Poll. If you already are, or are considering becoming vegetarian or vegan, what is the main reason?

• 9 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 8842 replies
If you already are, or are considering becoming vegetarian or vegan, what was the main reason you made that choice or the main reason you're thinking about becoming one?

If you already are, or are considering becoming vegetarian or vegan, what is the main reason?

4 replies

Badge +1
Sorry to disappoint but I am not a convert. However, I do think that on the whole we eat FAR to much meat. I don't like the whole factory farming thing and think that animals should be treated with respect and allowed to live in natural environments, not caged and treated abismally.
I enjoyed meat and used to get a lamb roast on a Sunday. I took one out of the freezer and as I looked at the joint and froze, not because it was frozen but because it looked like a lambs leg. 'But it is a lambs leg' I said loudly and dropped it back into the freezer. I love lambs. They are the funniest most entertaining little creatures. So I went with my feelings and have never had meat since.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
👍👏👏👏👏👏🐏🐑💕
But I still feel guilty as I like lobstors and prawns. I don't get many of the former, actually only saw one years ago already cooked but prawns I do sometimes eat. Fish I don't like much but they all die in an awful way and for that I feel guilty. I do sometimes think though that they are something that we have been eating for thousands of years as hunter gatherers and anything that moves would have been grabbed and swallowed long before cooking them - but I still feel guilty.