Pure Planet Community photo challenge September 2020 - Animals and wildlife

• 2 September 2020
  • 55 replies

Hi everyone and welcome to September’s photo challenge :smiley:

Nice one @Josyjo for winning August’s photo challenge with a “tide’s out” snap of Essex, what a fantastic first Community post! You can check out the winning photo here

She’s chosen September’s theme to be Animals and wildlife, which can be anything from the birds in your garden, to walks with the dog(s), or whatever catches your eye :camera_with_flash: 

To kick things off, here’s a very cute snap taken by Sally from the PP team of some ducklings, next to the canal… :heart_eyes:

ducklings hanging out!

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s snaps!

What is the photo challenge?
Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.
The winner is the photo with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can then pick the next month's theme.
Unsure how to upload a photo to a Community thread? Check out our how-to guide!

55 replies

Badge

Lovely photo.   Too cute 😍 💕 💖 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great winning pic 👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm very proud of the bumper harvest from our patio pot apple trees - six whole apples! I know!! One spider was so amazed he just had to check one of them out...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

OK, I didn’t make a contribution last month so, this is my 1st attempt for September 👍

My daughter’s friend new addition to the family 👍

I am sure he would be welcome in the Pure Planet office 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No2 = New baby Rhino born January this year at Folly Farm Pembrokeshire- mother Rhino was pregnant for 15 months 😬. 
Sorry it’s the back end 😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

OMG adorable dog, Dai 🙀💕💕💕💕🐶🐾

Beautifulky captured Stephen, but I can’t give it the thumbs up as sooooooo terrified of 🕸🕷😳, loathe September! 🙀🙀🙀

I was trying to bee clever with this one!

I was trying to bee clever with this one!

And best caption goes to… :clap:

I'm very proud of the bumper harvest from our patio pot apple trees - six whole apples! I know!! One spider was so amazed he just had to check one of them out...

Love the photo @stephenrand, the colours are very autumnal :smiley:  captured a treat! 

I wouldn’t, however, now be able to eat that apple without panicking that I’m crunching down on a spider :sweat_smile:

What’s worse than finding a maggot in your pear?

Finding half a maggot! I just spotted this little critter in time and went excavating...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Superbly captured tho 📸👍👍👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Btw, anyone see the 12 final pics for Countryfile calendar, with the theme “Bright and beautiful”? Really stunning 👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏. After last years dormouse debacle, it was nice to see. I voted for Nectar Inspector, as fitted the theme superbly 👍👍👏👏👏👏👏

Pigeon and a View

Pigeon in the window! (not my window. Or my pigeon)

How on earth did it find you then!? Homing pigeon perhaps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sparrowhawk in my garden . Didn't catch anything on this occasion,  but come quite regular. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Stunning Ange! 🙀🙀🙀👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Stunning Ange! 🙀🙀🙀👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Thanks Bev.

Don't like seeing the little birds get taken, but the sparrowhawk has to eat too. Just nature , isn't it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m the same. Hate to see anything eating anything else, but have to accept it’s nature, exactly Ange, but stunning stunning bird 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sparrowhawk in my garden . Didn't catch anything on this occasion,  but come quite regular. 

I agree with Bev, great action pic. I have seen Sparrowhawks in action but never actually seen them catch their prey. 👍👍

Badge

I was thrilled to capture this beauty on the fence this morning.

Vanessa Atalanta, better known as the Red Admiral or, previously known as the Red Admirable.... who knew !!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oooooooooh what a beauty Jo 🙀👍🦋💕, and you've captured it soooo perfectly! 👏👏👏👏👏👏 

Badge

Thanks Bev,  you should see the other 27 'outtakes'  😀😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣📸🗑📸🗑📸🗑📸🗑📸🗑📸🗑📸🗑

Little acorn with a smiling whale leaf behind it. Or is it just me seeing that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Pigeon falling asleep on his water bowl. He did a little fart first 🤣😂🤣😂

Super cute 💕💕💕