STRICTLY Come Dancing 2020!!!!!!!!!!!

• 24 October 2020
  • 73 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 4600 replies

As the first of the live shows starts tonight, this is where you can discuss absolutely anything you like about Strictly πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ‘.Β 

Feel free to choose your favourite couple, funniest Claudia moment πŸ˜‚,or post pics of your favourite costume 🎽,or dance πŸ‘πŸ’•. Anything you like.

73 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Alijaz is always my favourite, year on year πŸ•ΊπŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘

This year paired with Clara Amfo of Radio 1

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Loooovvve Strictly! Can't wait. πŸ’ƒπŸ•Ί

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Bless you Ange. I know it won’t quite be the same this year, but at leastΒ we have something πŸ‘, and I’m sure Claude will be her usual, hilarious self πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

So long as they don’t keep repeating why they are separate and the fact they have been isolated. Once is enough. We got it the first time last Saturday. No more. We know! Plus I am sure Claudia and tother lady (I’ve forgotten her name!) don't need to be distanced. I bet they are not back stage.

Thought the opening show last Saturday was well handled - apart from the repetitive telling us they are being compliant!

Perhaps Marc and Nataly should be selected for it? The PPs!. Or β€œPure and Planet”. Not sure who would be which!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I miss Bruno already!

Claudia is always funny,  bless her. 🀣

I Wish Tess would pack it in and when Anton retires, he takes her place.

Claudia and Anton would be a hoot!

Badge +1

πŸ’–πŸ’Love Strictly πŸ’₯πŸ’…πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸŽ‰

Claudia.... HilariousΒ 

House band and singers amazing 🎸🎢🎀

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great night,Β  some brilliant dances. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ•Ί

Β 

I'm so disappointed that Halloween week is not happening....and halloween is actually on Saturday too.!

Halloween was my favourite week. 😑

Has someone replaced Craig with a doppelgΓ€nger?

He appeared to be positively generous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Has someone replaced Craig with a doppelgΓ€nger?

He appeared to be positively generous.

Yes, we thought that too @GwyndyΒ 

He was scoring way above normal and was nice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great post @BevΒ  we love Strictly

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ah loving all the Strictly talk πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I thought same last week Richard,Β re the repetition re why distancing etc, but much better this week πŸ‘. ADORE Claude too Ange, but Tess never gets any better. Way too unnatural, but she does try. Have to say tho, I didn’t miss Bruno one bit πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, his littleΒ recorded bit wasΒ enough.Β 

Oh indeed, Dave Arch and his band, Lucky Jo, πŸŽΊπŸŽ·πŸŽΊπŸŽΉπŸŽ€πŸ‘πŸ‘.Β 

Maybe Craigs been told to try be bit more positive this year, Gwynd and Scuba πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ, who knows πŸ‘πŸ˜‚, and without the studio audience there, apart from the small invited NHS frontline workers this week πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒˆ, his comments maybe wouldn’t work so well without the boos and laughter. Thought it worked well with just the three judges tho πŸ‘.Β 

So my favourite has already moved from Alijaz, to Janette and Harvey (HRVYπŸ™„) - their jive to end the show was just amazing! πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, BUT BUT BUT for the entertainment value alone, it soooooooooooooooooooo has to go to Bill Bailey πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

One last thing, two words, Caroline Quinton! πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž! Think she may be first to go. Teeny weeny bit weird!Β 

Great first show tho, thoroughly enjoyed it!

PS Kevin Clifton was on the Celebrity Cube after, with Stacey Dooley. Soooooooooooo good πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

So my favourite has already moved from Alijaz, to Janette and Harvey (HRVYπŸ™„) - their jive to end the show was just amazing! πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, BUT BUT BUT for the entertainment value alone, it soooooooooooooooooooo has to go to Bill Bailey πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Β 

I missed both of those dances, Strictly runs over the start of Scandi Noir on BBC4.

Unfortunately, sometimes sacrifices have to be made.Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It was good. There is some potential there and not all from expected sources. The scores seemed high for the first night. Particularly Craig’s!

I have remembered her name now, Tess!, She is OK but not wonderful. And at least weΒ did not have Covid andΒ distancing thrust down our throats at every opportunity. Good wholesome (nearly!) entertainment and nice to have something decent to watch and to lift our spirits. Yes Dave Arch and his group always perform very well.

I am troubled as to whether Motsi has strong shoulder muscles. Dare I say it in this forum, she has more than a handful to cope with.
Β 

Quote from DawnΒ French:

β€œLarge bosoms are a playground and not just a preventative for fast running.”

Β 

I guess Β I’ll get censored!

Fantastic thread @Bev!:grin:

We definitely enjoyed a bit of uplifting Strictly this weekend, it’s just what we all needed I think!Β 

Happy to read you all thought Craig was a lot nicer too, we were saying the same thing. I quite enjoyed the new, nicer, version thoughΒ :blush: Β 

Couldn’t believe the quality of some of the dances - my fav absolutely has to be Bill Bailey too @BevΒ he was loving it!Β 

As always the music and costume quality was very impressiveΒ :thumbsup:

Who do you all think is already looking like they’re in it to win it?Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Very early days yet, but I’m gonna stick my neck out and say Janette and HRVY.Β 

Just tuning into the first It Takes Two, with Zoe and Rylan πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Very early days yet, but I’m gonna stick my neck out and say Janette and HRVY.Β 

Just tuning into the first It Takes Two, with Zoe and Rylan πŸ‘

Love take 2 ❀

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I do normally our Ange, but dya know what? I’ve seriously had to flick it off as it was driving me mad! Sooooooo giddy and loud! Couldn’t bear it! Usually love it, but that’s not a good start πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Everybody set for tonight?! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•Ί! Boris briefing to the nation first, at 1700hrs with the Whitty and Vallance! Lockdown looming πŸ‘πŸ‘

Then get ya dancing πŸ‘£ready, and enjoy another hopefully fab show! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•Ί

Bill will sooooooooooooo be getting my vote πŸ—³if he’s anywhere near as entertaining as he was last week! Priceless! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ•Ί

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Excuse me but my Alijaz too too too hot this week πŸ™€πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜›
Two words! Bill Bailey! πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€Absolutely outstanding! Could cry at how much effort he puts in! Superb! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘I predict now, he’s gonna lift that glitterball!Β 

Another great effort was Jacqui, with support from the lovely Ed Balls πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Janettes dress too gorge, could watch her dancing all night long πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Have to say, the choreography of Katya, is just outstanding, week after week, year after year πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ₯ŠπŸ’ƒπŸ»

Love love love the online voting, soooo much easier to vote all three together! Usually you have to submit one at a time and it was tedious. Much much better πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. I voted Bill πŸ—³, HRVY πŸ—³, and Max πŸ—³.Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Little bit excited re the results, but wondering if there’ll even be a show next Saturday now? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Highly unlikely, surely? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈβ˜ΉοΈ

Little bit excited re the results, but wondering if there’ll even be a show next Saturday now? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Highly unlikely, surely? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈβ˜ΉοΈ

Aren’t they supposed to be in some form of isolation anyway?

Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes, and indeed the live show continues next week Gwnd πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. I honestly wasn’t sure, even tho they’re in their bubbles now. Alijaz and Janette are living apart πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad to hear it's continuing.Β  Thought Bill Bailey was really good this week.Β  Jacqui definitely had to go (she tried her best). The online voting is definitely easier now.

Looking forward to next week's show.

Keeeeep DancingΒ 

I’ve not managed to watch all the dances yet, as I didn’t catch the live show, but I have to say I was so impressed with Bill! When Craig said β€˜8’ I almost jumped out of my seatΒ :joy: Β fantastic stuffΒ :heart_eyes: Β 

He’s definitely still one of my favs so far… I’ve never voted for Strictly before, thanks for the heads up on the new system @BevΒ @Scubaseahorse, I may try that out next week! Love a good digital-first initiativeΒ :wink:

Userlevel 5
Badge

I love Strictly for the dancing, but could do without mostΒ of the chat. Losing the latter would probably shorten the show to about Β½Β hourΒ Β :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That said, my local monthly social dance club migrated to Zoom in April, so we naturally also have a running Strictly discussion on Facebook. I got so excited during the Week 1 Strictly show that I felt like β€˜stuff COVID, I’m gonna runΒ over to a dance club friend’s houseΒ and grabΒ them for a boogie’. Needless to say, I did refrainΒ :grinning::dancers::man_dancing::dancer_tone3:

And I agree with @GwyndyΒ that having Strictly run over into BBC Four’s Scandi noir is just not onΒ :rage: