Pure Planet Community photo challenge March 2021 - Glorious Skies

Hi everyone, welcome to the Community’s March photo challenge! 

Last month’s Reflections challenge saw some beautiful pics shared with us all here in the Community, but it was @LUCKY JO’s photo that took the biscuit - you can check it out here:heart_eyes:

She’s chosen March’s theme to be Glorious Skies - looking forward to seeing everyone’s snaps! 

To kick things off, @LUCKY JO has provided this stunning photo…

Beautiful sun to kick off the glorious skies challenge!

What is the photo challenge?
Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.
The winner is the photo with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can then pick the next month's theme.
Unsure how to upload a photo to a Community thread? Check out our how-to guide!

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Superb photo to get things running, Jo! 👍👏📸

My last ski in March last year from the last lift on the last day before the French ski lockdown with my last (but still) ski buddy.

A little bit of Brizzle

Clifton Suspension Bridge - shot using iPhone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oooooooh captured a treat, Marc 🙀👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏, that truly looks stunning! It always looks soooo bleak when passing, and constantly raining, so that today doesn’t even look like Bristol! Magical

Badge +2

Wow, amazing pic Marc

Userlevel 4

Crepuscular rays in the Trossachs!

Ouch.

Badge +2

Stunning Stuart !!😍😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s what you CALL a sky! 🙀👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Missed a corker of a photo this morning when out 🙄. Adore seeing geese in formation, and 17 flew right over as I was walking. Unzipped pocket to get phone out, but by time fannyed about with it and it not recognising my face cos of 😷, the geese were well and truly off 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙄🙄🙄🙄. Think it would have fitted nicely into this months theme of “Glorious skies” but wasn’t quite to be today! 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Taken in the garden

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Taken in the garden

WOW, lovely 👏 👏 👏 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you @Angelabikerbabe 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just gorgeous colours our Scuba 👏👏👏👏👍, that’s one for BBC Weather Watchers 🤣👏👍(lovely having you back, Scubes👍)

Scubes! :laughing: LOL @Bev @Scubaseahorse 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I know you will larf with us, our Scuba 💕👍🙃😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Haha that's funny @Bev @Marc   🤣🤣🤣😀😀

We do have lovely skies in MSN don't we @Marc 

Last night’s sunset :blush:

Not long until the clocks change now…! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nice pinky tinge, Nat, nice pinky tinge 👏👍

I’m not one for messing with nature 🕰⏰⏱🌗🌚🌝🙄BUT it does suddenly start to feel like Spring has really arrived once they do go forwards. 

Userlevel 4

Missed a corker of a photo this morning when out 🙄. Adore seeing geese in formation, and 17 flew right over as I was walking. Unzipped pocket to get phone out, but by time fannyed about with it and it not recognising my face cos of 😷, the geese were well and truly off 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙄🙄🙄🙄. Think it would have fitted nicely into this months theme of “Glorious skies” but wasn’t quite to be today! 😂

Thanks for reminding me Bev. Took this last month with a long lens on my SLR. Completely forgotten about it. Can I submit another picture?

Flying geese

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As many as you like, Stuart, especially when it’s as good as that 👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏. Loving that! Huge gaggle there! 🙀👏👍👍👍👍👍👍

Remember @Bev you can take a quick picture without unlocking your iPhone. The camera is accessible from the lock screen (look for the two little buttons near the bottom)! 

Missed a corker of a photo this morning when out 🙄. Adore seeing geese in formation, and 17 flew right over as I was walking. Unzipped pocket to get phone out, but by time fannyed about with it and it not recognising my face cos of 😷, the geese were well and truly off 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙄🙄🙄🙄.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, thanks our 25 notes. Was aware, but for some reason I tend to forget and just instantly try and unlock and faff. Nothing ever seems mega quick, but I’m learning all the time with practice, and truly love it 👍👍👍🤳

Yes I know that feeling of panic — more haste, less speed.

Alternatively, once your screen is awake swipe from off the right edge of the screen straight to the camera. This works on all iPhones not just newfangled faffy FaceID ones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah I do try do it that way actually once it’s unlocked. Just tend to panic to unlock it rather than do it straight from the locked screen because of the urgency to take something that’s gonna disappear! Ironically, when there’s no urgency, I remember every time 🤷‍♀️🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣

We do have lovely skies in MSN don't we @Marc 

Oh yes. Especiallly with the ‘volcano’ landscape @Scubaseahorse :wink: