Pure Planet Community photo challenge July 2019 - Holiday

Hi everyone and welcome to July's photo challenge!🆒

Big congrats to @Angelabikerbabe who won June's challenge with a very sweet pic - check it out here :)

Usually the winner of the previous month's photo challenge would choose the theme, but as we know from her post in What made me happy today, @Angelabikerbabe is currently on holiday!
So in honour of her win and what she's currently up to we've decided to make this month's theme 'Holiday' - share your best/fav pics of anything holiday related - whether that's somewhere you've been on holiday, something that reminds you of holidays or even just a photo of the sunshine :rolleyes: (or the rain, whatever floats your boat!)

How does the photo challenge work? Each month Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.
The winner is the pic with the best feedback and likes from others, and the winner gets to pick the next theme;)

Good luck with July's photo challenge🆙
If you're not sure how to upload a photo to a thread just check out this how-to post :checkmark: Here's one of mine from my fav UK surfing spot, Woolacombe:o

​Remember to post your own photos, not Google's!:rolleyes:

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Great idea Nataly πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
My recent visit to my son in Philadelphia where I captured this picture in a Cape May diner πŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Last years fav holiday snap.
Jon1;32660:
Last years fav holiday snap.

Wow that's stunning! Where is it?
With the black and white it looks almost like a wedding venue imo :rolleyes:
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi nataly. Heres the Color version. Its the entrance lobby of the encore hotel vegas. Part of the christmas holiday theme.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Really stunning Jon πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. I too thought same as Nat re wedding when saw the B and W.

I guess, for this topic only, we have to waive the rules slightly, and say for this month only, the photograph does NOT have to have been taken this month πŸ‘
Something that definitely makes me think of holidays...

The bottom one was a lemon cocktail made with lemon sorbet... the yellow/green flakes on top are white choc... so good 🆒

Do certain foods/drinks make you think of holidays too?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Oh YES Nataly, lemon sorbet cocktail & white choc flakes yuuuuuuuumy πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Sounds simple, but when I walk passed the chip shop on corner on a hot day, it ALWAYS reminds me of childhood holidays, getting chips on a cool eve, after a red hot day of sunbathing πŸ‘πŸ‘

Also Walkers salt n vinegar crisp, with a fizzy drink, always remind me of going to countryside pub garden as a kid, playing on the climbing frame and swing whilst parents had half a shandy. Beautiful memories πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
It’s the simple things in life that matter and the ones we remember- nice post Bev πŸŒžπŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Thanks Dai and could not agree more πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
My favourite shot of last holiday, touring round a few Scottish Islands, camping with motorbike. We took a trip out to Staffa and met these guys πŸ˜€
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Captured a treat Jenny πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, divine photo πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ‘
JennyR68;33254:
2480My favourite shot of last holiday, touring round a few Scottish Islands, camping with motorbike. We took a trip out to Staffa and met these guys οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½

Beautiful shot! Wouldn't think it was Scotland... it almost looks... sunny?! :eek:

​
Had a 'holiday' from the office the other day. Involved walking through fields 'n stuff

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Now that is what sums up β€œidyllic” to me, and it’s WORKING πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€, way too lucky! πŸ‘πŸ‘
Nataly;33413:
Beautiful shot! Wouldn't think it was Scotland... it almost looks... sunny?! :eek:

​

We've been up last 2 years in May doing outer and inner Hebrides and had fantastic weather both times!May is the month to go!
Badge +1
July's been a very busy month for me and my family. We are an incredibly fortunate bunch and as much as I love them all I do like to get away on Ladybird, on my own, and recharge my psyche. This glorious sunset was taken while at anchor in Lochranza, a small inlet on the north coast of Arran.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Beyond gorgeous, Oaky πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, sooooooooo idyllic, and on your own too πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, bliss.
Oakbank;34109:
July's been a very busy month for me and my family. We are an incredibly fortunate bunch and as much as I love them all I do like to get away on Ladybird, on my own, and recharge my psyche. This glorious sunset was taken while at anchor in Lochranza, a small inlet on the north coast of Arran.

:eek: can I save this as my desktop background?😂
​Beautiful sunset!
Badge +1
Nataly;34140:
:eek: can I save this as my desktop background?😂 ​Beautiful sunset!

Of course you can. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Brill pic Oakbank πŸ‘πŸ‘
Oakbank;34109:

This month's winner is @Oakbank with this stunning photo! ❤

He's chosen August's them to be 'Human Powered Transport'...

​Good luck!
Badge +1
Thanks everyone who voted for me.

As Nataly said, this month's theme is a green theme, 'Human Powered Transport'. Toddlers on balance bikes, teenagers on skateboards, MAMILs (Middle Aged Men in Lycra), seaside pedaloes, pedal powered aeroplanes . . . and anything in between.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Well done Oaky πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŒ„, and great new topic πŸ‘πŸ‚πŸš£*β™€οΈπŸ‡πŸš΄*♀️