POLL: Are you regularly wearing a facemask?

• Community Manager
  • 6167 replies

Now that it’s about to become mandatory to wear facemasks whenever we go to the shops, thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic, I wondered how many of us will wear them regularly already?

I guess shopping and when using public transport are the times when we’re most likely to come into close contact with others.

Will/do you wear yours often? Vote in the poll and if you’re feeling brave, show us your mask! (selfie is optional!!)

My facemask - it’s green!
Yes this is me and my mask

Do/will you wear a facemask often?

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m starting to LOVE mine 😷💕😂, bit weird I know!

At first, found it bit uncomfortable and made me soooo hot, it still does but I’m used to it now, and although I don’t put it on until I reach the supermarket, I DO leave it on for walking home too, then carefully remove and clean it once indoors.

FFP3 full protection

I’ve since ordered the fabric type too with the 👂👂loops, ready for if and when I get my haircut.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ive tried and failed wearing a facemask, I wear two BTE hearing aids plus glasses, and I find it very uncomfortable, and usually ends up with my aids dangling above the ear, and on one occasion the aid fell out, luckily I felt it move so was able to catch it before it hit the ground

I've tried  fitting the mask before and after fitting the aids, each has its own problems, so no I won't be wearing a mask and if I get stopped going the shops it's going to be ordering online for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My home made mask, made a black version too ..pretty pleased with myself. 👍

That’s amazing! @Angelabikerbabe 

Homemade. Wonderful. :slight_smile:

Is it difficult to make?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Looks smashing Ange🙀👍👍👍👍👍👍, very talented! 👏👏👏👏👏👏. Fits snug with your 👓too. Well done you,

Dups, I’m pretty certain you’d be exempt 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ive tried and failed wearing a facemask, I wear two BTE hearing aids plus glasses, and I find it very uncomfortable, and usually ends up with my aids dangling above the ear, and on one occasion the aid fell out, luckily I felt it move so was able to catch it before it hit the ground

I've tried  fitting the mask before and after fitting the aids, each has its own problems, so no I won't be wearing a mask and if I get stopped going the shops it's going to be ordering online for me.

ahhh Duppy, you need my special patented ®xtra-ears© 

Available in all colours and sizes to suit any age or ethnicity, you stick them to the side of your head just above your real ears, and the mask elastics go over the new ears so no more catching those pesky hearing-aid tubes or glasses.

As an added bonus you will even get some admiring looks from onlookers who may not be used to seeing someone with 4 ears. Win-win!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Dups, I’m pretty certain you’d be exempt 👍

I'm hoping so, it depends on the staff on the door really, some let the power go to their heads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

True, but argue your case and ask to see the manager, I’m sure you’d win 👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Available in all colours and sizes to suit any age or ethnicity, you stick them to the side of your head just above your real ears, and the mask elastics go over the new ears so no more catching those pesky hearing-aid tubes or glasses.

As an added bonus you will even get some admiring looks from onlookers who may not be used to seeing someone with 4 ears. Win-win!

You might be onto something there, when's the release date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You might be onto something there, when's the release date?

just working through a slight snag with the glue bev, once you attach them they won’t come off, update to follow...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That’s amazing! @Angelabikerbabe 

Homemade. Wonderful. :slight_smile:

Is it difficult to make?

Not bad to make. Just looked on YouTube and followed a video. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have been wearing one for about the last month  when going into a shop (that's only twice - and not a supermarket).  Have to wear one if I have to go into work.   I don't have any problem with it 😷 but I don't think people are going to cooperate fully, lots of people seem to be acting like it's all over now that restrictions are being eased.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Agree Scuba, it’s sooooo annoying that they think like that. Also you see soooo many constantly touching their 😷😷😷and pulling it on and off! It’s not a fashion item, it’s there for a purpose! 🙄😡

Of course it could be a fashion item @Bev? I’m tempted...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

OK, I’m getting a little bit obsessed now with browsing the web for facemasks! 😂😂😂😂Trying to find the perfect one! But if I mention it, it seems that sooooo many others are doing the same 😂😂😂😂. Then when they arrive in post, they’re either too tight, too thin, or just look rubbish! 😂😂😂😂😂Who knew that there’d be so much to finding the right 😷

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

So, every single customer in Morrison’s today complying with the 😷wearing, and every single member of staff 👍. Delightful to see 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

So, every single customer in Morrison’s today complying with the 😷wearing, and every single member of staff 👍. Delightful to see 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

I shop mostly online and only wear a face mask if I have to go into a shop and I avoid that most times. That is not something new for me! I’m a bloke!

I have  to wear one going into my gym and on the way out but not whilst in the gym. I don’t follow the logic but can’t be bothered to argue. I find the problem is you get hot under the mask and my glasses steam up no matter where I place my glasses.

The design of some is such that it looks as though the wearer is wearing a sanitary towel. 

Then I find the BBC runs an article headed “Where do I wear a face mask?” Thought that was obvious but am missing something. 

There is a good use for them for us bald headed folks if out in the sun. Instead of over your face put it over your head and the loops fit nicely on the ears.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The design of some is such that it looks as though the wearer is wearing a sanitary towel. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This is a great thread, love the homemade mask @Angelabikerbabe it looks fab!:smiley:

I’ve just come home from a couple of weeks in Spain (so yes, I am now in quarantine) and in Andalucía it’s mandatory to wear a mask whenever you go out, even if you’re out for a walk and aren’t near anybody else. We got used to it pretty quickly though, and their R rate is currently only 0.3 so maybe they’re on to something… 

It was trickier walking around with a mask on in 30 degrees+ but it wasn’t completely awful! 

Out and about, masked up! (‘la mascarilla’, in Spanish :D)

FAB!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

So, talk from scientists and doctors today, that they’re advising government, amongst other suggestions, to make it compulsory for everyone to wear a 😷outdoors and in offices, if they are not the full two metres apart. This makes soooo much sense 👏👏👏👏👏. If everyone, unless exempt, wore a mask as soon as they left their house, til got back home again, only to remove it if totally away from anyone else, this virus would be close to history in a matter of months. Come on, Sturgeon, do your stuff, then Boris will inevitably follow within days. It sooooooooo would work. Also advising government to provide the vulnerable groups with MEDICAL GRADE masks. I’ve been saying all this since August, I’m finally feeling a glimmer of high hope that this could happen 👏👏👏👍👍👍. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Nice selection accumulating 😂😂😂👍, think I’m getting a little obsessed with these masks 😷😂😂

Yellow FFP3 still my favourite, and most protection 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Careful our Bev, you’ll be wearing a hoodie next 😂😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hee hee hee our Dai 😂😂😂😂. I hada woolly hat on today, with full mask, you could only see my eyes! 😂😂😂😂😂😂👍#inconspicuos

Userlevel 3

regularly is a bit of an odd one.. since I’ll wear one when shopping (it’s the law) but since I get nearly everything delivered now I’m rarely in a position to need it.  It’s over a month since I’ve seen the inside of a shop.

What slightly annoys me is that shops are exempt from track&trace.. there was me thinking everywhere we went it’d be silently checking if we’d been at risk and not a QR code in any shop anywhere.. making me even less likely to risk it.