Snacklets! 🧀🥨🍦🍰🍪🍫🥜🍷

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 16650 replies

So, we have our very popular cookery thread, and we also have a baking thread, but do we have a little snacks thread where we can share pics of what treats we are enjoying? 

Well, we do now, yes! Right here! Share your little snacklets🍕🧀 or beverages🍺🍹 , with photos if you like! 👍👏

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ll start the ball a rolling, with a pic of my snacklets tonight, which is simply a few slices of Cathedral City 🧀🧀🧀, nibbled with a handful of lovely KP Salt n vinegar peanuts. 

Simple but wonderful 👍💕💕💕💕👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sometimes it’s nice to enjoy a few Tucs, with cheese, apple, vine tomatoes, and beefy space raiders 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Space raiders!

Wow, takes me back.

I guess I’ll be digging out some pickled onion flavour Monster Munch :smirk:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

They do the pickled space raiders too again, our Marc, but I’m sooooo into these beefy ones at the moment! Real tiny bags but gorgeous! 

I bloomin love snacks, fab thread @Bev!

Last night I had a terribly cheeky snack.. melted camembert with fresh hot French baguette:heart_eyes: 

I don’t have a pic as it got demolished too quickly. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee hee our Mads. I’m fasting today. Let’s just say your 🍋🍋tip in the Good Morning thread, would even be too much for my guts today. TMI already but hot water is all I’ve had since 2300hrs. Since midnight, it’s been a mare. So, right now, my mouth is indeed watering for that gorgeous Camembert and baguette mmmmmmm, but my body’s saying a firm no. 

Thanks for liking the thread Mads 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Only in germany.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

How did you know that’d sooooooo make me larf out loud our Johnny! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Soooo fancied light little luncheon, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Gino green olives, Gouda, Brie, Space Raiders pickle onion, and fish chip Walkers. 

Just filled that little gap, as low carb. Perfect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No snacklets yet, but time for a very very very rare Guinness 🍺

Great for the ole low iron and all that, and very productive morning so why not 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣🍺

4 new sized cans for five notes 👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Lidl tasty comestibles

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Moved to Coffee break 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

They’re open!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee, just deliberating over the Guinness hee. Those pretzel bites look good, our Ant

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hee hee, just deliberating over the Guinness hee. Those pretzel bites look good, our Ant

I love the Jalpenõ ones best. Spicey!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I love jalapeño flavoured anything too 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

No snacklets yet, but time for a very very very rare Guinness 🍺

Great for the ole low iron and all that, and very productive morning so why not 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣🍺

4 new sized cans for five notes 👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏

Really not very good from a can. In order of quality - draught from a wooden barrel, draught from a keg, bottled, canned. A brewer, in charge of a well known brewery in the UK, advised me the draughts are better, better flavour, higher quality because of how they are stored and delivered but shelf life is about 28 days. Bottles come next but a preservative is added to give them a longer shelf life which is why they taste slightly different from the draught version. “Cans?” he said! “Uggh, more stuff goes into them to ensure a decent shelf life. It will always taste different. Avoid.”

Bottle of Guinness Original. Less alcohol in a Guinness than in most other beers and often less calories. Guinness is good for you!  Up in these parts Mackeson used to be served in hospitals. Slightly sweeter than Guinness. 

More useless information. Many say the Guinness you buy in Dublin and in Ireland generally is better than what we get here. That’s nonsense. It’s the same product. The same that goes to Australia and elsewhere. There is though an export type popular in Africa. Developed as they thought it travelled better. 

Some out champagne in it! What a waste. Of both products!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Mmmm Guinness. 

What you buy in the brewery is better mostly because its fresher stored 100% properly and served with similar attention to detail. Irish brewed has a slightly differant taste but thats because of the irish water. 

Keg beers after 28 days get returned to the brewery emptied back into the bulk mix and then put into a fresh keg. After 28 days they will start to take on the flavour of the keg/barrel. 

@Mavis1 “ but thats because of the irish water.”

Not so in the UK as all is/was brewed in Ireland. It is the same stuff. Just bottled or sometimes barrelled here. It is now brewed in other countries I believe. The beer will taste the same if stored the same. Racking and keeping and serving at 52F is important.

There is one reason only, only one, why people think a Guinness in Ireland tastes better. It is because psychologically they think it must be better for it is in the motherland. I have had a few pints served to me at breweries over the years and yes they were good, but no different than the same beer served in a pub that owns how to keep and serve it.  I have one near me that has no idea. I returned 4 pints one night, two different beers as well, each was off and the staff had no idea! I only drink water there now when I go each week to meet a friend. They get that right.

Watch out for those that tell you they have draught Black Sheep and then watch how they serve it. Tis bollocks. It comes from a pressurised keg. A proper Black Sheep from the cask is something different.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Really getting back into my juices again now, since stopping any caffeine drinks. Used to adore juice, but haven’t been buying it lately. Back into it now. Adore Tropicana and most of the Innocents. Just saying, like 👍😁🙃

@Bev Watch those juices and bodily fluids! 

I have read that most fruit juices like Tropicana and others are not much good for you. But then if we listen to everybody nothing is!  So let’s get back to a nice big steak and chips with a bottle of beer, followed by apple and custard. My bowels sadly won’t handle that at present! Covid gets itself involved with your lower intestine, never mind the vocal chords. I am going goon to be a walking force of Covid rejection after this - Covid February 2020, 2 vaccinations, booster jab and then Covid again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Jeez, didn’t know it affected that area too, take it steady our Rich, don't rush it. 

I on,y buy those two brands as pure juice, and they do suit me. Those energy drinks were only for emergency glucose but way too many side effects so no more. Stopped all those around three weeks now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Do love these. Not bought in ages. Just having them as a cheeky snacklet whilst watching Chateau in my cosy onesie mmmmmmmmmm

Simple things 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Vegan black pudding, with red peppers and red 🌶

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Vegan black pudding, with red peppers and red 🌶

Double red peppers? 😂