Spreadsheet Annual Calculator, feedback?

Show first post

129 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Fun is the key indeed 👍👏🙃. Nice, albeit a smaller group, is still staying around, having fun to the end 👍👍👍👍👍

In the spirit of fun @woz, I word counted my headers vs your headers. 42 vs 47.

Now who’s more repetitive! 😈

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder...

Badge +5

I can’t resist saying “Why not just use a comparison site?”

Where’s the fun in that! 

Badge +5

@25 quid agreed, there is satisfaction in pulling together a spreadsheet and seeing it work, like a drug, but then you stop to think about its purpose when the wheel has already been invented. There are occasions though when the wheel has been invented but somebody wants you to pay for that wheel. That is when I stop and think, I could do that for nowt. I have in mind all that software you can get for domestic budgets when a relatively simple spreadsheet does it all. The essence is always keep it simple. Probably because that is the level of my mind!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Michael McIntyres The Wheel is back tomorrow, straight after Strictly. Just saying 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Badge +5

@Bev Oh god no!!!! He can’t speak properly. Always shouts. Am afraid it’s the off button if he comes on. Just lots of noise. It’s  painful. The volume button does not always have the required effect. There are a number of “performers” who have this problem. They seem to think they are better if they shout. My youngest son is an offender!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ooooooooh yes, I remember you mentioning this before our Rich. Now I have actually seen the Mac live on stage twice now, and find him truly hilarious, but I absolutely ADORE the Wheel, truly do. I think it’s just a superb format, and it just really works. But if he’s not for you, then I get how you’d reach for the remote, as there are some people we just can’t take to on TV. Pity tho, cos it’s a real good format, our Rich. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Appears we’re cross threading today and all the rules and discipline are on the John Wayne

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee, it’s good to digress sometimes our Strutty. More fun hee 😁😁😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In the spirit of fun @woz, I word counted my headers vs your headers. 42 vs 47.

Now who’s more repetitive! 😈

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder...

@25 quid 

not me, I make it 12, and one of those was your modification - it was originally 11. Granted I repeated them at the bottom but that’s to save scrolling if you were to extend the sheet and forget which column is which, so they don’t count ‘cos you can delete them. The headers on gas converter are what you asked for so they don’t count and the handy vat reverser is an extra.

The only repetition I can see is “cost” which is what your suggestion added, there was only one cost column in the original (which I prefer) Like you said, keep it simple.

I’ve now moved on to the ad-hoc meter reading version.

@G4RHL I don’t understand the reasoning behind your comment about using a comparison site instead.
The spreadsheet isn’t instead of, it’s as well as using a comp site. 

I now have to take the washing machine to bits, I may be some time..

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee, get those carbon brushes changed our Wozeeta hee hee ⚙️🔧👍😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev 

haha! how did you know….

I must get my body clock reset…

Washer working again, her indoors will test to destruction later...I don’t understand how to use it, the clothes still don’t seem to want to find their own way to the machine, it must still be broken. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

First draft of ad-hoc meter readings sheet due tomorrow... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

First draft of ad-hoc meter readings sheet due tomorrow... 

I do the same thingish I thinkish. I forecast at the begging of the month based on the obvious factors like last years usage and current climate. Then have the adhoc readings which act like my smart meterish.

@25 quid

not me, I make it 12, and one of those was your modification - it was originally 11. Granted I repeated them at the bottom but that’s to save scrolling if you were to extend the sheet and forget which column is which, so they don’t count ‘cos you can delete them. The headers on gas converter are what you asked for so they don’t count and the handy vat reverser is an extra.

The only repetition I can see is “cost” which is what your suggestion added, there was only one cost column in the original (which I prefer) Like you said, keep it simple.

I’ve now moved on to the ad-hoc meter reading version.

@G4RHL I don’t understand the reasoning behind your comment about using a comparison site instead.
The spreadsheet isn’t instead of, it’s as well as using a comp site. 

I now have to take the washing machine to bits, I may be some time..

I’ve realised what is driving me. I don’t do colours (as a means of separation). I’m more a layout does separation kinda guy. 

Anyway, I couldn’t resist going to the Microsoft Word arbitration… 😉 

I’ll get mi coat...

PS I hope you found the missing socks after assaulting your washing machine!

PPS Like your socks, I seemed to lose 5 more words since the last count...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid 

What’s the significance of the word count? (I must have misunderstood what you meant by headers?)

😊 Less is more… 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid 

no missing socks found..they’ve disappeared!

It’s OK though as they’ve gone in multiples of 2 so I wear odd socks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

😊 Less is more… 😊 

Less isn’t more on the PP forum our Notes. Deserted today 😳😢😢😢. Sunday’s used to be sooooooooooooooooooo fab didn’t they! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

😊 Less is more… 😊 

Less isn’t more on the PP forum our Notes. Deserted today 😳😢😢😢. Sunday’s used to be sooooooooooooooooooo fab didn’t they! 

Awww 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

and worse still I have toothache, and can’t concentrate on  spreadsheets

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Have a rest from your ruddy spreadies our Wozeeta 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rest those gnashers 😬😖😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Stay with it @woz focus

Like words @woz, maybe gnashers are the same, less is more 😁