POLL: Will you have the COVID-19 vaccination if it becomes available?

• Community Manager
  • 6681 replies

If and when it becomes available, will you be having the COVID vaccination?

Scientists are frantically working on producing a vaccination that will provide immunisation against the Corona virus, COVID 19.

[Note. Poll posted on behalf of @Bev who had a bit of a technical meltdown :laughing::wink:]

If and when it becomes available, will you be having the COVID vaccination?

75 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Its kinda been agreed that if paying means i get one faster than waiting in the queue then i will be happy to pay. I work for elderly people and have daily contact with them so i think it would be incredibly selfish to not get one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks Marc! 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏

Agree Jonny, it’s not just ourselves we need to think of, it’s all the vulnerable around us, and that’s been since day one, not just in relation to the vaccine 💉.

Sadly, way way way too many people right now, seeing it all as fully over, or that it won’t affect them, so why take any sensible precautions? Beggars belief, but sadly this has shown the true colours of so many of our human race, particulatly this nation. 

Come on anti-vaxxers, show yourselves! 

😈

I would be more interested in an antibody test first.

If I’m negative for the antibody, I’d sign up for the vaccine, to prevent spread. 

I won't be having a rushed through vaccine. I don't think that is a safe thing to do. 

I have multiple food intolerances so am very conscious of what I put in my body. I use organic produce only and use clean cosmetics and cleaning products. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I suspect we won’t see a vaccine this side of Christmas notwithstanding President Putin. It’s a wonder Donald Trump has not said the USA are ahead of the game! He is probably working on the bleach approach.

I am, I think, fit and healthy, way over the age point, we’ll over, but will get the vaccine when it becomes available more to help protect others from me and in particular some vulnerable people I visit.

I am booked in for the flu vaccine. Whether that is needed remains to be seen if we are all keeping our distance, washing our hands etc. I still meet people who firmly believe you can catch the flu from the vaccine! The anti vaxers possibly are adopting a selfish approach as well as an ignorant one. If it had not been for vaccines when I was younger I would not be above the turf now!

Userlevel 3

I’d normally be first in the queue but rushing a vaccine by cutting short the testing periods.. I’ll wait a bit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Come on anti-vaxxers, show yourselves! 

😈

Just curious, when was the last time you walked into pub and shouted “I don’t like your face...”?

What happened after that? (assuming you can remember)

Nice to see a couple poking their heads above the parapet. 

And yes, could be an issue. I have been glassed in a locals’ pub I visited once. I never returned. The perp got 3 years.

On another occasion a bouncer punched me in face in a student pub. I saw Mr Boggle in court.

Maybe I should keep quieter...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Nice to see a couple poking their heads above the parapet. 

And yes, could be an issue. I have been glassed in a locals’ pub I visited once. I never returned. The perp got 3 years.

On another occasion a bouncer punched me in face in a student pub. I saw Mr Boggle in court.

Maybe I should keep quieter...

nooo, what fun would that be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So 25 quid. 

Where do you live remind me never to go, having said that i spent me early years split between watford and canning town, so you quickly learn the local customs and turn a blind eye to what you see. 

Who me govner i saw f'all 

Userlevel 4

I'm unsure because there's so much we don't know, 

I pay for the flu jab each year  as I was hospitalised a couple of years back with that bird flu.

On one hand I'm thinking I never want to feel like that again  and if this is worse than normal flu, I really don't want it.

But on the other, is it really safe to basically be a guinea pig? 

Not an easy decision 🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 3

I suspect we won’t see a vaccine this side of Christmas notwithstanding President Putin.

Which is going to lead to some interesting issues - Boris will have to tell everyone they can’t visit relatives over christmas, christmas shopping will have to be socially distanced which creates problems for stores which rely it being their busiest time…

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I truly think Christmas will indeed be sooooooooooo different this year

I think so too - online retailers will do very well out of it though! 

Hopefully families will be able to see each other, but we’ll see :fingers_crossed:

My family are making sure to get the flu vaccine this year - the hope is more will get that vaccine and help keep NHS occupation lower than normal!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Gosh my parents sooooooo said same re flu vaccine 💉💉! If sanitising and hygiene continues at a high level, we’ll hopefully see a lot lot lot less of the dreaded autumn winter cold and flu bugs now tho.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Has anyone had their vaccine yet???

My mum had it on Tuesday.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No, but my  mam and dad (both 81) are getting their first on sunday,  thank the lord .👍

My folks both had it Tuesday. The Pfizer one. Getting their second jab in a few weeks. They’re both quite relieved to have got it.:slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I'm just wondering whether my mam and dad will have their 2nd one in 3 weeks or they have to wait 12 weeks. 

Won't know until they go 😡

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Don’t like Corona. It has little taste and the concept of drinking it from dirty bottles does not appeal!

Seriously though, quite a number I know have been jabbed and had their second one. One couple, not over 80, no health issues jumped the queue it seems when advised by a relative there had been a couple of cancellations, non attendances and thus potential vacancies.

I am in the age profile for reasonably early inoculation but no rush, I can wait. I am not though concerned that I may be injected with a micro chip. Is the mentality of those who so believe the same as those who think Trump is wonderful or become convinced various religious doctrines are right, that 5G masts give you the bug, that the earth is flat?

Yes, they are. 🤯

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eager for my parents to have it. Not been called yet but hopefully they’ll be soon. Think it’s sooooo stressful worrying more re precious ones than ourselves. Altho it’s ALL stressful of course. 

I’m hoping they (and me) get the Pfizer, but wasn’t aware they told you, so that’s encouraging, Marc 👍

One thing I do know, is no way do I want it thru a car window, in pouring rain, in a car park by a volunteer with two A levels. I want fully qualified nurse at surgery, who’s done vaccinations for years 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If my parents were alive they both would say “we are not an urgent case.”

It seems I don’t qualify to give you your vaccination @Bev for I only have one A level!

[In my professional life I avoided appointing people with First Class Honours Degrees. Today they are now about the same as Second Class used to be!]