Pets Corner

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi all,

We recently got a puppy and wondered if folks would be interested in having a pets corner for general animal chit chat, advice and so on.

106 replies

She just won’t let it lie
Well, for a moment maybe!

It’s all too much for me!

No expensive electric heating needed at this time of year, thankfully 😅 I’ve even switched off all the electric wall heaters at the socket to stop the background electricity usage of their digital programmers. 

This is my ball of fuzz Luna enjoying a bit of breeze from the conservatory door while she naps. She’s a 5 month old Golden Doodle (or Groodle), mum was a Golden Retriever, father a Standard Poodle. Likes chasing leaves, collecting sticks, gazing at the sky or our neighbouring herd of cows. Hates going in the car! Wants air conditioning (not going there!).

Badge +2

That’s a lucky bull! How many does it have??

Genuine laugh out loud! 

as for bones, our dogs do have them occasionally. But yeah you have to be careful. As my wife is an ex vet nurse I let her make those decisions. 

who am I kidding. As she’s my wife she makes all the decisions. I just do as I’m told!! 

as for a snake @Nataly im not against it as an animal - I’m just a tight Yorkshire who doesn’t want to pay for the heating of it! 

im still holding out for a sloth tbh

Sounds like a great idea @NannyOgg 

Feel free to start one!

:blush:

That’s quite a few pets @Jowl! A snake would top it all off wouldn’t it! At least its heated cage would be powered by renewables. :wink:

How kind of the cats to bring you a lovely present… not! Hunting aside, I bet they’re so cute now.:heart_eyes:

We have loads of cats in our street - they’ve taken to sunbathing on our astroturf, I think it’s warmer than normal grass. Happy days for me as I’m missing my own cat, who lives with my parents. 

Thank you for the dog pics @25 quid, all pet photos are always highly appreciated...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Duppy,

I hadn’t seen all the threads for smart meters but I’m guessing there are quite a lot. I didn’t mean that 2 was too many but perhaps folk wouldn’t be interested in a 3rd one.

We can’t all be pet people, the world would sure be a boring place if we were all the same. I’d like to say I have an inherant dislike of children but I don’t think that would sit well with my kids :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Well, it was bound to happen at some point!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Not quite a pet but....Found this little fella in my back yard, cowering. John picked him up and put him in a box with some seeds and water. Gonna wait until he's OK to release him 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think it's fair to say someone is spoiled. 

Here's Bluebell, currently laying claim to 'his' computer chair, if it helps tip the balance.

Since the passing of both Gemini and Aristotle, we've considered the possibility of getting.more cats, but Bluebell appears happier in his own.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It’s all too much for me!

So cute 😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah Luna looks adorable, Ant! Retriever and poodle, often see many cockers and poodles, don’t think I’ve seen a Golden doodle. Gorgeous 💕👍. Must be idyllic having gorge 🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄 for neighbours too 👍👏

A selection of Pure Planet team pets! Courtesy of our marketing folk who like to share these pics on our Instagram page

Pure Planet pets! (some of….)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I love this, cos I think of it as a competition, in my little head, and pretend I am judging 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3rd 🥉- D2 - gorgeous Springer Spaniel👍💕💕💕 

2nd 🥈- E2 - delightful fluffy puppy having fun in snow ❄️⛄️❄️💕🐾

1st 🥇- E1 - winner has to be the gorgeous Springer! 

Of course they’re ALL truly gorgeous 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕👍👍👍👍👍

Badge +2

Mum just back from vets., spooky! Messaged me to say deffo the heat. Lethargy and not really interested in walking far. Sleeping more. See how she goes, Nan, but I’d say definitely normal. It’s just hit  25 here 😅😅😅

Missed some of this - but having two furry predominently black dogs, we are very careful in this weather when they go for walks. Usually early morning or late evening i shaded areas. Plenty of water for them during the day. We’re able to leave the patio door in the kitchen open when at home in the day so they can lay outside, in the sun or shade and come in on the cooler kitchen or hall floor. On really hot days, they’l wear their cool coats when going out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@25 quid , they are soooo cute. Hope they are more compliant than my little monkey.

In our house, it would appear that the industructible duck is not, in fact, indestructible.  Go figure!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@NannyOgg 

If the present threads don't cover your expectations, by all means start another thread. As for 2 threads being too many? Have you seen the number of smart meter threads. 

Go for it, but I'm afraid I won't be contributing, I gave an inheritant dislike of all pets.

Badge +2

Ah so, wife says we have big bones (!) that are raw. They’re great for the dogs teeth and don’t shard and splinter. But never cooked bones. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Jowl , that’s great info, thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Cookie is the one facing the camera. The other is a fox red lab called Gus. I’ve been metting with some dog walkers in a local park a couple of days a week on a big field where you can let them all off the lead and kids and general public don’t get terrorised.

It wasn’t too bad a spray, she reserved it for everyone else, lol!!

I’ve got a couple of new cute friends.

On ya marks, get set...

Go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for feedback peeps, will mull it over a little more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for feedback peeps, will mull it over a little more.

mulling now….

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OMG just too too too adorable! 😳👍💕🐾😁