Out Of Office

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 15682 replies

Sometimes, our lovely community buddies are conspicuous by their absence 😢

I notice two missing members, in particular. Not seen our Strutty nor our Dai in absolute weeks 😢😢😢

Hopefully this little thread might be useful if you want to tell others you won’t be around, or just if you want to ask after somebody that hasn’t been seen for a while 👍. 

Hopefully our Dai 💕and our Strutty 💕are both well, and may be back soon 👍👏 

162 replies

Hello all :relaxed:

Just to let you know I’m off now for a couple of weeks (eek!) to head to sunny Spain. 

I’ll be back on 25 October. :thumbsup:  

Hope you all have an excellent couple of weeks, and take it easy on @Mads and @Marc while I’m away. :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I must just correct part of my previous post after some convos I've had today. T2S is meant for the benefit of armed forces, veterans And emergency services including front line NHS staff I believe. This last bit is fairly new, so if you think you fit this description and have any interest in doing some sailing, maybe getting an RYA accredited qualification at little cost, then give the office a call, they're mega helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I won't be around much for a little while, joining a sailing expedition that's due to take 3 weeks, run by armed forces veterans charity Turn to Starboard. I'll be crewing on a yacht sailing down from Scotland to Falmouth via the Isle of Man. Looking forward to some exciting times afloat, great scenery and some wildlife no doubt too.

There will be postings on Turn to Starboard's social media, if you want to follow along. You can also see the work they do at www.turntostarboard.co.uk

Oooh , sounds fab!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh wow, I am feeling moby just reading about it 😳🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤣🤣🤣🤣. Interesting stuff, and I can totally imagine that, without motion sickness, it would be lovely watching the sea lashing hard against the ship indeed. 

Interesting re the Fawklands. Similar mock set ups are done by the RAF as you’d know, re G force, and also escaping a jet crashing into the sea. 

I’d keep your gingernuts handy just in case our Ant 🤣👍🙃😉🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Well @Bev the ships I have been on have generally been pretty big. Last one was HMS Queen Elizabeth, 65,000 tonnes of not-moving-around-much no matter what the sea conditions.

Seasickness has never been something I've suffered though, even in frigates in a storm. It's great to stand at the back of the bridge and see solid green water breaking on the windows as the bows bury themselves in a giant swell. The worst ships are the ones that roll in a heavy swell.

On one frigate I was on for the Falklands in '82, there was an extra tall compartment quite far forward, a heavy swell was the signal for a bunch of lads trying out their anti gravity skills. Extra points if you could grab a strong point on the ceiling and hold on as the bows rapidly rise again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wow that sounds amazing. Have an amazing time 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

How do not get sea sickness, Ant, or do you wear motion bands?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That sounds like quite a remarkable adventure @Antski, I hope you have a wonderful time. Thanks for letting us know!:blush:

I think the weather is going to be the biggest factor as far as enjoyment goes. A previous transit down through the Irish Sea at this time of year is in my top 5 roughest times at sea ever!

That sounds like quite a remarkable adventure @Antski, I hope you have a wonderful time. Thanks for letting us know!:blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Wow! Sounds great Antski, have a fab time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hope it goes well, our Ant, and enjoy it to the max! 👍👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I won't be around much for a little while, joining a sailing expedition that's due to take 3 weeks, run by armed forces veterans charity Turn to Starboard. I'll be crewing on a yacht sailing down from Scotland to Falmouth via the Isle of Man. Looking forward to some exciting times afloat, great scenery and some wildlife no doubt too.

There will be postings on Turn to Starboard's social media, if you want to follow along. You can also see the work they do at www.turntostarboard.co.uk

@Nataly Is it yours?!

Definitely not @G4RHL :joy:  or, if it was, I certainly wasn’t told! 

My boyfriend was Best Man though and did a cracking job with the speech, very relieved it’s done. :smile:

@Nataly Is it yours?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Enjoy the Devon wedding our Nat 👰💕🤵👍, it should be all the more special now they’ve waited so long. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Nataly hope you have a great time!

Howdy folks! 

This isn’t a long one but just to let you know I’m off for the rest of today - headed to a wedding down in Devon, 1 ½ years after its original date…! 

Hope you all have lovely weekends. :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Only you our Notes 🤭🙄🙃🤣, only you hee hee

Have you got a brother called Richard? 😈

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey! Welcome back Mr Marcus head! 

Aaah, counting down the hours.

I’m off tomorrow (Fri 17 Sep) and all of next week. Not doing or going anywhere v exciting, maybe a few days in Devon or Dorset, and most likely a visit to the ‘rentals to play the role of tech support, dutiful son, loft re-arranger and memory jogger :laughing:

I’ll be seeing all you beautiful lot on Monday 27 Sep.

Yoda is out of office

Oh, and a PS. It’s now just 99 days until Christmas!

Annnnnnnnnd I’m back.

So, looks like I picked the worst (or should that be best?) time to take a week off. :disappointed_relieved::smile:

I’m bowled over by how amazingly supportive everyone has been towards PP during what’s been the craziest time in the energy market. 

That sounds absolutely ideal @Lapa! Not long to go now. :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Nataly currnetly have a spa day and a hair cut booked in. Just need some time to do relax

Nice one @Lapa, got any nice plans? :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

On 6 weeks countdown for my next out of office yay