Pets Corner

• 14 December 2020
  • 218 replies

Show first post

218 replies

Badge +3

Mum just back from vets., spooky! Messaged me to say deffo the heat. Lethargy and not really interested in walking far. Sleeping more. See how she goes, Nan, but I’d say definitely normal. It’s just hit  25 here 😅😅😅

Missed some of this - but having two furry predominently black dogs, we are very careful in this weather when they go for walks. Usually early morning or late evening i shaded areas. Plenty of water for them during the day. We’re able to leave the patio door in the kitchen open when at home in the day so they can lay outside, in the sun or shade and come in on the cooler kitchen or hall floor. On really hot days, they’l wear their cool coats when going out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s just reminded Jowl, I bought my parents dog a pack of factor 50 sun wipes! On life! 😳🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

White cats are very prone to get skin cancer on their ears, I know because we had one (I miss him still) Dunno about black dogs though...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Never knew you could get cooling coats @Jowl , good to know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There appears to be little fluffy white clouds in my living room 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

OMG 😳😳😳😳😳🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, Bloomin love love love your Cookie! Hee hee hee! She’s fab! 🤣👍🍪💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Cookie is now officially in quarantine for a couple of weeks, her first season has officially arrived :grimacing:

Something to make you giggle too. I realised all too late yesterday that the tablet I swallowed wasn’t my meds but was, in fact, her piriton!! oops! On the up side I didn’t sneeze at all :shrug_tone1:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Might be a good tactic though if you need a worming. Sorry in advance….

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Might be a good tactic though if you need a worming. Sorry in advance….

You’re not the first to say it Strutt and probably not the last .. :joy:

Wanna play out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I think they’re eyeing up your bar 😁🙃🍺🍹🍾🍸

Cute bless em all 💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Wanna play out?

Awwwwe, 😍

Badge +3

Urgh. My wife and kids are away camping at a fly ball Comp with the kids. So just me and the cats here. 

heard a bit of noise in the kitchen yesterday evening but thought I’d put all food away (Teebo is a food monster). Turns out they’d brought a bird in and Kit was munching on it. Feathers everywhere. Grrrr (they are great hunters though). 

Badge +3

In other news,  Solo entered his first competition yesterday. He seemed quite pleased with himself 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That is soooooo cute! He looks sooooo proud bless him! 💕👍👏👏👏🥈

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Such a sweetheart @Jowl , well done Solo. 

Cookie is feeling pretty sorry for herself with this being in season so she's lolling on the only sofa she's allowed on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Urgh. My wife and kids are away camping at a fly ball Comp with the kids. So just me and the cats here. 

heard a bit of noise in the kitchen yesterday evening but thought I’d put all food away (Teebo is a food monster). Turns out they’d brought a bird in and Kit was munching on it. Feathers everywhere. Grrrr (they are great hunters though). 

Oh, the little tinkers! (Poor bird)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In other news,  Solo entered his first competition yesterday. He seemed quite pleased with himself 

Aw man , how lovely he is! ❤

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Such a sweetheart @Jowl , well done Solo. 

Cookie is feeling pretty sorry for herself with this being in season so she's lolling on the only sofa she's allowed on. 

Awww,  has Cookie been chewing on it too? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Lol @Angelabikerbabe ,

Fortunately no, that is the innards of yet another poor unsuspecting toy!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Lol @Angelabikerbabe ,

Fortunately no, that is the innards of yet another poor unsuspecting toy!!

🤣

Lab 1: I’m dreaming of my flowery shoe!

Lab 2: I’m dreaming of pie…

I just hope that this pic doesn’t trigger a comment to completely derail the thread. No names. No pack drill. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Nope, absolutely gorgeous dogs 💕💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Awwww how sweet. People keep telling me we should get a second dog. Apparently it makes life easier but I’m not convinced to be honest ….

Badge +3

Awwww how sweet. People keep telling me we should get a second dog. Apparently it makes life easier but I’m not convinced to be honest ….

I wasn’t convinced - but I never am and just get ignored when I say no more pets 😂

but a second dog for us proved great. They get fantastic and keep each other company. Different personalities but it’s good for them to play together too. For us it’s not any more work than having one dog. If I had a bit more room and spare time, I’d have another. But don’t tell anyone !