Quizzical Fridays: What happened in 2021?

• Community Manager
  • 1239 replies

You heard it here first, quizzical Fridays have arrived! Test your knowledge, or simply just have a bit of fun. 

This week's quiz is on all things 2021 — it seemed to fly by — so let's test our knowledge on the year’s events.

yfKpDzz-r4RJ_8W8sJ_hP4jwFae3PBKG8I2W6m8CJB3qnhOy_SVMocBMOExJZDxIc4ep5_LT5W5thFAe3I5SW5yWNbYDXARiz0IJCAu4lT0ZaG2WIEiAvNmU0WRKwXL11CTMeil-

10 questions stand between you and the prize… the prize can be a cuppa at the end, or pride if you like. Let us know how you got on in the replies! 

1. Which film won ‘best picture’ in the 2021 oscars?
  1. Promising Young Woman
  2. Judas and the Black Messiah
  3. Nomadland 

Answer: Nomadland

1. A new £50 note entered circulation in June 2021. Which scientist is celebrated on the new note?
  1. Alan Turing 
  2. Stephen Hawking 
  3. Isaac Newton 

Answer: Alan Turing

1. What was the most streamed song of 2021?
  1. Save your tears - The Weeknd
  2. Bad habits - Ed Sheeran 
  3. GOOD 4 U - Olivia Rodrigo 

Answer: Bad habits - Ed Sheeran 

1. How many flights were cancelled globally between Christmas Eve and Boxing day in 2021?
  1. 3,000
  2. 12,000
  3. 8,000 

Answer: 8,000

1. Bitcoin became the official currency in which Central American country?
  1. Honduras
  2. El Salvador 
  3. Panama

Answer: El Salvador 

1. Who won the 2021 Formula One World Championship?
  1. Max Verstappen 
  2. Lewis Hamilton 
  3. Voltteri Bottas 

Answer: Max Verstappen

1. What percentage of cars sold in the UK in 2021 were battery electric vehicles?
  1. 11.6% 
  2. 21%
  3. 34.3%

Answer: 11.6%

1. We said goodbye to Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts in 2021, but how many UK number one singles has the Rolling Stones had?
  1. 5
  2. 12

Answer: 8 

1. A 2021 Netflix production became the most streamed show on Netflix to date, what was it?
  1. Money Heist
  2. Maid 
  3. Squid Game 

Answer: Squid Game

10. Who was named Time magazine’s person of the year for 2021?

1. Elon Musk
  2. Joe Biden 
  3. Anthony Fauci

Answer: Elon Musk 

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

OMG 😳8 out of 10!!!!! Amazed myself there! Proper chuffed. Amazing how much is absorbed thru the year without even realising! 

Fab idea our Mads! 😳👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏Everyone loves a quizzy, espesh on a Friday. Good thread. Great thread in fact! Love it! 

Was saying to our Duppy @Duppy in the TV thread, how much I was getting into ITV Lingo! Never ever do I do Day TV, but soooooooooo into that bugger! Hee hee hee, so I shall be watching that today at 1500hrs 👍👍👍👍👍🙇‍♀️🤔

Userlevel 6
Badge

Well done our @Bev :hugging:  I’m not even going to tell you what my score was :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, I am sure it was terrific our Jen 👩‍🎓

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I only managed 5/10 🙁🙁

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Not too bad our Dups, halfway there 👍😉

Badge +5

Think I managed 1!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I got 7.5. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

One 😳😳😳, our Rich! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Only you could get a half our Strutty head 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

How does the SHOW MORE feature work I wonder 🤔🙇‍♀️. Like, I know how to put a website link there, and then change the wording, but wouldn’t know how to just make a link to an answer 🤷‍♀️. 

Show more testing

Just having a little play. 

Badge +5

One 😳😳😳, our Rich! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Only you could get a half our Strutty head 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♀️

Just not the sort of information I retain. Like the names of actors, actresses, singers etc. YouGov send me a survey to do every so often and it frequently ends with lists of people in the entertainment world and I am expected to rate them. I am usually pressing the “never heard of” option!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev

similar test to @Bev 

nothing to see here move along...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ooooooh Wozeeta, you’re a gem! Never ever noticed “Spoiler” option. 

Excitedly giving it a try! Here goes! 🤞😁

This would be the answer hopefully hidden Question

Too complicated. Don’t get it

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh maybe it worked. Let’s try properly…..

Whats my name? 

Bev 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah ya don’t need that embed link bit our Woz. Simply type ya question. Click the spoiler thingy and type your answer. 

Ruddy brillisnt! 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Thanks Woz! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just one more practice if I may 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How old am I? 🤷‍♀️

94 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do, your reveal can link anywhere you like as long as it’s a valid link, if you look at my post above the link takes you to the same post the link is in  (just to confuse you...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No, you’ve helped me 100% our Woz. I had no idea of the Spoiler feature, to hide answers, as in this quiz. Know how to do the links to websites then change the display name in the post, but hadn’t been aware of the spoiler. Ruddy fab! Love it love it love it our Wozeeta! Thanks! 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

8/10 for me - feeling chuffed 🙂

I do love a quiz.  Thanks for that @Mads 

I’m so glad the quiz has gone down a treat! There will be a new one every Friday - if anyone ever has any suggestions on what they’d like the subject matter to be then please do give us a shout. @Bev you can even guest host with those fabulous ‘spoiler’ skills. :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey thanks our Mads hee, yeah maybe one “guest” question each week by a different member hee? Once it’s well established, like. Love it! 👍👏

I love that idea @Bev - a weekly guest bonus question, would you like to do this weeks?

If so, dm me your question (and the answer) anytime before Friday! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Would love to, Mads! Hey thanks! 😳👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Is there a theme for this weeks? 🤷‍♀️

Ace point @Bev - there is a theme, I’ll dm you to keep the theme a surprise for everyone else!