POLLY TIME! roadmap out of lockdown!

• 25 February 2021
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9021 replies

Now we have an idea of the roadmap out of lockdown, and the potential of moving forwards, away from the pandemic, do you think you will take any of the hygiene measures forward too? 🤷‍♀️👍👎🤷‍♀️

With the Roadmap in place, will you be taking anything from this pandemic?

18 replies

Great poll @Bev 

I just realised next month will a whole year since the PP team left the office, started workng from home.

Safe to say we had no idea it was going to be this big.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely Marc, who knew eh?  😳

Its almost a year that I had my annual diabetes review, and vividly remember (as all consultants do), him shaking my hand, and me saying, jokingly  “should we be doing this?” as nobody realised the seriousness. We larfed, and two weeks later, full lockdown! I’ve just had letter to say this years review will be by ☎️. Nobody could possibly have realised the enormity.

Badge +2

Great poll Bev 👍 

I've gone 12 months without so much as a cold.  Which I am so grateful of. 

I'm definitely going to keep up the good hygiene practices that have become the norm. 

I won't miss the masks though.

I do love working from home 🏡 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think it’s fantastic, Jo, how there have been ZERO hospital admissions for flu this winter, due to the hygiene standards, masks and distancing. I mean, that speaks volumes, and I’ve hardly heard a single person cough or sneeze in a year, that’s no lie! 

I have heard soooooo many people saying how much they love WFH and how much easier it makes life. It certainly makes sense if they can do the same job from home as in the office. 

Good to hear, Jo 👏👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for all the votes so far 👏👍

Come on newbies, don’t be shy, please feel free to add your vote ✔️🗳

I can’t imagine being on a packed commuter train without a mask now, to be honest! But we’ll see as time moves on how many of these hygiene measures stick. 

A friend pointed out to me that she doesn’t understand why we never wore masks to GP appointments in the past, as surely it makes sense to do that when you know you’re going to an area with higher risk of ill people :face_palm:

I’ve always carried hand sanitiser round with me in my bag, but think I’ll be much more strict on using it in future! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Couldn’t agree more Nat, I’ve always sooooo wondered why masks 😷😷😷not compulsory in NHS environments, where soooo many contagious people 🤮🤢🤧🤕🗣and surfaces. Why why why it can’t be the norm like in Asia, astounds and saddens me. I’d happily wear one, and would deffo consider doing so on trains🚇🚊🚂 in future, but it’s like everything - as soon as majority stop (which they’re bound to do, unless it’s made law) then you just stand out. I don’t really care about that, but it’d make life soooo much easier and 100% safer if it was just made law, or even strongly advised! Trains are filthy things at the best of times, seats covered in dirt and hair, so do not want to think how many germs are on the doors, tables and handrails! 

Like you Nat, ALWAYS used sanitiser religiously for years, and was COVID ready really with space awareness and hygiene of surfaces etc, but I do truly fear it’ll be all forgotten by, I’d guess, 80% maybe higher, of the population in this nation especially, as soon as July comes. 

Do seriously fear this winter, if that’s the case, after a summer of endless travel and freedom, IF it does actually happen. I predict, once schools reopen, and more restrictions lifted, we could end up going back a step or two as numbers rise again, but only time will tell. It all purely depends on how meticulous people stay 👍👏🤷‍♀️🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And forgot to add, with the Hands Face Space initiative, it’s totally eracticated flu over the twelve months, and hardly heard a cough or a sneeze in that time either! Speaks volumes, surely!

🤷‍♀️😷✅, 🤝❌,.   ⬅️2️⃣➡️

Badge

And forgot to add, with the Hands Face Space initiative, it’s totally eracticated flu over the twelve months, and hardly heard a cough or a sneeze in that time either! Speaks volumes, surely!

🤷‍♀️😷✅, 🤝❌,.   ⬅️2️⃣➡️

The lack of flu is mainly related to the lack of travel, mainly foreign travel.

The flu virus mutates over a season and different mutations in different countries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Makes a big difference indeed, Ohit. I think the key this summer, unless we want another winter like this one, will be staycations 👍

So the start of the roadmap out of lockdown begins today, with children returning to school. Let’s see how things progress over the next few weeks! 

I know my boyfriend is very excited at the thought of gyms reopening next month - this is our home-gym and it’s not quite the same :sweat_smile:

our home gym

Anyone else daring to feel hopeful?:grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s impressive tho Nat! 🙀👍👏🧘‍♂️🤸‍♂️🏋️‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think I’ll feel more confident re the lifting of restrictions once the second doses soar. Especially re the elderly. Think that’ll give us a lot more hope and reassurance heading into summer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello all. Over here in germany FFP2 masks are the only ones allowed and the geneal feeling is that they will stay even after lockdown in public places and on transport like trains etc etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sooooooo wish that’d happen here our Mave. Right idea, Europe. Whenever they show Europe on news re people having vaccines etc, they’re always in FFP2 and FFP3 masks. I only wear FFP3 but no chance here of them doing that, as most can’t even embrace the wearing of a thin surgical ear looped mask 😷

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

100 note fine here for not wearing one. No exception allowed even on medical grounds. In theory if your too ill to wear a mask then you shold not be outside. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Love their rules already. No chance here with Molly coddling Boris!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

100 note fine here for not wearing one. No exception allowed even on medical grounds. In theory if your too ill to wear a mask then you shold not be outside. 

Unfortunately, the exemptions on medical grounds are too easily abused, you don't even have to prove the exemption and you can't even be questioned if you say say you are exempt