Out Of Office

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 16650 replies

Sometimes, our lovely community buddies are conspicuous by their absence ๐Ÿ˜ข

I notice two missing members, in particular. Not seen our Strutty nor our Dai in absolute weeks ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

Hopefully this little thread might be useful if you want to tell others you wonโ€™t be around, or just if you want to ask after somebody that hasnโ€™t been seen for a while ๐Ÿ‘.ย 

Hopefully our Dai ๐Ÿ’•and our Strutty ๐Ÿ’•are both well, and may be back soon ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ย 

168 replies

Iโ€™m sure @Strutt Gย and @David jย are both doing well @Bevย (but I think the latter did have some tricky weather a couple of weeks ago?)

ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Marc & Bev, Oh and bless you Bev for wondering where we are! As Marc had suggested, we are still organising & encouraging tradesmen and women to quote & undertake essential work - lounge carpet going down tomorrow then a two week gap before kitchen floor is laid. We are still painting but that is coming to an end soon, we are taking the opportunity to paint etc while others are working around us. Also, weโ€™ve been catching up with the grandchildren & taking then to Folly Farm near Tenby West Wales and visitingย our local lovely Gower beaches as the weather has been favourable. Anyway, I will be more active in the community soon.ย 
ย 

Look after yourself Bev,

Regards,

Dai ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ

Oh, that reminds me @Bevย Iโ€™m away next week! Tenerife, Malasia, Greece, Isle of Man.ย :laughing:

Scared of coming oop North @Marc? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oooooooh thatโ€™s great youโ€™re ok our Dai, gosh hadnโ€™t realised that leak was as bad ๐Ÿ™€, when you last mentioned it. How awful, but sounds like youโ€™re getting there now, in a safe and steady way ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Great youโ€™ve still found time to see your grandchildren๐Ÿ’•, as know Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟdoing things a lot steadier,ย which is good IMO ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Ah lovely to know all ok our Dai, see you back here when fully fully ready and organised ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. Brill.ย 

Hey Marc, ya bugger ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€. No fear there then! โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜‚. Brave boy! What a range youโ€™re covering in a week ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€! You enjoy, but do do do stay soooooooo mindful! Hey love this thread altho I say so myself!ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Oh, that reminds meย @Bevย Iโ€™m away next week! Tenerife, Malasia, Greece, Isle of Man.ย :laughing:

Are you dreaming Marc? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh, that reminds meย @Bevย Iโ€™m away next week! Tenerife, Malasia, Greece, Isle of Man.ย :laughing:

Are you dreaming Marc? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Sure am @David jย Think Iโ€™ll be holidaying in bonny Somerset, ie at homeย :blush:

ย 

Scared of coming oop Northย @Marc? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰

Hey @25 quidย I think Isle of Man is up North, no? Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s north of Watford

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I believed you as well, Marc! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€, glad youโ€™re staying safe, phew! ๐Ÿ˜…#gullibleย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I believed you as well, Marc! ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€, glad youโ€™re staying safe, phew! ๐Ÿ˜…#gullibleย 

Not gullible, just trusting ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hi folks

Iโ€™m going to be off for a week next week -ย notย Tenerife, Malasia, Greece, Isle of Manย :laughing:ย 

Will be chilling at home, mostly.

Obviously message @Natalyย if anything super-urgent crops up!ย 

Chat to all you lovely people w/c Mon 17 August-ish.

:palm_tree:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee, love this thread ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

Have a lovely relaxing week Marc, enjoy this gorgeous English weather ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคธโ€โ™€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž, get your paddling pool out! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

Morning all! Great to be back.

I need to get my head around the fact that today I wonโ€™t be spending the whole day watching snooker and chilling out. Which is a pityย :laughing:

Anyway. Have I missed anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good ole Ronnie ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Welcome back, Marc!ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

PS LOVE this thread! What a smashing idea! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

What a final frame of thatย semifinal!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

What a final frame of thatย semifinal!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

The Wilson/McGill one? Yes! I thought someone had slipped something into my cup of teaโ€ฆ. v weird it wasย :joy:

Iโ€™m back in the classroom tomorrow (Thurs 17th Sep) and Friday (18th). Oh and Saturday!

Not actually going to uni campus. Some are, most of us are joining up via the interwebs.

@Natalyย has everything under control!ย :muscle:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Such a handy little thready is this ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

A huge Auf Wiedersehen to our Jonny whoโ€™s off to pastures new tomorrow!ย 

Good luck in your new job Jonny ๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐Ÿด๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ, and have a safe journey to Germany!ย 

Will miss seeing you on here, in the land of PP ๐Ÿ˜ข, but hereโ€™s hoping youโ€™ll pop by to visit once fully settled ๐Ÿ‘

Bye bye, our Mavis ๐Ÿ‘‹

How sweet @Bevย :grin:

Absolutely agreed - good luck with your travels @Mavis1, hope it all goes smoothly! Looking forward to hearing all about it once youโ€™re safely in the land ofย wรผrstchen!ย :hotdog:

Just to say Iโ€™m off tomorrow for a day of brunching and pumpkin carvingย :grin: ย have a nice weekend folks! Happy Halloween!ย :jack_o_lantern::jack_o_lantern:

You Tier 1 folkโ€ฆย You know how to live it up!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Okay I know that I just had a couple of days off and I know I canโ€™t actually go anywhere because of โ€˜lockdown 2โ€™ and I know poorย @Natalyย will miss me terribly but I just couldnโ€™t help but notice that:

1. the next three daysโ€™ weather forecast is sunny and cold, which is my favourite kind
  2. iโ€™ve several days of holiday to use this year and my aforementioned learnโ€™d colleague has reserved the Whole Of December to herself, so Iโ€™d better get in when I can
  3. for the first time since February Iโ€™m not suffering form back pain, and those Apple Rings wonโ€™t close themselves you know

All of which is my roundabout way of switching on the old โ€˜out of officeโ€™ automated reply. Back at rhe races bright and early Monday morning.

Be careful out there.ย :cop:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  1. Make sure you enjoy lots of walking โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ, just perfect weather ๐Ÿ‘
  2. The WHOLE of December!?ย Nat, thatโ€™s just plain greedy ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  3. yippeeeeeee re no back pain ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, but what are Apple rings?!!!!!! ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
  4. Nice to see you using the Out Of Office thread ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Stay safe ya bugger

1. what are Apple rings?!!!!!! ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Hahaha Apple rings are the way you use the Apple Watch to track your activity/fitness. They look like so:

Apple rings

Iโ€™m sure @25 quidย or @G4RHLย will correct me if Iโ€™m wrong, but red is your calories burned, green is exercise minutes, and blue is to make sure you stand up once per hour.