Pets Corner

• 14 December 2020
  • 218 replies

Show first post

218 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I was too hasty, thanks Gwynd. Ah that’s lovely you’ve taken her in and seeing vet. Ah bless. 

Eeeeek! What a dramatic turn of events @Gwyndy… love ‘TAT’, good thinking. :thumbsup:

I hope the vet exam goes ok and that the cat’s in a healthy state - despite the fleas - I wonder if it’s been tagged? Let us know how you get on...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy Gorgeous, just gorgeous, looks like a stayer to me…

Does he/she have a pronoun yet (you just gotta move with the times...)

how did you get the fleas out?

I hate fleas ughhhhhhhh,  little ba*******s

Let’s have aname suggestions when we know the gender?

I quite like TAT could be short for Tatiana, if female

What a beauty @Gwyndy :hugging:

Tortoiseshell tabby? 

Not much of an update, vet says:.

Female, Adolescent, not microchipped.

The vet’s advice was basically to put her back where we found her and hope she found her way home, but I’m not sure how that’s going to stop her just appearing at Heidi’s - nor does it solve why she had so many fleas.

Vet gave her a shot of Stronghold, so at least the fleas may die off.

Will try to get more photos later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Meet TAT (Temporarily known As Tigger)

We gained TAT last night after it appeared at Heidi (Kate’s carer’s) house for 4 or 5 days in a row looking for food and attention.

As Heidi currently has 3 dogs at home, she couldn’t take it in.

All I can tell you so far is:

Was very hungry.

Had/Has lots of fleas, got 60+ out so far.

Will update once we’ve taken TAT to the vets to see if they can find out anything about it.

Awww lovely TAT 😍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy 

Is she underweight?

She’s beautiful @Gwyndy! Can’t wait for more photos and updates, glad to hear the vet check up went well:blush:

@Gwyndy

Is she underweight?

The vet didn’t say she was, but I think the vet wasn’t that bothered to be honest. We went to the nearest vets, just in case she’d been reported missing.

She’s certainly eaten a lot since she got here.

Bluebell is, understandably, ‘not impressed’ that there’s another cat in the house, mind you I don’t think the fact that TAT hisses at him through the window when he is outside is helping.

Kate thinks he deserves it, he was far worse to Aristotle when he got here as a kitten, and for most of the time after - he felt it was ‘his duty’ to try and playfight with a cat that really just wanted to be left alone.

Badge +3

Meet TAT (Temporarily known As Tigger)

We gained TAT last night after it appeared at Heidi (Kate’s carer’s) house for 4 or 5 days in a row looking for food and attention.

As Heidi currently has 3 dogs at home, she couldn’t take it in.

All I can tell you so far is:

Was very hungry.

Had/Has lots of fleas, got 60+ out so far.

Will update once we’ve taken TAT to the vets to see if they can find out anything about it.

Awwww she’s lovely. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Any more photos or news on little Tat, our Gwynd? Hope she’s settling in (if she’s staying!) 👍🤷‍♀️🐱🐾

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bev deffo a keeper there...looking at that photo I’d say Tat has adopted our Gwynd!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I love that, our Woz. Let’s hope they’ve both found each other, bless 💕🐾💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Put her back where you found her?? :fearful:  Certainly doesn’t sound like they were too bothered @Gwyndy

Poor little thing, glad she is in a loving home.

Well, I’m not sure Tigger’s going to make it here.
With human’s she’s pretty good, although she doesn’t particularly like being picked up - partly because when I do it I tend to end up locking her away from Bluebell.

Bluebell and Tigger met briefly earlier by the front door, which in itself was ‘interesting,’ then after we’d moved them to separate rooms Heidi decided to come into the room where Bluebell was, Tigger followed her, and all hell broke loose as she chased Bluebell around the house.

Tigger’s ‘attack mode’ is basically ‘charge and hope I make it.’

I’m hoping it’s just a combination of the fact that she’s come here, been de-fleaed, but still appears to have a nice collection of worms (possibly) and that once things calm down a bit for her, she’ll be more tolerant.

That the cat calming diffusers eventually work

Something works, anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ah let’s hope so our Gwynd, been wondering how she’s settling. Ah let’s hope just few little hiccups. 

Any more photos or news on little Tat, our Gwynd? Hope she’s settling in (if she’s staying!) 👍🤷‍♀️🐱🐾

Wish that my update have been better @Bev 

Ah let’s hope so our Gwynd, been wondering how she’s settling. Ah let’s hope just few little hiccups. 

Oh, so you can ‘multiquote’ but the ‘@’ doesn’t always work.
We’ll see how things go, after all she’s only been here about 10 days.
I looked her in a metal cage after the incidents, so maybe she’ll get the idea that chasing Bluebell around the house is frowned upon.
I’m just amazed that Bluebell decided not to deal with her himself, he’s probably at least twice her size.

I’m going to get some of these Beaphar Calming Cat Treats, 35 g : AmazonSmile: Pet Supplies and see if they help, I tried to get some from the local Pets At Home, but the don’t sell them.

Well, I’m not sure Tigger’s going to make it here.
With human’s she’s pretty good, although she doesn’t particularly like being picked up - partly because when I do it I tend to end up locking her away from Bluebell.

Bluebell and Tigger met briefly earlier by the front door, which in itself was ‘interesting,’ then after we’d moved them to separate rooms Heidi decided to come into the room where Bluebell was, Tigger followed her, and all hell broke loose as she chased Bluebell around the house.

Tigger’s ‘attack mode’ is basically ‘charge and hope I make it.’

I’m hoping it’s just a combination of the fact that she’s come here, been de-fleaed, but still appears to have a nice collection of worms (possibly) and that once things calm down a bit for her, she’ll be more tolerant.

That the cat calming diffusers eventually work

Something works, anything.

It’ll take time @Gwyndy 

Hope it works out :fingers_crossed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

My puppy’s growing up fast, 7 months now and a bundle of excitable energy! The puppy fuzz is gone since a visit to the groomers a couple of weeks ago and she’s looking a lot more “Doodle” now. We have got some nice local walks and she’s usually still got bags of go left in her at the end.
She’s hard to photograph because she’s hardly ever still once we leave the house 😂 !

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Adorable, Ant! 👍🐾, gorgeous little face!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

yep mischief written all over it…

Wow, she already looks so much bigger @Antski! Absolutely adorable :heart_eyes: and useful for helping make sure you get out walking every day I’m sure. :grinning:

She is gorgeous @Antski, she also looks like you’ll be completely worn out at the end of ‘walkies’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My puppy’s growing up fast, 7 months now and a bundle of excitable energy! The puppy fuzz is gone since a visit to the groomers a couple of weeks ago and she’s looking a lot more “Doodle” now. We have got some nice local walks and she’s usually still got bags of go left in her at the end.
She’s hard to photograph because she’s hardly ever still once we leave the house 😂 !

Gorgeous 😍 

Well, we can’t work out whether she’s pregnant, or she’s got a severe worm infestation, but she’s gained quite a big belly since she got here:

She looks rather rotund from head on, but I can’t get a photo of it yet.