STRICTLY Come Dancing 2020!!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9850 replies

As the first of the live shows starts tonight, this is where you can discuss absolutely anything you like about Strictly ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

Feel free to choose your favourite couple, funniest Claudia moment ๐Ÿ˜‚,or post pics of your favourite costume ๐ŸŽฝ,or dance ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•. Anything you like.

104 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just heard the news regarding Nicola & Katya, such a shame and a big loss to the program.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nicola has so much enthusiasm -ย she must be really gutted. Hope Katya gets well soon and shame theres noway around this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Alijaz is always my favourite, year on year ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

This year paired with Clara Amfo of Radio 1

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I miss Bruno already!

Claudia is always funny,ย  bless her. ๐Ÿคฃ

I Wish Tess would pack it in and when Anton retires, he takes her place.

Claudia and Anton would be a hoot!

Badge +2

๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’Love Strictly ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐ŸŽ‰

Claudia.... Hilariousย 

House band and singers amazing ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽค

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Everybody set for tonight?! ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ! Boris briefing to the nation first, at 1700hrs with the Whitty and Vallance! Lockdown looming ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Then get ya dancing ๐Ÿ‘ฃready, and enjoy another hopefully fab show! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ

Bill will sooooooooooooo be getting my vote ๐Ÿ—ณif heโ€™s anywhere near as entertaining as he was last week! Priceless! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ•บ

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Soooo pleased forย Bill.....did it for all us oldies! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Brilliant show, great win for Bill & I feel for HRVY and Maisie ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿผ

Little bit excited re the results, but wondering if thereโ€™ll even be a show next Saturday now? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Highly unlikely, surely? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธโ˜น๏ธ

Arenโ€™t they supposed to be in some form of isolation anyway?

ย 

I thought Anton did a fairly good job of being โ€˜not Craig.โ€™

I wondered whether heโ€™d struggle with being expected to side with the dancers, or side with the judges, but I thought his comments were on the whole, well balanced, with the added insight of knowing what its likeย โ€˜the other side of the table.โ€™

Iโ€™d definitely prefer Anton (or another professional dancer) to a guest fill in like Donny Osmond or Alfonso Riberio.

I voted Clara and Jamie, as theyโ€™d improved so much this week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Another wonderful show.

Claudia is soooo funny. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Bill amazing,ย  so entertaining. ๐Ÿคฉ

Everyone brilliant,ย  can't bear that someone has toย go.ย 

ย 

I agree Lucky JO, I love the โ€œteam spiritโ€ it generates and everyone supports each other. No nastiness or duplicity, refreshing. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ

So long as they donโ€™t keep repeating why they are separate and the fact they have been isolated. Once is enough. We got it the first time last Saturday. No more. We know! Plus I am sure Claudia and tother lady (Iโ€™ve forgotten her name!) don't need to be distanced. I bet they are not back stage.

Thought the opening show last Saturday was well handled - apart from the repetitive telling us they are being compliant!

Perhaps Marc and Nataly should be selected for it? The PPs!. Or โ€œPure and Planetโ€. Not sure who would be which!

Badge +2

@Bevย @Angelabikerbabeย  hooray Anton is a judge ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Now this is going toย be a great show ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ™Œ ๐Ÿ‘Œย 

Has someone replaced Craig with a doppelgรคnger?

He appeared to be positively generous.

It was good. There is some potential there and not all from expected sources. The scores seemed high for the first night. Particularly Craigโ€™s!

I have remembered her name now, Tess!, She is OK but not wonderful. And at least weย did not have Covid andย distancing thrust down our throats at every opportunity. Good wholesome (nearly!) entertainment and nice to have something decent to watch and to lift our spirits. Yes Dave Arch and his group always perform very well.

I am troubled as to whether Motsi has strong shoulder muscles. Dare I say it in this forum, she has more than a handful to cope with.
ย 

Quote from Dawnย French:

โ€œLarge bosoms are a playground and not just a preventative for fast running.โ€

ย 

I guess ย Iโ€™ll get censored!

The final was amazing wasnโ€™t it! It really was emotional throughout - I almost teared up once or twiceย :wink:

Couldnโ€™t believe when Bill won, absolutely incredible - what a fantastic story!! And for Oti too!ย 

HRVYโ€™s dances were my favourite personally but wouldโ€™ve been happy for any of them to win.ย 

I also really enjoyed Craigโ€™s resolution to be positive (given the news just before the show went live)!

Badge +2

Another wonderful show.

Claudia is soooo funny. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Bill amazing,ย  so entertaining. ๐Ÿคฉ

Everyone brilliant,ย  can't bear that someone has toย go.ย 

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Very early days yet, but Iโ€™m gonna stick my neck out and say Janette and HRVY.ย 

Just tuning into the first It Takes Two, with Zoe and Rylan ๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Phew, it certainly didnโ€™t disappoint! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘

Just awesome viewing! Thought HRVY was superb, the Charleston was just soooo perfect! Would soooooooooooo love Janette to get to her first final!ย 

Bill was terrific, as always ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘!ย 

Cried at Maisieโ€™s second dance. Dress stunning! Music stunning! Such an outstanding performance! All round excellence! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Altho Gio is the king of jive, it sooooooo wasnโ€™t Ranvirs dance, sadly. Had high high hopes but got a feeling she may be in the dreaded Dance Off this week!ย 

Be sad to see anyone go now, but fear Ranvir and Jamie may be fighting for that place in next weeks final.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

We agree with that assessment, Jamie & Ranvir are looking vulnerable unfortunately. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿผ. Weย will see later.

Phew, it certainly didnโ€™t disappoint! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ‘

Just awesome viewing! Thought HRVY was superb, the Charleston was just soooo perfect! Would soooooooooooo love Janette to get to her first final!ย 

Bill was terrific, as always ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘!ย 

Cried at Maisieโ€™s second dance. Dress stunning! Music stunning! Such an outstanding performance! All round excellence! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Altho Gio is the king of jive, it sooooooo wasnโ€™t Ranvirs dance, sadly. Had high high hopes but got a feeling she may be in the dreaded Dance Off this week!ย 

Be sad to see anyone go now, but fear Ranvir and Jamie may be fighting for that place in next weeks final.ย 

That was pretty much our assessment last night.
If thereโ€™s any justice HRVY and Maisie should definitely be through, whether Bill, Jamie, or Ranvir get the dreaded boot is anyoneโ€™s guess, and as weโ€™re down to 5 couples, the audience vote could put any two of the 5 in the dance-off, thereโ€™s no guarantee that it will be 2 of the bottom three.

As to who should go through, I honestly donโ€™t mind:
Billโ€™s such a character,ย that was a very, very, brave, possibly foolhardy, musical choice - Iโ€™m hoping they now do something to โ€˜One.โ€™
Jamieโ€™s improved so much since he started (honestly week 1&2, I thought he deserved the boot).
Ranvirโ€™s usually so good, just had a bad week.

I guess weโ€™ll find out in a few hours, unless youโ€™ve looked it up.

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

HRVY, Iโ€™d like to see win, Maisie & Bill will push him all the way. Great for the younger generation to see a dance winnerย so,ย ย itโ€™s up to the public now. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Get your dancing ๐Ÿ‘ฃready! That weekโ€™sย gone fast! Excited!

I am ready to go @Bevย ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿผ
I watched an old Danny Mac & Oti dance the Samba to โ€œMagalenhaโ€ ย by Sergio Mendes, amazing spectacle. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ready! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Wowsa! What a show !!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Couldnโ€™t take my eyes off Alijaz! What a jive! Felt for Clara bless as few too many mistakes, such a shame.

Wowsa re HRVY OMG ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€, absolutely awesome!ย 

Loved Bills jive! Fast! Love that Blondie track!

Thought Ranvir looked gorge bless, loved that routine.ย 

My votes deffo go to HRVY this week ๐Ÿ—ณ๐Ÿ—ณ๐Ÿ—ณ

Claude bleeding hilarious โ€œI quite miss Ceefaxโ€ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

btw no way can Maisie be in the Dance Off. Way way way too brilliant ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
ย