Pets Corner

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi all,

We recently got a puppy and wondered if folks would be interested in having a pets corner for general animal chit chat, advice and so on.

106 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OMG 😳😳😳😳😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, Bloomin love love love your Cookie! Hee hee hee! She’s fab! 🤣👍🍪💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There appears to be little fluffy white clouds in my living room 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Never knew you could get cooling coats @Jowl , good to know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

White cats are very prone to get skin cancer on their ears, I know because we had one (I miss him still) Dunno about black dogs though...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That’s just reminded Jowl, I bought my parents dog a pack of factor 50 sun wipes! On life! 😳🤣🤣🤣

Badge +2

Mum just back from vets., spooky! Messaged me to say deffo the heat. Lethargy and not really interested in walking far. Sleeping more. See how she goes, Nan, but I’d say definitely normal. It’s just hit  25 here 😅😅😅

Missed some of this - but having two furry predominently black dogs, we are very careful in this weather when they go for walks. Usually early morning or late evening i shaded areas. Plenty of water for them during the day. We’re able to leave the patio door in the kitchen open when at home in the day so they can lay outside, in the sun or shade and come in on the cooler kitchen or hall floor. On really hot days, they’l wear their cool coats when going out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah Luna looks adorable, Ant! Retriever and poodle, often see many cockers and poodles, don’t think I’ve seen a Golden doodle. Gorgeous 💕👍. Must be idyllic having gorge 🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄 for neighbours too 👍👏

No expensive electric heating needed at this time of year, thankfully 😅 I’ve even switched off all the electric wall heaters at the socket to stop the background electricity usage of their digital programmers. 

This is my ball of fuzz Luna enjoying a bit of breeze from the conservatory door while she naps. She’s a 5 month old Golden Doodle (or Groodle), mum was a Golden Retriever, father a Standard Poodle. Likes chasing leaves, collecting sticks, gazing at the sky or our neighbouring herd of cows. Hates going in the car! Wants air conditioning (not going there!).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Question. Cookie has been more sleepy the last couple of days. I’m assuming that it is down to the sudden increase in heat. Any other dog owners having the same? 

Sounds right @NannyOgg My cats have hardly moved for the past three days.

When it gets really hot (closer to 30 degress) we put cooler bag ice blocks on the floor covered with a towel. They love that :sunglasses:

Ahh poor things, it'd be like us walking around with a fur coat superglued to us in this weather! 😢

Question. Cookie has been more sleepy the last couple of days. I’m assuming that it is down to the sudden increase in heat. Any other dog owners having the same? 

Sounds right @NannyOgg My cats have hardly moved for the past three days.

When it gets really hot (closer to 30 degress) we put cooler bag ice blocks on the floor covered with a towel. They love that :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Is your nose still wet @25 quid  :joy:  (Please don’t actually answer that!)

Spooky indeed. 25? Blimey. Think it’s about 22 or so here. She’s eating and drinking no problem but her eye has been getting a bit more gungey again today so will up her Piriton. Vet said I can put her on 3 a day Might not help that I finally mowed the lawn today.

Thanks for that Bev. :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Mum just back from vets., spooky! Messaged me to say deffo the heat. Lethargy and not really interested in walking far. Sleeping more. See how she goes, Nan, but I’d say definitely normal. It’s just hit  25 here 😅😅😅

I’ve been more sleepy. Does that help? 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hee hee 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oh don’t worry about the floor @Bev. It may look clean but I actually can’t remember the last time it got mopped!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And big fat trainers on your newly polished floor our Nan 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳👎👎👎😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The rascal isn’t supposed to be on the furniture. I came down the other day to hubby and Cookie sat together. I have the raised eyebrows and got told “Well, I don’t mind her sitting on this couch, just non of the other furniture.” Honestly, he’s gone proper soft :rolling_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OMG just too too too adorable! 😳👍💕🐾😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think it's fair to say someone is spoiled. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

But if she only needs to get to top of pole, I’m confused as how my answer is wrong 😳🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔mmmmm, keep thinking 🧢

No @NannyOgg, she does make it, she’s very persistent!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Is it that Glinty never makes it @25 quid ?

One dayGlinty the snail discovers a pole on the way to the pub. She climbs up 3 inches every night. The next day she slides back 2 inches. This continues every day/night. The pole is 30 inches high.

How long does it take Glinty to reach the beery reward at the top?

How tall is the glass of beer?

I fear this is one of those trick puzzles where the answer is so simple and hidden in plain sight.

The beer has no height, Glinty just needs to get to the top of the pole… 😈

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

👍🐾💕😢