Out Of Office

Show first post

126 replies

Yes red is calories but not sure of its value. You can set the minimum you want to burn

Green is how much exercise, you set your goal. You must then exceed it.

Blue is odd to consider at first for you think “Hang on, I’ve been on my feet all day but I only get an 8 out of 12.” The concept is to avoid you being sedentary such that it does not mind that you sit down but not for so long that lethargy takes over and the danger of being rooted to the spot is there. I.e. move every so often to ensure circulation keeps going. The Apple Watch can tell you when to stand up!

If you use your watch to track exercise routines they are sent to the app on your iPhone. In my case it is mostly

Core Exercises - exercises I do for about 14 minutes each morning to loosen up,

Yoga - 24 minutes of Yoga exercises that follow the loosening up.

Swimming - the clever one, I swim just over 1,000 metres each day and it records the number of lengths swum as well as the type of stroke I use. 

Outdoor Walk - pretty obvious what this does. I and my wife try to go for a walk watch day, it records distance, time and even a map of the route.

Cycling - another obvious one.

The Watch also records heart rate. When swimming often my maximum is around 145 bpm. Sometimes over 150. My maximum apparently is meant to be 146 but my heart has not exploded yet. It also records resting rate, mine is often below 50bpm and I get warnings if it goes down to 45. Not unusual. 

The Watch does not tell you that you are still above the turf but I imagine it will go beserk if it can’t  find a heart rate!

The latest watch can give you an oxygen reading and this like the heart rate is quite accurate if you compare it to dedicated equipment that takes such readings,

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Does sound so so fab! 🙀👍👏. Love it all 👏👏👏👏👏👏. Thank you 👍

Yup, I agree.

Okay, what does @Nataly know about December that we don’t?

A man with a white beard has to self isolate.

Okay, what does @Nataly know about December that we don’t?

:nerd::zipper_mouth:

Have a great weekend/week everyone - see you all on 14 December! 

I’m off to do some DIY :grin:

let’s hope it goes better than this...

Good luck Nat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Nataly 

Handy DIY tips

Use sunscreen (it’s a song)

Buy a laser level, it will pay for itself in time saved many times over..

Disclaimer I only have a spirit level…..but I still walk leaning to one side.

Hi everyone, 

Just a note to say I’m off from today until 4 January :slight_smile:

Hope you all have a lovely festive break, see you in the new year! :sunglasses:

Badge +3

Hi everyone, 

Just a note to say I’m off from today until 4 January :slight_smile:

Hope you all have a lovely festive break, see you in the new year! :sunglasses:

Thank you for all you do in the PP community - have a great break and enjoy your new home :)

Hope you have a lovely Crimbo and New Year Nat, see you in 2021.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah thanks Nat, have lots of Festive Fun in your new home and a boom new year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone.

Yes, enjoy @Nataly. And a belated Happy Christmas to all!

Howdy folks :sunglasses:

Just to let you know I’m not around on Mon - I’ll be staying up to watch the Superbowl on Sunday eve :innocent: and (more importantly!) will hopefully then be overseeing the finishing touches to our renovation work throughout Monday… eeek! 

See y’all on Tuesday, have a great weekend! 

Enjoy!

Hope all goes well @Nataly 
Who are you supporting in the Superbowl?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Howdy folks :sunglasses:

Just to let you know I’m not around on Mon - I’ll be staying up to watch the Superbowl on Sunday eve :innocent: and (more importantly!) will hopefully then be overseeing the finishing touches to our renovation work throughout Monday… eeek! 

See y’all on Tuesday, have a great weekend! 

Have a great weekend Nat, got any tips on how we can wind Marc up while your off.

I’m all about Kansas City @Gwyndy! Will you be tuning in? 

My actual ‘team’ when it comes to American football is the Texas Longhorns… but that’s college football :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Enjoy your day off Nat after the Super Bowl. Doing great with your house! 🙀🏡👍👏

I’m all about Kansas City @Gwyndy! Will you be tuning in? 

My actual ‘team’ when it comes to American football is the Texas Longhorns… but that’s college football :grin:

I probably won’t be, Basketball’s more my thing when it comes to North American sports, which really confuses people when I say ‘Go Spurs!’ as I’m not talking about Tottenham, but San Antonio.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I couldn’t help noticing @myauntie hasn’t been around in a while. Hope all ok auntie, just saying 👍🤷‍♀️

I couldn’t help noticing that your @myauntie didn’t tag properly, so I tickled it some more on the belly...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😉