POLLY TIME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! Eating times 🥗🥘🍦🥣🍟

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9021 replies

So, now so many are working from home, or simply staying at home due to lockdown / furlough, has this changed what / when you eat? 🤷‍♀️

Do you think this pandemic has changed your eating habits in any way? 🤷‍♀️

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Unfortunately, I can't take part in this, as I have just kept going to work as normal ☹

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Well done you, Ange 👏👏👏👏👏. I remember you saying you’d struggled in in the snow, care to share what you do 🤷‍♀️, you don’t have to of course 👍

Cool poll @Bev 

I’ve put on about half a stone in lockdown. For some reason I can’t remember when the 1st lockdown happened (nearly a year ago now!) I took it as a signal that I needed to eat about a loaf of bread a day. 

Managed to lose it over the summer, but Christmas was, erm, excessive. So I’m now on a mission to be much more healthy, really stick to (mostly) plants and avoid processed foods.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks Marc 👍, oooooh yes your excessive 🍫and 🧀Christmas 🤣🤭🤭🤭

I’ve deffo noticed less of a craving for carbs since lockdown, with doing a lot less. My body doesn’t seem to be noticing tho 😖but will keep persevering. Like you, lots of plant based foods. Grains, pulses, and fresh veggies 👍👍👍. 

Cool poll @Bev 

I’ve put on about half a stone in lockdown. For some reason I can’t remember when the 1st lockdown happened (nearly a year ago now!) I took it as a signal that I needed to eat about a loaf of bread a day. 

I wondered where my half stone went! I’m looking forward to getting back on the Ale! 🍺🍻

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is that quite light for a blokey our 25notes 🤷‍♀️👍?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev he’s only 4 foot 6  :robot:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Penance to follow...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev he’s only 4 foot 6  :robot:

🤣

Cool poll @Bev 

Managed to lose it over the summer, but Christmas was, erm, excessive. So I’m now on a mission to be much more healthy, really stick to (mostly) plants and avoid processed foods.

23rd March 2020 was the start of the first.

I’m 64.5kgs and it stays very much the same.

Interesting poll @Bev :grinning:

Think I’m eating much less overall, but I used to leave the house at 7 and get home 12 hours later, so I had much more need to eat for fuel than I do now. 

I’ve got a weird mix of my meals being much healthier and better planned, but also defo having a treat most days. Last week it was mint cornetto’s :joy: .

I’ve actually had much more time to exercise though, so it’s tipped over into the healthier end of the scale for me! 

My weight went up a little when I retired but it was nothing to do with being less stressed and more relaxed, but walking. In my professional life a great part of my day was spent standing up. I would sit down for clients but dictated letters and stuff walking around the office. I often found it easier looking at files standing up. Sometimes spread across the flow! I ought to have had a rise and fall desk!

Breakfast I don’t bother with, lunch is very light and usually one course home cooked evening meal. Plus of course the odd G&T or two and at weekends a couple of bottles of beer. If the pubs were open I would be suitably breaking my walks en route! Something to look forward to! If they reopen! I know one good haunt in the City is not going to.

All good!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I was walking to and from the office each day, which was a one hour walk each way, so now just doing my hall runs 🤣, so like you Nat, need lot less fuel. Like you Richard, I did a lot of walking around the office, up and down stairs, lifting too, whereas now so much less. So like you, usually tend to skip breakfast, never hungry, very light lunch, or just light snacks at different times, then one healthy larger meal, usually evening or slightly earlier. 

It’s definitely subtly changed when and how much I eat, and I think being home allows more freshly cooked things, so prob even healthier. Just lot less active. Trying hard tho. 

You tend to eat less as you age as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Very true, Richard, very true 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And sometimes, when the body craves that bowl of Mccain chips, with salt n vinegar, you just have to listen 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Like just now! Soooooooo delicious! Rare treat, but yummy! 🍟👍🤣

@Bev if you have a craving, sometimes it’s way better to enjoy it. Life’s too short not to :grin:

That being said, if you’re craving unhealthy food 5 times a day maybe it’s better only to give in once though :joy: 

We have 3 ‘proper’ meals a day - our evening meal is defo always the biggest though. I can’t sleep if I feel hungry! What’s decreased most for me since lockdown is the number of snacks. I now have none at all, or one between lunch and dinner if I’m struggling. When commuting into the office I need to snack throughout the day though, without doubt. 

Does anyone else have a go-to snack? Mine is apple with peanut butter at the mo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Agree Nat, pleased to say I nearly ALWAYS crave healthy, that’s no lie! Craved grains yesterday morning, and ended up having tiny bowl of quinoa for breakfast 😂😂😂😂😂😂👍

Have to say, I sooooo went thru a phase of eating sliced 🍏with peanut butter! The more sour the 🍏, the better the combo, so tended to always use Granny Smiths. Always only ever buy the wholewheat peanut butter too, forgotten the brand now, you know the ones. Much healthier and taste nicer. Oooooh is it Whole Earth? 🤷‍♀️Might be, I think. 

Quite proud, Cos apart from the 🍟, most of the weekend eating was healthy stuff, and without effort too. If your body is actually WANTING the healthy fresh foods, thats always a good sign IMO 👏👍

As for the Go To snack 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔, one big vice 🤭🙄, always crisps. If don’t crave them tho, I can leave em for weeks. But if body needs salt, it’ll tell me. Big time! 

Apple and Peanut butter!? Hmmm, might have to try that...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Slice the 🍏our 25 notes. Truly is a winning, yummy combo 💕👍👍👏👏

Celery and PB is a winner too :smile:

Everything about Celery is perfect, the colour, the shape, the texture, the sound, the dipability. However, why does it have to taste so disgusting? It taints any dish it’s in and makes me want to 🤮!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oooooh it doesn’t our 25 notes, it’s got a smashing taste, especially in soups. Maybe you’d prefer celeriac? I love both.