Pets Corner

• 14 December 2020
  • 218 replies

Show first post

218 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Wonder what names they’re going to have, Gwynd! Exciting!

Hello.

Kitten pics (and a video if I can get it to load) incoming, hopefully in something resembling an order:

This is roughly half way through the birth, this room was not meant to be ‘Tigger’s Nursery’ but in her infinite wisdom she decided to give birth in the only place in the house where there was somewhere to ‘lose’ the kitten’s (even the box there was only a ‘reserve’ one.)

Okay here goes:
This, I think, is Tigger and most of the kittens, just before, or possibly just after she gave birth to the final one.
It’s a bit hard to be sure, it was almost 5am, and my ‘notes’ such as they are, are vague memories of discussions on WhatsApp, and with Laura at Vetfone.
It goes something like this:
‘3 black kittens born on floor.’
‘4th (possibly the 5th one born) kitten born in box’
‘5th (possibly 4th one born) kitten found mewling, apparently lost by mum.’
Plus a 6th kitten I don’t remember appearing.

I don’t know for sure whether the one which died was the one that got lost, or the last one born, which I don’t remember arriving.

These are the surviving 5 kittens on Monday afternoon.

And here’s Tigger loving them on Monday evening:

1 day old kittens on Tuesday:

I’m amazed how well Tigger took to being a mother, because my only prior experience of kittens (Bluebell’s mum) was a mad phone call demanding I rush to Pets at Home to get a feeding kit as his mother had walked off and just left the kittens (having said that, I don’t think my friend was expecting the arrivals, so mum hadn’t been ‘fed up’ in any way to prepare her for their demands.)
Tigger was on kitten food as soon as it was confirmed she was pregnant - she must hate me for that, she’s still not ‘fond’ of it.

Kittens at various stages of week 1

I absolutely adore this one’s face.

​​​​​Mind you, I could be biased.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What a delightful array of photos our Gwynd, Oh wow, truly gorgeous 💕💕💕💕💕

Tigs looks a lovely warm kind cat. I’m not up on cats, but her face speaks volumes and she truly does look made to be a mother. 

So Gwynd, what are your plans for the five gorgeous kitties? 🤷‍♀️I am assuming now, Tigger is most definitely staying, and out of interest, how has Bluebella been throughout this whole situation? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh man 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕, that light ones little face indeed 😳💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕Oh wow, heart melting beyond words! Fantastic our Gwynd. Fantastic 

These photos are amazing @Gwyndy, thank you so much for sharing! They’re all beautiful, and @Bev I agree Tigger looks like a very wise mum indeed. 

What a treat for us all! :blush:

Kittens sleeping (which is what they seem to do most of the time) & occasionally looking around for mummy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Adorable, thanks for posting @Gwyndy.

So Gwynd, what are your plans for the five gorgeous kitties? 🤷‍♀️I am assuming now, Tigger is most definitely staying, and out of interest, how has Bluebella been throughout this whole situation? 

1 or 2 are supposed to go to a friend in Andover.
One of my neighbours wanted one, but she needs permission from the council (she’s already been refused a dog.)

The others we have no plans sorted yet, I’m far more concerned about just getting them to the ‘separated from mummy’ stage than anything else.

Tigger is most definitely staying, although we were only supposed to be a ‘temporary’ solution, we hope things will calm once the kittens have left. Bluebell’s not too bad, he’s far more understanding about Tiggs being here than Tiggs has been with him so far.

I guess we’ll just have to solve it when the time comes.

I’d like to keep one kitten, but we’ve only got a bungalow, already have 2 cats now, and one of the ex-neighbour’s keeps trying to move in, so I guess we won’t be able to.

@Gwyndy these photos are beyond adorable, thank you so much for sharing them with us! The one of all 5 kittens curled up asleep together is heart-melting. :heart_eyes:

It’d be great if you can find homes for them all, too. :thumbsup:  Who knew you’d be having this adventure when you took Tigger in eh!

As you may be able to tell, I’m trying to wean them, but Tigger keeps nicking their food - which is odd, as she won’t eat it when I give it to her.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ooooooh Gwynd!!!!! 😳😳😳OMG how truly delightful!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍Oh man, sooooooooo heart warming! Every single picture! Wow! Fantastic! 😘

I hope the ones going abroad will be ok in their carriers bless, and hope they all have wonderful homes. You won’t want to part with them! Soooooooooo super cute. 💕🐾💕🐾💕🐾💕🐾💕🐾

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy 

awww, it’s made my day seeing these, I’d hate to have to choose one but those eyes are beckoning me…

please woz take me home….

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Put your order in, our Wozeeta, put your order in 😍😉🐾👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Between about 1am and 5am, Tigger gave birth to 6 kittens, unfortunately, 1 of them didn’t make it, but mother and the remaining 5 appear to be doing reasonably well.
It was an ‘interesting’ experience for us, as Tigger eschewed the advice of all the cat websites on how a pregnant cat should give birth and with the exception of the last one born, they were all delivered on various areas of the computer room floor.

Awwww 😍