Hot Topic

Pure Planet Community photo challenge October 2021 - Autumn

• Community Manager
  • 999 replies

Hi everyone, and welcome to October’s photo challenge! :blush:

September’s theme of ‘Togetherness and Community’ may have been too challenging :wink: - we were unable to crown a winner, you can check out the challenge here. 

So for this month's theme we thought we’d go for something a little easier, Autumn! So get your leafy woodlands and pumpkin spiced lattes at the ready! :maple_leaf:

To kick things off I thought I’d share my mum’s lovely autumn plant border in her front garden:

37 replies

I posted a late September entry, but I’ll give this a go too…

The only Chelsea Autumn

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Gorgeous garden, our Mads, and those autumn leaves divine our Notes! Leaves make a lovely picture. Great theme 👏👏👏👍

The leaves on our fence are stunning. :maple_leaf:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That has to win, because I sooooooo want that as next years October photo in the 2022 calendar. Gorgeous! 😳😳😳😳😳😳👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🍁🍁🍁

You best unlike mine and start an unlike campaign quick as the writing’s on the wall! 🤓

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I would have taken some pictures today during the dog walk but I’m afraid it was a very wet and windswept affair. It would have looked like something from the Armageddon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You best unlike mine and start an unlike campaign quick as the writing’s on the wall! 🤓

Hee hee, I’ll rephrase it to say I would love ALL to win, cos IMO ALL autumn photos are always gorgeous. I am sooooooooooo hoping, as part of challenge two, to walk a bit further afield and get some nice autumn photos too. Good oppo to explore the iphone camera a bit more too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I would have taken some pictures today during the dog walk but I’m afraid it was a very wet and windswept affair. It would have looked like something from the Armageddon.

I think this months theme is a goodun, I think it’s going to encourage a lot to do the same our Nan 🍂🍁👍. Sunny here but relentless, fun gales, soooooooo fierce! 😳💨💨💨💨💨💨💨

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There have been torrential on and off rains today. Not long got back in from the quick end of day round the block walk and it’s proper fierce wind with some very black looking clouds not far behind me. Happy to be all snuggled up inside and listen to it from the warmth of my living room. I love this season, always so unpredictable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Today is beyond stunning! Started misty and ground very soggy, but did early walk to supermarket 🛒🏃‍♀️and havevto say, it was beyond divine! Gorgeous to feel some ☀️on face and arms, and managed to snap a few autumnal shots en route. 

Autumn leaves 🍂🍁🍂🍁☀️😎👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Relaxing, gentke river Sowe 💕👍💕☀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Early morning sun, burning thru the autumn mist 💕💕💕☀️😎👍Delightful 

Early morning sun, burning thru the autumn mist 💕💕💕☀️😎👍Delightful 

Very nice 

From a walk in the woods this morning

Sunny autumnal

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I was proud of that one our Marc, so thank you. Iphone 11 . Ooooooh yours is stunning! Love the real dark branches against the light. Autumn is a gorgeous season 🍂🍁👍

Loving this theme!:heart_eyes:

Here’s a pic I took down a gorgeous Bristol road in the morning sun over the weekend:

we’ve been very lucky with the weather lately 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Some awkward looking poses, possibly, but here's a true example of an armed forces veterans community. Prior to leaving Holyhead, 11 Oct 2021.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

A community have used debris from boats, recovered from the sea to make a hammock, playground, swim sofa thing on Bryher, Isles of Scilly

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah suddenly felt sad again, thinking there’ll be no more monthly comps and more important, no more PP calendar! Ah that’s sooooooo sad 😥😥😥

Amazing pics @Antski! @Bev we’ve got a lot of fab entries to look back at, perhaps we could fashion some kind of makeshift one?:thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Be good wouldn’t it our Mads, but think impossible at this stage, sadly. Certainly wouldn’t expect it, no. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

There must be some platform to do this kind of thing on. It would be very cool to have something continue after this shuts down. I'm up for it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Amazing pics @Antski@Bev we’ve got a lot of fab entries to look back at, perhaps we could fashion some kind of makeshift one?:thinking:

It was all functional too. I tried it all out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee bet you were swinging on the hammock 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣