Pure Planet Community photo challenge June 2019 - Something Old, Something New

June's photo challenge is upon us! (How are we halfway through the year already😕)

May's winner @David j has chosen the theme as 'Something Old, Something New'. :raisinghands:

This is the winning pic from May.

So how does the photo challenge work? Each month Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.
The winner is the pic with the best feedback and likes from others, and the winner gets to pick the next theme 🆒

Good luck with June's challenge everyone :D
And, if you're not sure how to upload a photo to a thread, just check out this how-to post 🆙

Remember to post your own photos, not Google's :rolleyes:

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Here is the “Old Magical Story Tree” in Clyne gardens Swansea (no, it’s not my reflection). Groups of children sit around the tree while being told a mystical story.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Ok i will lower the tone slightly. Does something old making something new count?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Brilliant, I like the lateral thinking😃. One “eagle eyed “ photographer 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
“Something Old, Something New”.

Let your imagination run riot - Old Buildings, Old Cars, Antiques - New Life, New Trainers New anything!!!!!

Jon 1 is already up to speed and letting imagination & interpretation run free!!! Great start 👍👍

All the best,
​Dai
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Love that tree, Dai! Pretty sure there’s a similar one in Paignton, South Devon 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
My contribution. Something OLD (My 80 year old parents) having a NEW experience, feeding the meercats at Kirkley Hall zooilogical gardens, on Sunday last.
They had a great time.
David j;30539:
Here is the “Old Magical Story Tree” in Clyne gardens Swansea (no, it’s not my reflection). Groups of children sit around the tree while being told a mystical story.

Love this!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Angelabikerbabe;30650:
My contribution. Something OLD (My 80 year old parents) having a NEW experience, feeding the meercats at Kirkley Hall zooilogical gardens, on Sunday last. 2243
They had a great time.

Really beautiful Ange 👍. Parents are beyond precious 💕, and I absolutely ADORE the meerkat 💕💕💕
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Great pic Angelabikerbabe, great to see your parents interacting with nature- thanks for sharing. 💓
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Bev’s comment really sums it up. 👍😄
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Yes Bev, I treasure every moment with them.
Bev;30668:
Really beautiful Ange ������. Parents are beyond precious ������, and I absolutely ADORE the meerkat ������������������
David j;30539:

​Here’s the ‘something new’ version ... the sprookjesboom or ‘fairytale tree’ in de Efteling, a themepark in the Netherlands. The fairytale tree speaks and interacts with visitors...
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Brilliant DutchCaerleon, new version indeed - looks amazing, I guess the children love it (and the adults).

Regards
​Dai
It's strangely captivating...

https://www.efteling.com/en/park/attractions/fairytale-forest/fairytale-tree

In fact, we liked the fairytale tree so much, we brought it back with us... 😂
:D

David j;30806:
Brilliant DutchCaerleon, new version indeed - looks amazing, I guess the children love it (and the adults).

Regards
​Dai
Here's an exciting something old something new... ;):raisinghands:

PP accounts on the web! Woohoo!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Very topical & extremely new - I like it 👍👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Way way way too jealous of those nails 💅ya bugger! On life Nat, I saw those before the actual subject 😂😂😂😂👍👏👏👏💅
Bev;31687:
Way way way too jealous of those nails 💅ya bugger! On life Nat, I saw those before the actual subject

;)) they're Fran's! She has the best shoes AND the best nails 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Ooooooooh Fran with the shoes! Yes, I remember! 👍👟💅👍👏. Impressed!
Have a photo you want to enter?

Don't forget - last few days of this month's photo challenge left! 🆒
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Wasn’t sure what I had for this category, then suddenly remembered my christening gift. So, something old, the first British Decimal Coins.....

Congrats to this month's winner @Angelabikerbabe with this very sweet photo ;-)))

Angelabikerbabe;30650:
My contribution. Something OLD (My 80 year old parents) having a NEW experience, feeding the meercats at Kirkley Hall zooilogical gardens, on Sunday last. 2243
They had a great time.

Really nice take on the 'something old something new' theme :raisinghands:

Would you like to choose the theme for July's photo challenge?🆒
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Well done, Ange 👏👏👏👏👏👏. Lovely sweet photo indeed 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Worthy winner- well done Angelabikerbabe (and you’re on your hols also, happy days). 😄🌞
Hey everyone

In light of @Angelabikerbabe being away on holiday atm, we've started July's photo challenge with the theme 'holiday' in honour of what she's currently up to:D