Pure Planet Community photo challenge December 2021 - Winter Scenes

• 1 December 2021
  • 50 replies

• Former Community Manager
  • 4002 replies

Hi everyone, and welcome to December’s Community photo challenge! :relaxed:

Last month’s November challenge was all about the stars of the Community - all of you. We had some great photos shared, so a big thank you to everyone who took part. :heart_eyes:

This month’s theme is all about Winter Scenes - so that can be anything you fancy, really, from Christmassy lights, to snow and ice. Whatever represents the Winter season for you. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s pics. :snowflake:

thanks to pixabay for the image!

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Work today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oooooooh soooooooooo idyllic! You went from your gorgeous farm, to equally idyllic settings in Germany our Mave! Sooooo stunning! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️👍

Userlevel 6
Badge

I am poised and ready with my camera phone to get a snap of the snow… if it ever falls during sociable hours!  I woke up last night (cat doing zoomies around my room and the hallway :joy: ) and I noticed it was snowing, but when I checked this morning it was a mere dusting and not really worth the effort!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s so pretty 🥰 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey Jenny’s back! 👍We had tiny sprinkling 3am, Jenny, but solid ice ❄️⛸this morning. The sun ☀️is divine💕, but raw temps. Stunning deep blue skies, truly gorgeous. I think you are in Scotland, can’t remember, but hope you get lots, and then some great photos📸🤳. It’s so much fun being out in it, in full attire 🧤🧣🧦👢isn’t it, taking snaps. Love it. Great you’re sticking around, Jenny! 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 6
Badge

Bev!  Hello!  Same here.  Walter (my cat :heart_eyes: ) is sunning himself on the window sill and has plonked himself amongst my spider plant babies :joy:  it’s his favourite place to be!

You’re absolutely right, I’m in Scotland!  One of my most favourite things is when we get snow up above the knee, and going out for a hike down to the supermarket!  One year it was so bad that I had to carry a bag of kitty litter two miles, UP HILL all the way!

Thank you for the lovely warm welcome, Bev! :blush:

Jet away

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Bet you’re eager to get back on those slopes our Notes! Poised and ready for the go ahead! ⛷⛷⛷

Badge +5

Here you go. Somebody suggested I post this here. It was @Bev I think. Not enough snow this morning for a proper snow scene. I could do a picture of my balls! Well my wife, wanting to put the tree 🌲 up did ask me to get my balls from the loft! I was not aware they were up there. After all it’s 0.5C in the loft at present!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I am seriously LOL (oxymoron alert!) but I soooooo don’t want to be 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. I did larf at our Marcus reference to you our Rich, in the Nivember summary. We know you so well hee 😉

But yes, gorgeous photograph. Too good to hide it away. Perfect for this comp indeed. Fab our Rich 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Now go and hunt for those balls 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Badge +5

@Bev They won’t be difficult to find, it is so cold up there I’ll hear them banging together. 

Bet you’re eager to get back on those slopes our Notes! Poised and ready for the go ahead! ⛷⛷⛷

Got flights booked for mid January, but not sure how practical it will be to actually do it. The Swiss were asking for 10 day quarantine on arrival in Geneva, makes a week in France tricky! They have changed the rules since, but all might change again...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Lovely winter sunset as I left the Hospital this evening 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Loving the thin black branches our Scubes against the sunset. Stunning 👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you @Bev 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Stunning pink skies on this raw Monday morning ❄️💕❄️💕❄️💕❄️💕

Two degrees brrrrrrrrrrr🧣🧤❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️💕

Loving this challenge - what beautiful scenes :heart_eyes: !

I went to Cambridge this weekend to visit my friend who is studying there, she took me around the colleges and they were truly stunning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Absolutely stunning location Mads, truly gorgeous grounds and photos 👏👏👏👏👏

My Auntie and uncle lived Cambridge all thru my childhood. Wonderful place to visit. Their catering careers took them to Devon, but 5 years ago, they moved back to retire to Grantchester. They adore it. 

Really lovely pics 👍👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Lovely @Mads 

Not a great pic as it’s the ole phone camera, but there was a little castle all lit up on the edge of Bristol and I thought it was a lovely Christmassy scene!

kinda moody too 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Phone cameras take brilliant photos our Mads, and that is no exception👏! It’s like in a film🎬, all the family arriving in their car, full of festive cheer, seeing their destination all lit up. Then boom ya bugger, turns into a horror! Hee hee.  

That is a lovely photo 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍

I love that idea @Bev, perhaps you should write that story!

Badge +5

I find to post a photo here that has been taken on my iPhone I have to reduce the file size as otherwise the system rejects it, but yes, the quality is fantastic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee our Mads 📖📝

Gorgeous decoration, Rich. Chatsworth? 👍

Badge +5

Yup, a small plastic bird hanging in a window.