Out Of Office

• 2 August 2020
  • 75 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9890 replies

Sometimes, our lovely community buddies are conspicuous by their absence 😢

I notice two missing members, in particular. Not seen our Strutty nor our Dai in absolute weeks 😢😢😢

Hopefully this little thread might be useful if you want to tell others you won’t be around, or just if you want to ask after somebody that hasn’t been seen for a while 👍. 

Hopefully our Dai 💕and our Strutty 💕are both well, and may be back soon 👍👏 

75 replies

I’m sure @Strutt G and @David j are both doing well @Bev (but I think the latter did have some tricky weather a couple of weeks ago?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Marc & Bev, Oh and bless you Bev for wondering where we are! As Marc had suggested, we are still organising & encouraging tradesmen and women to quote & undertake essential work - lounge carpet going down tomorrow then a two week gap before kitchen floor is laid. We are still painting but that is coming to an end soon, we are taking the opportunity to paint etc while others are working around us. Also, we’ve been catching up with the grandchildren & taking then to Folly Farm near Tenby West Wales and visiting our local lovely Gower beaches as the weather has been favourable. Anyway, I will be more active in the community soon. 

Look after yourself Bev,

Regards,

Dai 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Oh, that reminds me @Bev I’m away next week! Tenerife, Malasia, Greece, Isle of Man. :laughing:

Scared of coming oop North @Marc? 😁😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oooooooh that’s great you’re ok our Dai, gosh hadn’t realised that leak was as bad 🙀, when you last mentioned it. How awful, but sounds like you’re getting there now, in a safe and steady way 👍👏👏👏. Great you’ve still found time to see your grandchildren💕, as know Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿doing things a lot steadier, which is good IMO 👍👍👍👍. Ah lovely to know all ok our Dai, see you back here when fully fully ready and organised 👍👍👍👍. Brill. 

Hey Marc, ya bugger 🙀🙀🙀🙀. No fear there then! ✈️😷😂. Brave boy! What a range you’re covering in a week 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀! You enjoy, but do do do stay soooooooo mindful! Hey love this thread altho I say so myself! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh, that reminds me @Bev I’m away next week! Tenerife, Malasia, Greece, Isle of Man. :laughing:

Are you dreaming Marc? 😂😂😂😂

Oh, that reminds me @Bev I’m away next week! Tenerife, Malasia, Greece, Isle of Man. :laughing:

Are you dreaming Marc? 😂😂😂😂

Sure am @David j Think I’ll be holidaying in bonny Somerset, ie at home :blush:

Scared of coming oop North @Marc? 😁😉

Hey @25 quid I think Isle of Man is up North, no? I’m sure it’s north of Watford

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I believed you as well, Marc! 🙀🙀🙀, glad you’re staying safe, phew! 😅#gullible 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I believed you as well, Marc! 🙀🙀🙀, glad you’re staying safe, phew! 😅#gullible 

Not gullible, just trusting 👏👏

Hi folks

I’m going to be off for a week next week - not Tenerife, Malasia, Greece, Isle of Man :laughing: 

Will be chilling at home, mostly.

Obviously message @Nataly if anything super-urgent crops up! 

Chat to all you lovely people w/c Mon 17 August-ish.

:palm_tree:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hee hee, love this thread 👍😂👏

Have a lovely relaxing week Marc, enjoy this gorgeous English weather 👍🤸‍♀️☀️😎, get your paddling pool out! 😂👍

Morning all! Great to be back.

I need to get my head around the fact that today I won’t be spending the whole day watching snooker and chilling out. Which is a pity :laughing:

Anyway. Have I missed anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good ole Ronnie 👍👏👏👏💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Welcome back, Marc! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

PS LOVE this thread! What a smashing idea! 😂😂😂😂😂😂👍👍

What a final frame of that semifinal!! 😲

What a final frame of that semifinal!! 😲

The Wilson/McGill one? Yes! I thought someone had slipped something into my cup of tea…. v weird it was :joy:

I’m back in the classroom tomorrow (Thurs 17th Sep) and Friday (18th). Oh and Saturday!

Not actually going to uni campus. Some are, most of us are joining up via the interwebs.

@Nataly has everything under control! :muscle:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Such a handy little thready is this 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A huge Auf Wiedersehen to our Jonny who’s off to pastures new tomorrow! 

Good luck in your new job Jonny 🐴🐴🐴🐎🐎🐎, and have a safe journey to Germany! 

Will miss seeing you on here, in the land of PP 😢, but here’s hoping you’ll pop by to visit once fully settled 👍

Bye bye, our Mavis 👋

How sweet @Bev :grin:

Absolutely agreed - good luck with your travels @Mavis1, hope it all goes smoothly! Looking forward to hearing all about it once you’re safely in the land of würstchen! :hotdog:

Just to say I’m off tomorrow for a day of brunching and pumpkin carving :grin:  have a nice weekend folks! Happy Halloween! :jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern:

You Tier 1 folk… You know how to live it up!! 😱

Okay I know that I just had a couple of days off and I know I can’t actually go anywhere because of ‘lockdown 2’ and I know poor @Nataly will miss me terribly but I just couldn’t help but notice that:

1. the next three days’ weather forecast is sunny and cold, which is my favourite kind
  2. i’ve several days of holiday to use this year and my aforementioned learn’d colleague has reserved the Whole Of December to herself, so I’d better get in when I can
  3. for the first time since February I’m not suffering form back pain, and those Apple Rings won’t close themselves you know

All of which is my roundabout way of switching on the old ‘out of office’ automated reply. Back at rhe races bright and early Monday morning.

Be careful out there. :cop:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. Make sure you enjoy lots of walking ☀️🍂🍁, just perfect weather 👍
  2. The WHOLE of December!? Nat, that’s just plain greedy 🙀🙀🙀😂😂😂😂😂😂
  3. yippeeeeeee re no back pain 👍👍👏👏, but what are Apple rings?!!!!!! 🤔🤔🤔🤷‍♀️
  4. Nice to see you using the Out Of Office thread 😁😁😁👍

Stay safe ya bugger

1. what are Apple rings?!!!!!! 🤔🤔🤔🤷‍♀️

Hahaha Apple rings are the way you use the Apple Watch to track your activity/fitness. They look like so:

Apple rings

I’m sure @25 quid or @G4RHL will correct me if I’m wrong, but red is your calories burned, green is exercise minutes, and blue is to make sure you stand up once per hour.