Share your Christmas memories

• 4 December 2020
  • 6 replies

• Community Manager
  • 7079 replies

Now that we're officially in the Christmas month, I thought a nice thread for us community Members could be to share our Christmassy and festive memories.:slight_smile:

From long ago, or from yesterday, good or bad or happy or sad, they all count!

I'll start with one (but I have more!)

A memory of unwrapping one of my favourite ever presents, when was very young, and all I wanted was a model of the Millennium Falcon spaceship from Star Wars. I must have wished a hundred times that Father Christmas would give it to me.

And I obviously mentioned it out loud to my folks a few times because on Christmas Day morning, there it was. Wrapped in red/green tartan wrapping paper (also a v clear memory) I could see the shape of it among what looked like a sea of presents all wrapped in exactly the same wrapping. A great big tartan blanket of presents. 
Of course I had to wait hours (probably felt like days) before I could unwrap it. But once I had, I played with that toy for months and months non-stop.

My sister on the other hand got a foot 'spa' that Christmas and used it once. Hahahahahahahah :laughing::laughing:

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah what a wonderful memory, Marc 💕. That’s really really special. Funny re the 👣spa bless. 

I think my biggest memory has to be the Salvation Army brass band 🎺🎷🎺🎶. I remember it being such a HUGE occasion each Christmas morning, around 11, when all the gifts were unwrapped, children were out playing in the snow ❄️⛄️❄️☃️❄️⛄️or out on new bikes🚲🛴🚲. I vividly remember taking lots of coins to the door to put in the collection tins, and this one year taking my new Tiny Tears doll to the door with me, to show off to the collectors in uniform. Magical memories 💕💕💕

Real coal fire 🔥when we arrived at nanna and grandads after walking in the snow. Her gorgeous huge tree 🎄all wonderfully decorated, and surrounded by presents waiting for us 🎁🎁🎁🎁. Nanna was always as excited as we were, always peeping thru the wrapping paper 😂😂😂. It. makes me cry now, all these years on, just thinking about those magical idyllic times 💕💕💕💕

I think, no matter how many Christmasses come and go, as the years go by, and we get older, nothing can ever ever ever take away those gorgeous childhood Christmas memories, nothing. They stay in the ♥️forever. 

I think, no matter how many Christmasses come and go, as the years go by, and we get older, nothing can ever ever ever take away those gorgeous childhood Christmas memories, nothing. They stay in the ♥️forever. 

This is so, so sweet @Bev:heart:  

My fav Christmas memories have to be of Christmas spent in Texas growing up with my cousins and Aunt/Uncle. I just remember they were absolute chaos, with me and my cousins (all under age 10 at the time of these particular Christmases) running all over the place, eating way too many of M+Ms and Hershey kisses before breakfast :joy:

Cue learning the Texas two step dance (which I still haven’t mastered. It really is just two steps, ha), and hosting an impromptu Scots/Texas crossover of a ceilidh (for my Scottish Mum and Aunt...) up and down the house. Always great fun despite the utter madness of everyone running round the house :grin:

^ for those who haven’t had the joy of witnessing a ceilidh before. I can assure you ours looked nothing like this and was more like everyone running round each other in circles.:grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great memories Nat 😂👍🇺🇸. Memories ALWAYS involve cousins don’t they?! 😂😂😂😂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Bought some gorgeous Clementines today 🍊🍊🍊, and it reminded me of my mum and dad, when we were little; you knew as soon as the clementines appeared in the big fruit bowl, that Christmas was getting near, as every time you peeled one, my dad would say “mmmmmm smells just like Christmas!” 😂😂😂💕. 

It reminded me of the 🧦we’d put out on Christmas Eve , with the pillow case, soooooo excitedly! On Christmas morning, the 🧦would be filled with 🍊🍊🍊🍊and walnuts, and we had to open that first before any 🎁🎁🎁🎁in the pillowcases! 😂😂😂😂. I think we always managed to look thrilled with our fruit and nuts, but all we really wanted to do, was get into those pillowcases 😬😬😬😂!

Also the note on Christmas Eve we’d write for 🎅, with a mince pie on a plate and a 🥕for Rudolph. I vividly remember checking for a reply every Christmas morning for years, and being thrilled by a “Thank you”. I was soooo innocent, it was years before I realised the squiggle was my dad’s left hand writing. Ah such blissful memories 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Gorgeous memory @Bev :heart_eyes:

As a Christmas tradition, my brother and I receive a clementine with the leaves still attached (the leaves being the real key!) even to this day. And we have a pact that it has to be the first thing we eat on Christmas morning :grin:  (on those Christmases we spend together, at least!)

Satsuma in a sock! That’s me. 😊 

Oh plus this Christmas ski trip!

La Folie Deuce