Poll Track & Trace and the Police

• 18 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 8837 replies

Do you think people who have been told to self-isolate through NHS Test and Trace should have their contact details shared with Police?

If the public know this information may be shared will it lead to a better or worse outcome for Track & Trace?

Should Police be allowed access to Track & Trace information?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54586897

As I understand it, 'Test and Trace’ despite the ‘NHS’ moniker, is not run by the NHS, it’s run by a variety of organisations, including serial make a mess of things - Serco, and is only contacting approximately 2/3rds of the people who’ve been in contact withn someone tested positive for CoVid, if police involvement gets that percentage up, then surely it’s a good thing.

However, police involvement will only serve to convince those who believe 'it's all a control conspiracy’ that they are right.

I thing this is one of those things where the government’s damned whatever they do.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I have no objection.  Why should we fear the police calling. If the law has been obeyed there is no issue.

The sooner there is a DNA database with everybody’s DNA the better as it can help so many needing many types of medical support. Plus ID cards which can of course link to the DNA and donor registers.