Pure Planet Community photo challenge July 2021 - Food

Hi everyone, and welcome to July’s photo challenge! :grinning:

Last month’s nature and wildlife theme saw plenty of amazing entries, inspiring us all to get outside and into nature. There were so many good photos that we even had a 3-way tie between @25 quid @Angelabikerbabe and @G4RHL. You can check out all the photos here.:sunglasses:

Between them, they’ve chosen July’s theme to be ‘food’ - I’m sure this’ll be a popular one. 

@Angelabikerbabe has already kicked things off with her snap of some delicious looking scones, yum! 

A proper Devon cream tea, I had on my holidays , yum yum it was ! (@Angelabikerbabe)

What is the photo challenge?
Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.
The winner is the photo with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can then pick the next month's theme.
Unsure how to upload a photo to a Community thread? Check out our how-to guide!

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A proper Devon cream tea, I had on my holidays , yum yum it was !

That is the Devon way is it not? Cornwall the jam is on the top? Anybody tried making their own clotted cream? So far as I know it is know more than double cream put in the oven for a short time. 

French style from one of my last ski trips!

Cream in the middle

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That is the Devon way is it not? Cornwall the jam is on the top? Anybody tried making their own clotted cream? So far as I know it is know more than double cream put in the oven for a short time. 

It is the Devon way @G4RHL , best way imo 👍 ( But let's not start a debate on it 🤣)

French style from one of my last ski trips!

Cream in the middle

That looks just a little rich and sickly. Leave the chocolate off!

We must have different taste @G4RHL - that looks like my absolute fav dessert :heart_eyes:  yum! 

It only took 47 black runs to burn off the calories too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What are black runs please? 🤷‍♀️

A gentle skiing pleasure down pretty mountain terrain and typically much easier than this!

Oh how we laughed!

Oh, back on track after my unhelpful fib, here was the food in the mountain refuge at the bottom:

Sorry Bev, not very vegan in the mountains

Oh, I think this was a black run, but for some reason we walked up it! 

To answer your question @Bev, have a look at https://www.skiclub.co.uk/info-and-advice/before-you-go/how-to-read-a-piste-map. It’s a colour code to tell you how entertaining a run might be. 😉 

Just looked up that exact location in Italy and reminded myself how much I miss skiing. There was more snow there when we skied it! 😊  

The red marker, er, marks the spot in the last picture.

More mountain desserts!

Low fat?
Love a bit of custard!
OK, that’s enough. Stop now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Like those, very arty, very posh 👍👍👍👏

Italians ya know! 😉 

Good coffee too!! ☕️

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

More mountain desserts!

Low fat?
Love a bit of custard!
OK, that’s enough. Stop now!

OMG!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What are black runs please? 🤷‍♀️

WOW, expert skier ⛷️@25 quid !

wow @25 quid for me it’s all about that meats and cheeses two layered board you’ve posted :heart_eyes: . All this has got me missing skiing in Switzerland! I’ll have to dig out some of my skiing food shots - we always have Raclette :cheese: utterly divine!

I’m not a regular Switzerland skier, but this is a 2015 Christmas evening view of a famous Swiss mountain. Thankfully you can ski into Italy from Zermatt and enjoy a coffee stop at a quarter the price. 😉 

Looking forward to your ski food shots @Mads...

The quality is quite bad as I had to screenshot a video - but this is my family’s wonderful raclette grill, with a huge wheel of raclette bubbling away beneath it. We eat the melted cheese with potatoes and different pickles, its delicious! This is a tradition in our family - it gets brought out every time we go to visit some of my family in Switzerland. @25 quid do you have raclette when you go skiing?

Fabulous!

Oh yes indeed @Mads! Cheese with everything! Sometimes we even do a DIY version in the UK with a Raclette Grill and little pans like this:

@25 quid I love the DIY version, that set looks amazing - when I was younger I used to love using the little pans for the cheese and seasoning it and popping it under the grill like a little chef haha!

Here’s one from my weekend away in Dorset last month. A strawberry tart with locally made strawberry ice cream, and a grilled marshmallow-meringue. Yuuum. :heart_eyes:

I’m looking forward to seeing others’ food pics - maybe they’ll give me some more inspiration for new recipes to try out! :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Gorgeous our Nat, presentation is key isn’t it? That looks soooooo wonderful. All local too, so makes a world of difference. 

Fabulous!

Oh yes indeed @Mads! Cheese with everything! Sometimes we even do a DIY version in the UK with a Raclette Grill and little pans like this:

Never tried that. Sounds nice