Pets Corner

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi all,

We recently got a puppy and wondered if folks would be interested in having a pets corner for general animal chit chat, advice and so on.

106 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @NannyOgg 

Think there already is a thread photos of your pets and another for power hungry pets (no one has a posted tarantula yet (sorry @Bev I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it) but there’s no harm in starting a general one I’d go for it

The more the merrier

Do we get a photo? 

One of my relatives has just welcomed a puppy into their home -irresistible but the kids think it’s a teddy bear (and so do I). I might post a photo if they think it’s ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @Woz.

I did have a quick search but couldn’t see anything. My thinking was more along the lines of discussion and advice but to be honest with 2 threads already, a third would probably be too many perhaps? I will defo check those other threads out and post some pics.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@NannyOgg 

If the present threads don't cover your expectations, by all means start another thread. As for 2 threads being too many? Have you seen the number of smart meter threads. 

Go for it, but I'm afraid I won't be contributing, I gave an inheritant dislike of all pets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Duppy,

I hadn’t seen all the threads for smart meters but I’m guessing there are quite a lot. I didn’t mean that 2 was too many but perhaps folk wouldn’t be interested in a 3rd one.

We can’t all be pet people, the world would sure be a boring place if we were all the same. I’d like to say I have an inherant dislike of children but I don’t think that would sit well with my kids :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@NannyOgg

I wouldn’t fret if some ignore it, I think it’s a good idea. 

(Disclaimer, I have an inherent dislike of everything apart from biscuits and cake)

ohhh and coffee...to go with them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@NannyOgg

If the present threads don't cover your expectations, by all means start another thread. As for 2 threads being too many? Have you seen the number of smart meter threads. 

Go for it, but I'm afraid I won't be contributing, I gave an inheritant dislike of all pets.

All? :scream_cat: now look what you’ve done, gone and upset kitty...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes @woz,  All.  Sorry all you pet lovers, but they are not for me

Sounds like a great idea @NannyOgg 

Feel free to start one!

:blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for feedback peeps, will mull it over a little more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for feedback peeps, will mull it over a little more.

mulling now….

I was going to make a joke about a toilet brush, but that wouldn’t be funny and might be inappropriate.

#slightlycute!

Mulled Wine @woz?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid I have a feeling that if I mention the semblance to a loo brush it won’t go down well...(pardon the pun) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nanny, you need to start it, then we can watch your gorgeous puppy grow and progress! 🐾💕👏👍

Nanny, you need to start it, then we can watch your gorgeous puppy grow and progress! 🐾💕👏👍

Seconded

Here's Bluebell, currently laying claim to 'his' computer chair, if it helps tip the balance.

Since the passing of both Gemini and Aristotle, we've considered the possibility of getting.more cats, but Bluebell appears happier in his own.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh Gwynd, Bluebell is sooooooo gorgeous bless him! 💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ok peeps, I shall start posting but I wanna hear all about everyone else’s pets too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Beautiful cat @Gwyndy ,

I had cats many years ago and would love another but my other half is allergic so we can’t have them. If I ever wanted to divorce him I could always get once as a hint :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Beautiful cat @Gwyndy ,

I had cats many years ago and would love another but my other half is allergic so we can’t have them. If I ever wanted to divorce him I could always get once as a hint :joy:

Ah, @NannyOgg , we're in the same boat! My hubby is allergic too. He doesn't realise how much I'm giving up for him!.

If anything ever happens to us/him (God forbid), I went be straight down the cat shelter,....house full of lovely kitties for me, ha ha 🐈 😻 😺 

Beautiful cat @Gwyndy ,

Ah, @NannyOgg , we're in the same boat! My hubby is allergic too. He doesn't realise how much I'm giving up for him!.

If anything ever happens to us/him (God forbid), I went be straight down the cat shelter,....house full of lovely kitties for me, ha ha 🐈 😻 😺 

My best friend’s allergic as well, whenever he used to visit us and stay over, our cat at the time, Cinders, used to sleep on his head overnight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🐾💕🛌👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Beautiful cat @Gwyndy ,

Ah, @NannyOgg , we're in the same boat! My hubby is allergic too. He doesn't realise how much I'm giving up for him!.

My best friend’s allergic as well, whenever he used to visit us and stay over, our cat at the time, Cinders, used to sleep on his head overnight.

🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Morning all, hoep you’re all having a good week.

This Cookie monster is an absolute master food thief lol!! We are putting her in the hallway with her food at mealtimes so we can eat in peace but blimey, even trying to have a snack is an absolute excercise in military manoevres and tackle avoidance.

If the kids are having a bit of a treat or snack on the sofa in the living room, I will do some sit and stay training with her while I sit at the armchair, which seems to be working well. Anyone got any other tips or tricks? I know she is still only 5 months old but I’m trying to implement training from as early as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I love your puppy tales, Nanny! Make me larf sooooo much hee hee! Five months doesn’t sound too early to me actually, but not sure 🤷‍♀️, but sounds like you’re doing great 👏👏👍👍👍👍👍🐾🙃

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @Bev , I aim to please :grinning:

She is quite good to be fair. She sleeps right through at night and doesn’t soil in the house at all. She’s still bitey but to be expected for a teething pup and Labs are quite renowned for it too. I am quite strict with her and put her in the hallway if she gets too over excited.

The main training like sit and stuff fine without distraction but walking and recall I am going to wait until the kids are back in on monday so I can concentrate without constantly having to break up world war apocalypse with the kids.