Pure Planet Community photo challenge June 2021 - Nature and wildlife

Hi everyone, and welcome to June’s photo challenge! 

Last month saw a lovely pic from @schase win the ‘Patterns’ challenge - you can check out the winning photo here.:heart_eyes:

This month’s theme is ‘nature and wildlife’ - hopefully the sun keeps shining, so we can all get out & about and get some great photos. 

The PP team are also taking part in our own internal photo challenge for the month of June, with the same theme, so we’ll be sure to post some of those photos in this month’s thread, too. :smiley:

To kick things off, here’s one of mine of some goats enjoying the warm weather in Cheddar Gorge…

What is the photo challenge?
Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.
The winner is the photo with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can then pick the next month's theme.
Unsure how to upload a photo to a Community thread? Check out our how-to guide!

129 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Love the goats at Cheddar, Nat. They often look sooooooo precarious 😳🙈🐐🐐🐐🐐Adore Cheddar Gorge! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice pic @Nataly 

I need to get snapping 

Couldn’t resist posting the still from my recent time-lapse

The race

Or maybe: 

Ribbit!

From the pond.

Chas ‘n’ Dave are their names.

Newts - Chas and Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee hee, I get it 👍🍺🍻🥃🍸🍾🤪

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

All the family together. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The one on the left, with his beak open, Ange! Adorable! 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The one on the left, with his beak open, Ange! Adorable! 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

They were all on alert , cause someone walked past with a dog.....they weren't happy! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The field where we sometimes meet with the dog walkers. Wanted to snap it before it got mowed! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

When all the dogs are running and jumping around I’m always overcome by a strange compulsion to hum the theme tune to Little House on the prairie!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oooooh yeah, or the Black Beauty theme, OMG adorable 👍💕🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My Bluestone Pembrokeshire effort. 

Wow what a shot @David j, stunning!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Pure luck Mads 😂😂, thank you 👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Mid warble 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You couldn’t have timed that better, our Nanny! Superb shot 👍👍👍👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It may not be prudent to admit that I took about 10 shots, this was the better of an average lot :shrug_tone1:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

1st goldfinch chick in my garden 👍❤ 

I went to the beach for sunset last bank holiday Monday, it was glorious!

Badge +3

Finally managed to catch a glimpse of these guys on the NC500 trail :)

Amazing photo @myauntie, I’m so jealous! I would LOVE to do the NC500. It’s on the list of must-do’s… 

Whereabouts (roughly) on the trail was this taken? :heart_eyes:  

Badge +3

Thank you @Nataly - it was taken around Duncansby Stacks (you drive up and park at Duncansby Head lighthouse and it’s just a 10 minute walk along the coast :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Absolutely gorgeous pic, our Auntie! Adorable 💕💕💕👍👍👍👍, and what an experience! Magical.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@myauntie that is stunning.