Postgraduate research - short survey request - Uni of Exeter

• 6 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I need someone from your company to help me in answering a short survey.

Much appreciated,
​Ghas

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi gada.

Im guessing this is something you will need to send by post. Address at bottom of app. This is just a public forum for customers of PP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Ghas, please don’t take this the wrong way but wouldn’t it have been better phrased to ask if it was possible that someone from PP might be able to help your research by answering a short survey, if i received a request phrased as yours I would be less inclined to help. That said if you send a direct message to marc or natal , little envelope top right i’m sure they’ll pass on the request.
GADA;34751:
Hello,

I need someone from your company to help me in answering a short survey.

Much appreciated,
​Ghas
Hi Woz,
My apologies, I agree with you actually. After I read my post, I can see how it doesn't look like a proper nice request. I think it's because I've been trying with many companies for a while now, and I'm finding it really difficult to get responses to my survey.

I will send a proper request again.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
good luck with the survey
(it should have said nataly not natal - sorr dodg keboard)
GADA;34884:
Hi Woz,
My apologies, I agree with you actually. After I read my post, I can see how it doesn't look like a proper nice request. I think it's because I've been trying with many companies for a while now, and I'm finding it really difficult to get responses to my survey.

I will send a proper request again.

Thanks
Hi Ghaz.

Assuming you are willing to take advice from someone who is in the possession of a mere History degree.

May I suggest that you create a template document, that you can the copy and paste when you need to make your requests.

Then you can modify the names/details as necessary.

I doesn't have to be overly 'wordy,' but starting something with the lines...

Dear Sir or Madam

My name is ........; as part of my Postgraduate research at the University Of Exeter, I am ......

I would be most grateful if you would be willing to help me with my research by answering the following short survey, which does not require any commercially sensitive information.

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance in this matter.

Yours Faithfully.

Should help you get a better response.

I know, you have deadlines, and you are stressed to high heaven, but businesses expect a certain level of behaviour with these things, or they just go in the bin.

If you've got anything you can add which may 'sweeten the deal' such as 'this research will be used to help the industry achieve....' - it's worth a go sticking that in as well.

Just don't make it too long.

Regards

Gwynd
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
A mere History degree, so presumably from Knutsford?
Is that better than having an ology? :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC_-r-J69qA
Gwyndy;35078:
Hi Ghaz.

Assuming you are willing to take advice from someone who is in the possession of a mere History degree.

May I suggest that you create a template document, that you can the copy and paste when you need to make your requests.

Then you can modify the names/details as necessary.

I doesn't have to be overly 'wordy,' but starting something with the lines...

Should help you get a better response.

I know, you have deadlines, and you are stressed to high heaven, but businesses expect a certain level of behaviour with these things, or they just go in the bin.

If you've got anything you can add which may 'sweeten the deal' such as 'this research will be used to help the industry achieve....' - it's worth a go sticking that in as well.

Just don't make it too long.

Regards

Gwynd