Quality Street chocolate tubs getting smaller, again

• 9 September 2019
  • 11 replies

• Community Manager
  • 5836 replies
It's probably a bit too early to start talking about Christmas but I couldn't resist.

The seasonal 'tubs' of Quality Street chocolates are already on supermarket shelves. And it's being reported today that the tub has been reduced to 650g (down from 720g last year).

Given the apparent shrinkage of Wagon Wheels biscuits over the years (denied by the manufacturer, it should be noted) where will this end? :eek:

And while we're at it, which is your favourite Quality Street? I always fish out the purple ones. If you're into the toffees, there's more bad news.... apparently there's fewer in this year's tubs.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Yeah, the tubs have been getting smaller and smaller every year.
my favourite is the orange one , yum yum
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
When the tubs were bigger, I got tubbier...
I'm meanly calculating enough to check simply how much chocolate I'm getting... Β£3.50 for 650g (current Morrison's price) is quite good value...
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Coffee my favourite I think πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Think I’m thinking of Roses. Think in Quality Street, it’s the fudge one for me πŸ‘πŸ˜‹
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I like looking through the coloured cellophane best.
​I need help
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I think the coloured cellophane works better than my ready readers πŸ€“πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Apparently they've completely replaced toffee deluxe with a new brownie flavoured one :eek:

My favourite is the blue one!
@Marc you may have to fight over the purples as apparently there's only around 5 on average per tin nowadays!:p
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Strawberry Cream for me please.
My husband and I are completely 'Quality Street Compatible' - I like all the soft centres and he likes the rest - perfect match πŸ’‘
Scubaseahorse;37777:

My husband and I are completely 'Quality Street Compatible' - I like all the soft centres and he likes the rest - perfect match

Now that is very handy @Scubaseahorse
Pure harmony at Christmas then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes @Marc πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚πŸ¬πŸ¬πŸ¬
Does this change things?

Quality Street 'pick n mix' - you can choose your own! :eek:

A tin full of blues for me, please (with a couple of purples for good measure)🆒