Pure Planet Community photo challenge April 2020 - Lockdown

Hi everyone and welcome to April's photo challenge πŸ™‚

Last month's 'Skies' photo challenge saw lots of fantastic entries with some lovely cloud-free skies, sunsets and even helicopters!
@Bev @25 quid and @SimAli were joint winners - all their pics were just too good to decide a winner, clearly!🀩 You can check out all their snaps here.

Thanks to @Bev for suggesting this month's photo challenge theme, Lockdown.

Clearly, life is a little bit different at the moment! In @Bev's words, we can use this theme to take photos of anything lockdown-related, like indoor exercise, your once a day outdoor walk, pets, cooking, self portrait (if you’re brave!), anything really that captures this month of very strange uncertain times. And as @25 quid suggested, you could also snap your local Church, to acknowledge Easter! 🐣

Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos - let's try and shed some positive light on this lockdown we find ourselves in!

To kick things off, here's a photo I took on my walk around the neighbourhood, as it helped me appreciate the beauty nearby and that you don't always need to travel far to see it! πŸ™‚

What is the photo challenge?
Each month, Community members take photos based on a theme and share them in a thread.

The winner is the photo with the best feedback and likes from other members, and the winner can then pick the next month's theme.

Unsure how to upload a photo to a Community thread? Check out our how-to guide!πŸ“Έ

86 replies

I can’t remember, was it knockdown, falldown or lichendown?

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
Just in passing...
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Considering we were supposed to be going on a cruise tomorrow and probably won't be going abroad at all this year (although fingers crossed for Greece in August! although doubtful) I bought us a hot tub to self-isolate in style :)

BTW πŸ‘‹ hello again everyone - took me a while to figure out how to get back into the community considering I left PP (although might be making my way back soon!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Lockdown but still got my weekly M&S to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
great, while you're there can you pick up few bits for me? I'm being held hostage...
Jon1;51422:
Lockdown but still got my weekly M&S to do. 3929
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
This store is on retail park where all the other shops are closed so no one really goes, queue for tesco at next roundabout was huge, here they got so much stock its being marked down before its out of date. Its a funny old world really.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
MrSmart;51378:

Considering we were supposed to be going on a cruise tomorrow and probably won't be going abroad at all this year (although fingers crossed for Greece in August! although doubtful) I bought us a hot tub to self-isolate in style :)

Love the Hot tub MrSmart - don’t get to wrinkly πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi 25 quid, I see you are thinking outside the box on your interpretation- great pics πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Asda queue this morning

and right round the car oark. Took over an hour to reach the store entrance

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
But pleased to say these little bad boys back in stock! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
So, it might be cancelled for another year, but still got my memorabilia and memories to enjoy πŸ’•πŸŽΎπŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I am off out to book my punnet of strawberries πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“
MrSmart;51378:

BTW πŸ‘‹ hello again everyone - took me a while to figure out how to get back into the community considering I left PP (although might be making my way back soon!)

Has anyone else noticed the dog in the corner of this photo? 😁

Love it @MrSmart! Perfect for the weather this week 🌞
Loving the Wimbledon memorabilia @Bev - I heard they'll be showing Andy Murray's winning 2013 game on the BBC over the summer πŸ‘
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Nataly;51657:
Has anyone else noticed the dog in the corner of this photo? 😁

Love it @MrSmart! Perfect for the weather this week 🌞

Yes, he loves a good photobomb!
It seems everyone's had the same idea - you have to queue to get into the Lay-Z-Spa website now - crazy! Glad I got mine when I did.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Cute! I had to zoom right in to see him bless πŸ’•πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
When the supermarket feels way too risky, just bake your own bread.

This is a fave of mine, it’s cayenne pepper bread

I’m just gonna try a cosy slice, whilst watching Escape To The Chateau!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
cureveball...
​​​​​​​Does yeast go out of date? Got some but not sure whether it will work?
woz;51684:
cureveball...
​​​​​​​Does yeast go out of date? Got some but not sure whether it will work?

I went through this on the weekend while making up some naan bread from scratch - if you have a box with 7g sachets, the easiest thing to do is test one of those sachets.

Pour it into a bowl of warm water - if it starts to bubble after a few minutes, the yeast is good. If not, it's no good and your bread wouldn't rise!

Forgot to take a photo of the naan bread results!🀦 It was all eaten too quickly...
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Spooky πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘», this recipe doesn’t use yeast, but it does use flour. I had three packs of different types, and I sooooooooo rarely bake, and the Best Before dates were April 2016, October 2017 and May 2015!!!!!!! No lie πŸ™€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I binned two but risked the 2017. On life, absolutely delicious πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks Nat
Nataly;51688:
I went through this on the weekend while making up some naan bread from scratch - if you have a box with 7g sachets, the easiest thing to do is test one of those sachets.

Pour it into a bowl of warm water - if it starts to bubble after a few minutes, the yeast is good. If not, it's no good and your bread wouldn't rise!

Forgot to take a photo of the naan bread results!🀦 It was all eaten too quickly...
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks Bev
Bev;51698:
Spooky πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘», this recipe doesn’t use yeast, but it does use flour. I had three packs of different types, and I sooooooooo rarely bake, and the Best Before dates were April 2016, October 2017 and May 2015!!!!!!! No lie πŸ™€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I binned two but risked the 2017. On life, absolutely delicious πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Feeling very lucky to have this right on our doorstep!

And don't worry - I live with the other people in this photo.πŸ˜‡ Snapped on one of our daily walks 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
You are indeed very lucky Nat. Beautiful πŸ‘

Prism I captured whilst cleaning windows today

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
And balcony windows being cleaned