Spreadsheet Annual Calculator, feedback?

Show first post

129 replies

Beautifully clear @woz

Badge +5

Loving the names our Wozeeta 👍👏🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Loving the names our Wozeeta 👍👏🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@woz You could have called one of them “Offgerm.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Some impressive work there @woz  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Work of art @woz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@25 quid

compare up to 7 tariffs either single or dual rate and single or dual fuel. Names of tariffs are not related to any company. I only chose 7 because I felt like it, could be any number.

This addresses all you mentioned as did the first one but it’s less cluttered.

All extraneous info removed just enter rates and percentage if dual rate and out pops the total.

It’s error trapped to prevent dual rate errors creeping in those are the red squares (for example)

consumption readings chart is in progress, it will however take weeks, I may not even bother

Is this all the way live? @woz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Strutt G not quite just improving it, I’ll send u a link when ready.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Strutt G not quite just improving it, I’ll send u a link when ready.

Appreciated!

(Said in Kim Wexler voice, love the way she says it - re Better Call Saul)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Strutt G

that one’s finished, feel free to break it any way you like.

Modified the way the discount is shown as it isn’t always deducted from energy costs so where it applies it’s shown separately (look at the last line for example in the below)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have a spreadsheet,  and even I can't understand it sometimes 🤣

Badge +5

@Angelabikerbabe Simplicity is the key!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Strutt G

Modified the way the discount is shown as it isn’t always deducted from energy costs so where it applies it’s shown separately (look at the last line for example in the below)

Solid logic and specially regarding the discount modification. Looking forward to utilising your fine work. - Think I might of made a mistake...think she said Appreciate it….anyway Appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Strutt G

Highly recommended…….

Thanks for this Woz @woz . I HAD my own (now abandoned) system but this works on a higher slicker level. Its really great and those long great calculating formulas...think I should attempt to swat up. But something tells me I won’t even get close. 

Y’all should consider utilising this simple to input spread, but far from simple to produce tool comparing  tariffs. Its your very own Switch calculation.

Don’t hang about…...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid

now including m3 to kWh and back (and a handy reverse vat converter)

This is now final (until it becomes not final)

Perfect! Looks great @woz.

Would it look more great if you added a header row to group the various sections?

And maybe add a total column as that’s important to see easily? Then the rows don’t need to be so high either… 

😇 (I didn’t tackle your footer, or update the costs in all the rows 😉)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Perfect! Looks great @woz.

Would it look more great if you added a header row to group the various sections?

And maybe add a total column as that’s important to see easily? Then the rows don’t need to be so high either… 

😇 (I didn’t tackle your footer, or update the costs in all the rows 😉)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

OO your a stickler @ 25squids, but for some peeps then a stand alone Total is a good thing. 

• Keep this thread alive its a seller……

Peace

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid @Strutt G 

Now modded to include suggestions - that’s final (for now!), sorry about wonky shot cba re screenshotting as has to be done in 2 passes

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@25 quid

now including m3 to kWh and back (and a handy reverse vat converter)

This is now final (until it becomes not final)

This is my preferred version.

The reverse VAT calculator is great additional bonus!

Bada-bing-bada-boom

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re getting a like purely for your excitement our Strutty, ruddy love it 😆😆😆😆😆, and your 25 squids 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Our Notelets will love it 😉🙃😁👍👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hum ho

Personally I didn’t think it needed a clearer total, it was already clear enough, but then I’d be marking my own homework (which the non-existent dog ate).

Watch this space, (but not too closely.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

hum ho

Personally I didn’t think it needed a clearer total, it was already clear enough, but then I’d be marking my own homework (which the non-existent dog ate).

@woz @woz @woz Oh whoops...I’ve forwarded on the wrong version...in fact it was the one without clearer total I meant to highlight/flagup/bringattentionto. The total is clear to me but maybe not others and I guess that is what @25 quid was alluring to. But I get so much wrong I probably am/is/are

Honest Gov……

No amoeba’s where harmed in the making of this fred

hum ho

Ok, but how do you feel about the header adjustments?

Either
Or...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hum ho

Ok, but how do you feel about the header adjustments?

Either
Or...

@25 quid damn, missed that soz, distracted-but I’ve moved on, OK I’ll have a look..

As I said in the DM there were some unintended consequences for clarity when I changed the amount column, it needed more work than was obvious.

There’s a lot of faffing with every little change…

Thanks for the suggestion

OK - later edit...I’ve looked and when I  added those headers I don’t think it benefitted so I’m not going to change it. Beauty and all that, I think it made it look cluttered and unnecessarily repetitive.

I think it’s clear and aesthetically tolerable as it is with original  headers, but feel free to mod yours if you prefer it.

I set out to occupy as little screen space as possible displaying as much granular detail as possible, about how the charges were broken down, without clutter or misleading and it’s already lost some of that detail and keeps moving away from that mantra. I’m calling it finished at that version, and the previous, but of course if anyone  wants to morph it to whatever works for them that’s fine too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hum ho

@woz @woz @woz Oh whoops...I’ve forwarded on the wrong version...in fact it was the one without clearer total I meant to highlight/flagup/bringattentionto. The total is clear to me but maybe not others and I guess that is what @25 quid was alluring to. But I get so much wrong I probably am/is/are

Honest Gov……

@Strutt G you can’t fool me - if you can spell ameeber you pass the rocket science test...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

hum ho

@woz @woz @woz Oh whoops...I’ve forwarded on the wrong version...in fact it was the one without clearer total I meant to highlight/flagup/bringattentionto. The total is clear to me but maybe not others and I guess that is what @25 quid was alluring to. But I get so much wrong I probably am/is/are

Honest Gov……

@Strutt G you can’t fool me - if you can spell ameeber you pass the rocket science test...

I’m still struggling form my where to were..

@25 quid damn, missed that soz, distracted-but I’ve moved on, OK I’ll have a look..

OK - later edit...I’ve looked and when I  added those headers I don’t think it benefitted so I’m not going to change it. Beauty and all that, I think it made it look cluttered and unnecessarily repetitive.

I think it’s clear and aesthetically tolerable as it is with original  headers, but feel free to mod yours if you prefer it.

It’s interesting how our own telescopes give a different view of the same thing. 😂

Anyway, all good, we can respectfully disagree. Your call. Keep up your fun work!