Pure Planet Community photo challenge December 2020 - Festive Sparkle

• 1 December 2020
  • 34 replies

Hi everyone and welcome to December’s Community photo challenge! :sunglasses:

November’s ‘Autumn’ photo challenge saw lots of beautiful and varied entries - ranging from Autumn leaves, to horses in the field, to bubbles! 

Shout out to @David j for not one but two lots of Autumn photos receiving lots of love. Check out the winning photos here.:slight_smile:

He’s chosen December’s theme to be ‘Festive Sparkle’ - happy snapping! 

To kick things off, here’s a photo of the snowman by our front door, in his 5th year of greeting anyone who stops by throughout December. 

The friendliest bouncer you ever did see

What is the photo challenge?
Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.
The winner is the photo with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can then pick the next month's theme.
Unsure how to upload a photo to a Community thread? Check out our how-to guide!

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great start Nataly 👍👍. 
OK, remember that “Festive Sparkle “ can be any pics of Christmas, Christmas decorations, illuminated homes etc etc. 

To start, this is a pic from my daughter’s home, she applies a minimalist approach 😄😄,  and the decorations are not completed yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

A couple of “Naughty Elves “ at my daughter’s home. 😆😆

Oh, this is daughter No 2 btw. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No indoor sparkle at Waddesdon Manor this year, but the outdoor lighting opened tonight, looking forward to making a visit. And hopefully get some good photos!

A couple of the streets near us have gone all out with all of the houses putting lights up - I’ll be sure to head out for a walk one night next week to get a photo of them! :heart_eyes:

Loving the elves @David j :joy:

It’s a shame about Waddesdon @stephenrand, but would be lovely to see their outdoor lights! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I used to love the street in Burnham that did that Nat, year after year after year, for Trinity charity, but last year authorities stopped it due to traffic and H & S, but it was always a wonderful evening trip whenever I visited parents 👍👏💕

Spectacular 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Definitely Festive Sparkle @Bev 💥💫🎉

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Where's my sunglasses?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My home ( no, not a Christmas Grotto)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

What a display Angelabikerbabe, you take it seriously 👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

What a display Angelabikerbabe, you take it seriously 👏👏👏

Thats only 1 room @David j , there's more in the next room and in the windows  we do like our lights! But this is my favourite pic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That is soooooooooo impressive, Ange 🙀🙀🙀🙀👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏, must take you sooooo long! A lot of hard effort, but absolutely worth it! Looks incredible! 👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Impressive Angelabikerbabe 🎉🎉

A homemade ocean-themed bauble now hanging on the Christmas tree!

Seaside Xmas bauble

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Homemade, excellent 👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Wowsa that’s impressive! Love that beauty 🙀💕👏👏👏👏👏👏

These may be lacking sparkle, but they’re Christmassy! We made some ‘salt clay’ over the weekend, which once dried or baked can be used to make tree decorations :slight_smile: (and is also something to do in Tier 3 lockdown...) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

They’re all sooooooo gorge! You’re soooooo talented, Nat! Love love love those candy sticks 👏👏👏👏, and the gingerbread men are delightful. Think my favourite tho, is the pink Merry Christmas! Really super 👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

These may be lacking sparkle, but they’re Christmassy! We made some ‘salt clay’ over the weekend, which once dried or baked can be used to make tree decorations :slight_smile: (and is also something to do in Tier 3 lockdown...) 

Are these for your new home Nataly?

Maybe next year @David j, I think it’ll be another month or two before we can move in to our new place :grinning:

Userlevel 3

Hope this pic fits the ‘cat’egory of Festive Sparkle 😊🚨🕯🎄

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Purrrrrfect Kate 👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 3

🤣🤣🐈

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely gorgeous Kate 👏👍💕

Badge +1

Dixi wondering why the heck there's a tree in the house.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Dixi is soooooooooooooooo cute! 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕👍👏👏👏👏👏