Pure Planet Community photo challenge March 2020 - Skies

Hi everyone and a warm welcome to the Community photo challenge for March 2020!

Last month saw @Jon1 and @25 quid becoming joint winners of our Spring challenge, you can check out their photos here ๐Ÿ‘

This month's photo theme is 'Skies'. We're looking forward to seeing everyone's sky-related photos over the month, feel free to share them in the replies below ๐Ÿ˜„

As ever, I'll be hoping for nice sunny skies ๐Ÿ˜

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹What is the photo challenge?
Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.

The winner is the photo with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can then pick the next month's theme.

Unsure how to upload a photo to a Community thread? Check out our how-to guide!๐Ÿ“ธ

55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
OK, Iโ€™ve used this pic before but I love how atmospheric it is. Itโ€™s my daughter commuting to Luton a few month ago.

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
Thought I might jump in with a quirky one:
โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
Or maybe double your sky pleasure another way!

OK, getting silly nowโ€ฆ
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Only just about qualifies, but love Air Ambulance

Iโ€™m with you there @Bev
โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Taken from our back garden showing the Moon and Venus in close proximity - loved the colours and the silhouette of the tree 😮
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi SimAli, really like your photograph. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Taken on the morning of Valentines Day so not quite keeping it in the rules, but will post anyway....

Think it was around 7am

SimAli;49447:
3686โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Taken from our back garden showing the Moon and Venus in close proximity - loved the colours and the silhouette of the tree :o

Really lovely pic @SimAli and great first entry too! ๐Ÿคฉ
@Bev The colour of the sky in your photos looks very appropriate for Valentine's Day! ๐Ÿ˜Š

You know what they say though - red sky in the morning, Shepherd's warning! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Took a few of the sky today whilst out walking in that amazing, glorious Spring sunshine ๐Ÿ‘โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ“ธ

Was hard to see when taking them, as didnโ€™t want to look directly at โ˜€๏ธ, but pleased how they turned out.

Last one. Nice theme ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒค๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Bev, you are getting really good at this photo business- really atmospheric pics. After so much wet weather, doesnโ€™t the sun lift our spirits. ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž
I had a similar urban adventure @Bev.
โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
Can anyone name this World Heritage site?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Saltaire near Shipley?
โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1028/
25 quid;49697:
Can anyone name this World Heritage site?
...and the winner of name the place 2020 is...

Wowza @woz
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Combo of hail and sunshine all day long today so knew be due one of these beauties sometime soon, but to see a complete one was magical ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

There it is again @woz
25 quid;49708:
...and the winner of name the place 2020 is...
Wowza @woz

Snapped on the commute in to PP HQ ๐Ÿคฉ (unfortunately the train window was a bit dirty!)

Still, great way to start the day ๐ŸŒž
โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Gorge pic, Nat, and arenโ€™t train windows (and seats ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„) always sooooooooooooooooo filthy ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Lovely uplifting pic Nataly - despite grubby windows. ๐Ÿšž ๐Ÿ‘
Greetings from the Alps ๐Ÿ”
โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ooooooh man! How gorgeous is that?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!! โ›ทโ›ทโ›ทโ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
This is probably the best sky picture:

๐Ÿป
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Very Nice, is it still Christmas..probably