Pets Corner

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi all,

We recently got a puppy and wondered if folks would be interested in having a pets corner for general animal chit chat, advice and so on.

201 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Wonder what names they’re going to have, Gwynd! Exciting!

Awh this is amazing news @Gwyndy, very sorry to hear one didn’t make it though. 

I can’t wait to see lots of kitten pics! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah they’re sooooooo gorgeous, Gwynd, oooooh bless! And little worn out Tigger, ah what a beautiful Monday morning story. Think that needs to go in the monthly photo comp, Gwynd, for “Togetherness” 💕💕💕💕💕👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

agreed and it’s one for the monthly newsletter too..

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oh bless. Great job @Gwyndy , that must have been stressful. Glad Tigger is well, sad about poor little kitten that didn’t make it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ah they’re sooooooo gorgeous, Gwynd, oooooh bless! And little worn out Tigger, ah what a beautiful Monday morning story. Think that needs to go in the monthly photo comp, Gwynd, for “Togetherness” 💕💕💕💕💕👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

awwwww!  that’s fantastic, can’t wait to see the kittens.

(it’s sad about the one that didn’t make it though)

Between about 1am and 5am, Tigger gave birth to 6 kittens, unfortunately, 1 of them didn’t make it, but mother and the remaining 5 appear to be doing reasonably well.
It was an ‘interesting’ experience for us, as Tigger eschewed the advice of all the cat websites on how a pregnant cat should give birth and with the exception of the last one born, they were all delivered on various areas of the computer room floor.

Badge +3

🤣 a chicken 🐔,  brilliant ( not good for the chicken owner, I expect!)

ha yeah. We were trying to keep that off local social media !! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Awwwww poor thing. Lots of love and attention and I’m sure of a full recovery. 

our two dogs have just had kennel cough so have been isolating a bit. 

and the bloody cats brought back a chicken. An actual chicken! Grrrr

🤣 a chicken 🐔,  brilliant ( not good for the chicken owner, I expect!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

To be fair @Jowl , apart from the hotspot which has got a little worse, the other things seem to be on their way already.

Chickens!! I’m actually impressed lol!!

Badge +3

Awwwww poor thing. Lots of love and attention and I’m sure of a full recovery. 

our two dogs have just had kennel cough so have been isolating a bit. 

and the bloody cats brought back a chicken. An actual chicken! Grrrr

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Awwww, how exciting @Gwyndy, I hope you post some pics of the little bundles when they arrive. 

@Antski, how is Luna doing? No more injuries I hope. 

Cookie's having a right old time of it. In addition to having a phantom pregnancy the poor thing now has an ear infection, a nasty hotspot and a random accute reaction to something we have no idea what! Currently feeling like the most inept dog owner 

@Gwyndy that’s so exciting! I’ll ask my brother, as he was in the same boat only a few months ago! 

Oh my gosh, kittens! @Gwyndy how are you feeling about this? :sweat_smile:

Unfortunately I don’t know any info about this or the best size of box - I hope you can figure it all out OK though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy awww how lovely,  little tatty catties on the way!

Not sure if the box isn’t a little too high in terms of tatty catty getting in comfortably (rather than worrying about confining the kitties but others may have more idea. 

Well, we can’t work out whether she’s pregnant, or she’s got a severe worm infestation, but she’s gained quite a big belly since she got here:

She looks rather rotund from head on, but I can’t get a photo of it yet.

Went to the vet yesterday, our lovely lady has at least 2 kittens on the way.

If anyone here’s had a cat give birth, can you give me any idea how tall a box I need so the mother can get in, but the kittens can’t escape - thanks.

I have some Really Useful under-bed boxes going spare which are quite ‘spacious’ (710mm x 545mm x 190mm) but is 190mm high enough?

Wow @Antski she is so beautiful! I hope she’s had a speedy recovery! 

@Gwyndy what a surprise! A very similar thing happened to my brother, he found a kitten in a box under a railway bridge, and kept her after taking her to the vets. Once she was a little older she fell pregnant, and out came 5 kittens! All now in loving homes, but it was certainly more than my brother had bargained for!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh WOOD, I see Ant, thanks for the edit. How is Luna today 🤷‍♀️🐾

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Bluebell isn’t the daddio is he, our Gwynd?! 😳😳😳😳😳😳

No.

1: He was done 3 years ago.
2: He’s not got near enough to her to do the deed.

🥺

No.

1: He was done 3 years ago.
2: He’s not got near enough to her to do the deed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have a feeling bluebell isn’t up to it….

Never mind @Gwyndy if you post pics of the kittens on here I’m sure you’ll find homes in no time…

Nipples is the key word here..(I always wanted to write that)

https://www.purelypetsinsurance.co.uk/blogs/how-do-i-know-if-my-cat-is-pregnant/

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Piece of what, Ant? 🤷‍♀️Poor Luna but sounds like she’s already starting to feel more like her usual self, if wanting food and walks again now bless. Ah she looks and sounds soooo gorgeous.  Bet you’re giving her lots of extra special love and fuss today, even if she does get you up thru the night! Hee hee. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

No Walkies this weekend ☹️. Luna managed to wound herself playing with a piece of wood while running full-pelt on Friday, she was really out of sorts for the rest of the day, obviously in pain, partially lame and no interest in food or anything else much🥺.
Lameness still there Saturday morning so a visit to the vets, instructions to get her to rest, some medication and antibiotics and the classic plastic cone to stop her licking the wound. Of course she can escape from the cone in about 5 minutes .. I’m only getting up so many times in the middle of the night to replace it!

She’s started to get her bounce back now, wants food again, asked to go for a walk this morning and has been playful on and off, so I’m sure she’ll be back to normal in no time.

Oh wow! 😳You’ll soon have a houseful of little Tats our Gwynd! 😳💕💕💕

I’m too old for this, having two kittens four years ago was enough fun.

We don’t know for sure if she is pregnant, but as I’ve found no evidence yet of a worm infestation, she may well be - it may also explain why she’s so determined to attack Bluebell.