OLYMPIC GLORY

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello again. 

Yes i have been very absent lately, but the last 3 months have been crazy and the boss became very superstitious so i did not want to be the one that put a jinx on things. I have never really said who i ultimately work for but the secret is now out. 

But afrer years of training, hard work, long days and sleepless nights and even moving to germany on a permanent basis. Finally today it all seems worth it. 

ITS A        GOLD MEDAL     🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇

22 replies

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooo :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I was only asking after you the other day our Jon boy 😳😳😳😳😳

Too spooky, and then you appear!

Full details please, that is just excellent! What a job! Didn’t realise. 

Well done our Mave, and well done dressage team. Do always root for the Dujardin tho 🤭😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

1 horse.

1 rider.

1 groom.

1 rather large team.

This is what it takes to win in tokyo. 

Absolutely great. My father loved horses. Started a Police Mounted Branch. Could tell you what a horse would do two jumps away from one. Just read their faces and movements. Loved dressage and performed well at horse trials. The only problem was his son had asthma. Allergic to horses!

@Mavis1 enjoy it all whilst you can.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Bet you’re on top of the world, our Jon, and ultra proud of your hard work! Does the job continue or will you be coming back to the farm after? 

Absolutely amazing, congratulations @Mavis1!

Really incredible stuff @Mavis1, thanks for sharing it with us, too! Bet you’re ecstatic. :heart_eyes:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Amazing 👏

I could be wrong, but I think this is first Olympic team winner we have in our community. Probably qualifies for the mystery band this month. (As if a gold medal wasn’t enough!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

When Jonny moved, I was like eeeeeek, is he really truly sure about this! 😳😳😳😳😳

Now we know why! BOY OH BOY  wouldn’t need much thinking about would it! No brainer! What a team to be a part of! What an experience very few have to opportunity to take up! Still can’t stop smiling for our Jonny and the superb result! Just can’t imagine the elation, indeed 👍👏🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Yeah goes without saying our Marcus, perfect idea 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Going for gold again today. 

Massive score takes the lead. 3 riders to go. I have no nails left now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Double olympic gold. 

Party tonight and tomorrow we start work on paris 2024. My god when does it ever end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thrilled for you, Jon. Truly truly am. All your hard work, and the teams, paid off. Well done, lad! Enjoy the celebration 👍👏👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🍾🍾🍾🍾💥👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks our bev. 

Yayyyy go team Aubenhausen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Do you think the horses really understand the enormity of what they’ve done? I often wonder, our Jonny, I often wonder. You would be truly honest, and definitely the one to know. Hope they’re really loved and fully rewarded.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The horses dont really understand what they have done. They do know if they do what is asked they enjoy themselves and believe me if they not having fun grooms and riders know about it. Currently have two grooms injured one with a bruised hip joint after getting kicked and one with leg injury and broken wrist after being pulled over and trodden on. But back on point a good test means lots of fuss and most importantly apples and carrots. 

Its a bit like giving a kid sweets for being well behaved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Lovely to hear! Thank you Jonny 👍👏🥕🍎🍏🐴🐴🐴

Do you think the horses really understand the enormity of what they’ve done? I often wonder, our Jonny, I often wonder. You would be truly honest, and definitely the one to know. Hope they’re really loved and fully rewarded.  

Many many years ago I asked my father the same question. The answer was no in the sense of enormity but yes in the sense “I feel I have achieved something.”  The bonding between rider and horse is crucial, an affection builds up between them and a mutual desire to do well. Which was how my father would describe it. Despite once having his horse rear up, his nuts crushed and bruised, ribs broken and nose smashed! He would have loved watching team GB and it’s horses and riders. I used to get a running commentary from him - mainly about what was about to happen!

We have just witnessed only a few minutes of immense hard work and dedication, bonding, trust and love from the rider through the whole team. That takes lots of effort and time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just this second watched the Dujardin, Rich, and instantly felt that sense of achievement you speak of, from her horse Gio aka Pumpkin. You could truly see it 😳👍♥️, beautiful to see, and such a HUGE achievement for Charlotte over the years 👏👏👏👏🐴

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So pleasd for you @Mavis1 she's amazing, I'm such a fan

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here it is the other ones is the same. Had to prize it away from jessie as i think she still sleeping with them. Its bigger than it looks is quite heavy and no its not a chocolate coin. 

Have to admit had a few tears . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Bet you can’t get off cloud nine our Jonny! Can’t imagine how Jess must feel! Incredible. To be a part of all this Jonny, it’s something you’ll absolutely treasure forever! No wonder you jumped at the chance., I was going to say, “you dark horse you”, but ……, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏