Rugby - Autumn Nations Cup Poll 2020

• 11 November 2020
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ok, Six Nations has only just concluded and England the victors. So, this Friday 13th,  a new tournament starts with the addition of Fiji & Georgia, who do you think will win?

My guess is that France are looking very strong & settled under their new management team and I predict they will top their Group B & play England, who will top Group A in the final playoff. France to win, just. 
So, if your sporty or not, who do you think will win?

Nations Cup Winner is:

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Not sure how many Rugby fans are out there. However,  I do know that @Nataly will add her views as she is a big Rugby follower of England with some Scottish connections. 
🏉👍

Dai

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Know absolutely sweet FA about Rugby our Dai but sooooo placing my vote just for fun for FOMO 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂, Gooooooooo Fiji!!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Know absolutely sweet FA about Rugby our Dai but sooooo placing my vote just for fun for FOMO 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂, Gooooooooo Fiji!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic Bev, love your enthusiasm and I love your optimistic choice 👏👏. Fiji are a flamboyant rugby playing nation but only have a small pool of players to choose from, the players they do have possess unbelievable skill & flair - their defence needs attention though. 
Cheers Bev,

👍🏉

Love it @David j, great poll! :grin:

@Bev love the vote! Fiji are good fun, rugby is quite sacred there even though they’re a small nation! 

@David j so… I have to agree, in my opinion it’ll come down to England v France. I’ve voted with my heart and gone for England but my head is saying France will be tough to beat. 

I think in another couple of years Wales and Ireland will be coming back strong, but not quite yet.

It’s just great to have more competitive rugby on, but it’ll definitely be interesting to see how the Amazon Prime coverage of games goes? Hope you have Prime if you’re planning on tuning in to those matches :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh, thanks for the heads up Nataly, I wasn’t aware of the TV coverage issue. Eeeek, I’ll have to sort this out 😬😬

Uh oh! I think it’s going to catch a lot of people out! Have you been able to sort it? 

I don’t know if they’re doing it like sky, when you can pay per game or pay just for the rugby… :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Uh oh! I think it’s going to catch a lot of people out! Have you been able to sort it? 

I don’t know if they’re doing it like sky, when you can pay per game or pay just for the rugby… :sweat_smile:

I am on the case 😬👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am keeping my head down after last night’s Welsh rugby performance. Poor old Fiji, I was so looking forward to watching their brand of rugby. 
🏉🤪

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Are my Fiji out already?! 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀No kidding me! Oh my word! That’s just pants! ☹️☹️☹️😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Are my Fiji out already?! 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀No kidding me! Oh my word! That’s just pants! ☹️☹️☹️😆

I agree Bev, I love your enthusiasm for a sport you’re not familiar with - however, that’s you all over 👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m seriously LOL our Dai! So funny that I randomly picked Fiji and fell at first hurdle 😂😂😂😂😂😂. 

Never mind eh 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m seriously LOL our Dai! So funny that I randomly picked Fiji and fell at first hurdle 😂😂😂😂😂😂. 

Never mind eh 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Onward and upward 😬😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This is funny, even for a Welsh man 😂

Never mind eh 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Don’t worry @Bev - it was due to players testing positive for Covid, so nothing to do with their rugby skills and couldn’t have been foreseen!

@David j I don’t think it was the most riveting weekend of rugby I’ve ever seen, let’s put it that way :sweat_smile: 

Was gutted for Fiji not to be able to play! 

The most exciting game for me turned out to be Italy vs Scotland, great match and a good fight from Italy. 

(and while we’re on the topic… Argentina beating the All Blacks! Huge news!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I agree @Nataly, there seems to be something missing from the proceedings, over and above the crowd. I did enjoy the England/Georgia game, however, I was slightly disappointed with Georgia as I was expecting them to be slightly closer on the scoreboard. Front 5 battle was immense & England came out on top in that department. Poor Wales are in a spin, Pivac is trying to change the way Wales play which is admirable and expected - on this display who knows what their aims/objectives are or what type of game they want to play. Anyway, I loved @Bev ’s optimism for a sport she knows nothing about - disappointing for the Fiji nation. Now Argentina, what a win and lovely for the nation. 
Bye for now 👍🏉🏉🏉🏉

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I did not know the 6 nations was “on” until I read that England had won!

Yes it’s a bit confusing - that was the end of the delayed 6 nations cup, originally due to end in March/April time so was postponed!  

And we’ve now just started the Autumn Nations Cup, an initiative to make sure there are still international games over Autumn despite Covid :slight_smile: all a bit all over the place! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Never mind G4RHL, you didn’t miss a great deal. Who do you think will win the Autumn Nations Cup? Go on, select a team from the above poll 🏉🏉👍👍

Regards,

Dai ✔️✔️

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

No good asking me, I don’t watch sport!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No good asking me, I don’t watch sport!

That’s fair enough ✔️✔️

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just heard the news that Covid has spread throughout the Fijian team resulting in all their Autumn matches being cancelled. So sad for this rugby nation and supporters who enjoy their style of play. 🏉🏉

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh my favourite team they are! Soooo gutted for em! They’d have won otherwise, you know! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. No, it really is sad tho 😟

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh my favourite team they are! Soooo gutted for em! They’d have won otherwise, you know! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. No, it really is sad tho 😟

Sad for this poor nation as they have lost well needed financial income. 
Also, @Bev was soooo looking forward to Fiji winning all their matches 🤪🤪

It’s such a shame, I’m so gutted for them! And for you of course @Bev :joy:

Vern Cotter isn’t having much luck is he, with the Barbarians cancelled and now this… hopefully things improve from here! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It’s such a shame, I’m so gutted for them! And for you of course @Bev :joy:

Vern Cotter isn’t having much luck is he, with the Barbarians cancelled and now this… hopefully things improve from here! 

I agree Nataly, Cotter apparently has a challenging development plan for Fiji rugby so this does hinder  progress. 
🏉🏉