Pure Planet Community photo challenge November 2019 - Illuminations ✨

Hey everyone,

Welcome to November's Community photo challenge! πŸ˜€

Last month saw lots of lovely pics of Autumnal scenes, so big congrats to @David j for winning October's photo challenge.
You can see all the beautiful photos including @David j's winning one here.

He's chosen November's theme to be 'Illuminations'. βœ¨πŸŽ†

That can be anything you like - such as Bonfire night, Christmas lights, house decorations and fairy lights.
Whatever takes your fancy!

To kick things off, here's one taken by @David j's daughter of St Albans Cathedral...

What is the photo challenge?
Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.

The winner is the photo with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can then pick the next month's theme.

Unsure how to upload a photo to a Community thread? Check out our how-to guide!

Looking forward to seeing everyone's photosπŸ“Έ
Good luck!

54 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
St Albans Cathedral again πŸ‘
​​​​​​​

The inside of the Cathedral was also illuminated - very atmospheric.

​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Gorgeous pics Dai and such a fab fab theme! Love it! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
You’d larf actually, cos on Saturday there was a big πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†display just across the way, and could see a treat from balcony, but was sooooo loud πŸ™‰ it was making me jump out my skin, as was watching Strictly. Anyway in end, I gave in, and so just for the finale, I decided to open blinds and just watch very end.

So then thiught β€œhey let’s try the new iphone out and get a video!” You know what’s coming πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I know you literally just hit a button but by time I worked it out, it’d bloody finished! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™„

​​​​​​​So tomorrow I’m hoping to try again, and hopefully better results πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
You so enjoy a challenge Bev - looking forward to the end results πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Great pictures! I'm inspired to add two of mine, from Waddesdon Manor...​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Impressive stephenrand πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi stephenrand, I've just looked at the Waddesdon Manor web site and it looks amazing - some beautiful pictures & Christmas lights.
β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
David j;41878:
Hi stephenrand, I've just looked at the Waddesdon Manor web site and it looks amazing - some beautiful pictures & Christmas lights.
β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ‘πŸ‘

​​​​​​​My wife and I volunteer there, so we're biased, but we think it's great, especially at Christmas!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
stephenrand;41879:
​​​​​​​My wife and I volunteer there, so we're biased, but we think it's great, especially at Christmas!

​​​​​​​It's now on my 'must visit list' - thanks for the heads up πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Stunning photos Stephen πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
stephenrand;41875:
Great pictures! I'm inspired to add two of mine, from Waddesdon Manor...3022​​​​​

It took me a min to figure out what this is made of... amazing!

What a clever displayπŸ™‚

Must be really interesting to volunteer there. Do you have to learn all about the history of the Manor?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
​​​​​​​just a couple from me. Somewhere in porto..
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Nataly;41979:
It took me a min to figure out what this is made of... amazing!

What a clever displayπŸ™‚

Must be really interesting to volunteer there. Do you have to learn all about the history of the Manor?

When children are about to go into the room which has this light fitting, I usually say "Look out for an idea of what you could do next time you break a plate".

We try and learn what we can so we can engage with visitors and answer their questions. We also have guides who have done a year's training and know an amazing amount!

You could always have a staff outing - we have EV charging in the car park!

​​​​​​​Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Proved tricky getting πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡as more in the distance tonight than at weekend, and were taken from kitchen window. Spent ninety minutes, which was senseless as really hurt neck now, and quite disappointing, but ok for first try.......

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
And this one thru the trees .......

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Nice natural pics Bev. πŸ‘πŸ‘
​​​​​​​Hope your neck is ok 😬
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
It’s canbaged today our Dai, no lie, I think I’ll stick to the odd photo but deffo deffo not long periods of time on this heavy phone 🀳. I don’t think they think of health when designing these latest awesome phones ya know, or I’m just getting way too old πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Top tip our bevvy. Video for a few minutes then screen shot a photo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thanks our Mavis, and no lie I’m really loving that part of the new phone πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. I did do that, and thrilled with the vids deffo πŸ‘, but holding the phone at an awkward angle, did take its toll. Perhaps need to look at holder for the phone, not an armband as such, but maybe for wrist or hand. If nothing else, it feels vulnerable holding something so expensive, always worried it’ll drop or slip.
Userlevel 3
So, you have a photo comp. Well here's my first entry and it's sort of an obvious one at this time of year, but I do love photographing fireworks. Hope you enjoy.

​​​​​​​

- - - Updated - - -

And one more for good measure.

​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Nice pics stubbyd πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 3
David j;42214:
Nice pics stubbyd πŸ‘πŸ‘

Diolch. I see you are a South Walian also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

stubbyd;42228:
Diolch. I see you are a South Walian also.

Well spotted stubbyd - yes, Swansea (slightly over 60) boy through & through. 
Regards,
​​​​​​​Dai πŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Gorgeous pics Stubby πŸ“ΈπŸŽ‡πŸŽ†! Maybe by next years Bonfire night, I’ll achieve something similar πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ€žπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 3
Bridgend myseld, slightly under 60 and, like you, still young at heart and head.