Strutt G;56745:
Got up did the full exercise routine.
Popped to canary wharf to get some bits for a barbecue.
Friend of mine is popping round tonight with his son before they head back to Bordeaux.
Got a take out soya cap from Prets with a free bag of crisps (not eaten) and had that with an almond croissant from waitrose.
My partner has thrown herself into gardening during lockdown and the loss of her mother and both the front and back look great.
Put some tunes on and the dam amps flitting about - now looking for a repair person.
Breaking my Mon - Fri no alcohol discipline (maybe some champs) supported by some non alcoholic Brooklyn lager which is surprisingly good.
Sorry Ale drinkers.

Front garden, spot the sweetcorn x 44395

Have a Cool Scorcher Y'all

Glad to see you're still living the high life down there!! I can't see the four tins of sweetcorn anywhere...

​​​​​​​Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
@Nataly I'll keep my head down today feeling a bit weary, so ignore me in the corner @woz 15 - 20 mins in the Jallopy outside pre lockdown rush hour @stephenrand think the Frey bentos is in the way

Cool scourchiO
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Cheers everyone, so Nataly is moonlighting as a Barista β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘. However for me, it’s going to be a quick Long Black as we’re still cleaning up from a flood last Thursday 😬. Water came from a direction we’ve never seen before so that’s being investigated- we’re fine, all healthy and a lot worse things could happen. It’s just a big big disruption & headache when you can’t source equipment/tradesmen etc due to Covid.
Anyway, Cheers fellow coffee lovers β˜•οΈπŸ₯°

PS - Does anyone know what the % moisture reading should be for oak flooring & screed flooring? I’ve read that normally wood should read 9-11% (I have purchased a damp meter to monitor the drying process). πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
David j;56772:
Cheers everyone, so Nataly is moonlighting as a Barista β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘. However for me, it’s going to be a quick Long Black as we’re still cleaning up from a flood last Thursday 😬. Water came from a direction we’ve never seen before so that’s being investigated- we’re fine, all healthy and a lot worse things could happen. It’s just a big big disruption & headache when you can’t source equipment/tradesmen etc due to Covid.

PS - Does anyone know what the % moisture reading should be for oak flooring & screed flooring? I’ve read that normally wood should read 9-11% (I have purchased a damp meter to monitor the drying process). πŸ‘πŸ‘

Oh no David, sorry to hear that and impressed by your its just...hope you get things up and running without any added hassle.
I'll drink my coffee etc to that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Strutt G;56773:
Oh no David, sorry to hear that and impressed by your its just...hope you get things up and running without any added hassle.
I'll drink my coffee etc to that.

​​​​​​​Thank you Strutty, virtual support very welcome πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Strutt G;56745:

Is it just me or does chick and fish sound like a disco duo from the 70s πŸ˜‚

Hope the BBQ was good @Strutt G and sounds worth breaking the Mon-Fri alcohol rule for! We've been doing the same for the last few months now - it is trickier to avoid a cold one when the sun is shining so brightly though 😁

@Scubaseahorse I haven't heard of a virtual murder trial before, definitely sounds interesting. I hope it was good fun if there's 6 more parts to go!
@David j I'm so sorry to hear about the flooding, that sounds very tricky especially at the moment like you said. I hope not too much was damaged?
Seems crazy when we're in the middle of a heatwave too.

I'm not sure about the % moisture reading, hopefully the hot weather at the moment will help speed up the process though. 🀞

Today's coffee (currently being drunk!) is for @Gwyndy's foot and for @David j's home! πŸ™Œ

Meanwhile over here, the cat has managed to chase down a bumblebee in the kitchen, which my dad is now trying to nurse back to health with some sugar water... 🀦
David j;56772:
Water came from a direction we’ve never seen before so that’s being investigated- we’re fine, all healthy and a lot worse things could happen. It’s just a big big disruption & headache when you can’t source equipment/tradesmen etc due to Covid.

Ouch, sorry to hear that David - hope there's no major damage.

Today's installment in 'the wonderful world of Mark' - Bluebell, little darling that he is, decided he needed to 'impress' mommy and daddy, and brought us a vole - on the bright side, so far he's not decided to repeat the time he came in with a live magpie.
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hold the door for me someone, just coming in with my own food! You don’t mind do you? I WILL order a spinach smoothie tho please, absolute scorcher today! πŸ˜…β˜€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

SOOOOOOOO sad to read of your flood our Dai 😣, very stressful is water and any leaks. Nightmare at a time like this too, but loving your positive spin, hope it gets sorted swiftly Dai πŸ‘

Ouch Gwndy πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘£, Bet you felt that bugger! Hope it heals fast for you.

Oh Nat! I do your dads water sugar trick sooooo often with 🐝🐝🐝and wasps! Sooooo hope it worked! Saved two moths this week too, as both flew into the bird water bowl and close to drowning. Here’s yesterday’s. Right as rain today.

And I know you’re all looking at my lunch as I find my table πŸ˜‚, I’ll squat between you and Gwnd if that’s ok Dai, I’m calling it Bevs Pub Lunch vegan Platter......,

​​​​​​​Go on then, help yourself to a chip all! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸŸ
Bev;56787:

​​​​​​​Go on then, help yourself to a chip all! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸŸ

I can't, I'm gluten free 😞
@Bev strikes again with another fantastic looking meal 😍

If the cafe served up goods like that I'd be there every day!

Hope everyone isn't melting too much in the sun today 🌞
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
David j;56772:

Sorry to hear of your woze
There are a huge range of figures quoted for Oak anywhere from 5-8% up to 20%!
I think it will be reasonably obvious if it’s drying but doesn’t the measurement depend on the RH?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Are chips gluten free as long as they are fried in gluten free oil and not fried along with anything else?
Gwyndy;56793:
I can't, I'm gluten free :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
woz;56807:
Sorry to hear of your woze
There are a huge range of figures quoted for Oak anywhere from 5-8% up to 20%!
I think it will be reasonably obvious if it’s drying but doesn’t the measurement depend on the RH?

Hi woz, like your humour βœ”οΈβœ”οΈ - humidity is a factor and drying out the oak to quickly is a danger so we are proceeding quietly. The warm weather is helping the natural drying process and I am watching the oak flooring movement carefully. Thankfully, the electrics were untouched so a big plus. Thanks for the %’s. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Time for a late coffee πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi David

interestingly when I first replied I wrote that it should be dried slowly to avoid differential humidity and thus warpage, then I read somewhere that drying as fast as possible was preferential, so at that point I decided to delete my reply as I have no idea what's correct.
I found THIS though.
good luck, heavy rain expected at end of week?

David j;56819:
Hi woz, like your humour βœ”οΈβœ”οΈ - humidity is a factor and drying out the oak to quickly is a danger so we are proceeding quietly. The warm weather is helping the natural drying process and I am watching the oak flooring movement carefully. Thankfully, the electrics were untouched so a big plus. Thanks for the %’s. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Time for a late coffee πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Just doing this little bad boy. Gorge and refreshing as real cold on the face mmmmmmm

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Bev
once you have it on we must have a photo...
and what the is Hyaluronic acid?

So meester Bond, you haf discovered our secret plan to pollute zee rivers with Hyaluronic acid vich vill cause all off zee vildlife to perish and men vill grow breasts hhahahaha (manic laugh and stops to stroke pussy), but you vont live to tell zee tale (switches on laser and chainsaw)...
I'm off out now to cool down.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
You’ve gotta be kidding Wozeeta, I looked like a cat burglar πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, lovely and refreshing tho πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘